The Last Wish for Mods....

+
The Last Wish for Mods....

So what mods would people actually like to see?Personally I'd like to see a static sorted inventory, the ability to hold two silver swords, the ability for Geralt to roll out of attacks (for the price of a Gold talent), New "high def" NPC models with variated skins, and some hardcore bump mapping, and independent lighting sourcing on people who've had inferno cast on them and of course the usuals like new sounds, new adventures/modules and reskinning.

Have look at the next patch wishlists in some other forums; they'll give you a fair idea of what players crave the most. ;)

lol, I'm thinking more along the lines of CONTENT, not fixes.I would prefer to get fixes from the team in charge, ne?

Xhan said:
I would prefer to get fixes from the team in charge, ne?
Well, let's hope they don't get too reliant on fan-made mods to fix things. :-\Anyway, what I'd like to see is a better inventory -- bigger item icons above all, maybe a greater differentiation in the appearance of potion bottles. I don't care about new models and textures; the current ones suit me just fine. Also a couple of new monster types for the Chapter V swamp, weapons dual-wielding (looked very cool in KOTOR, but I wouldn't use it personally).

I'd like to see sidequests that allow for more development of what the player wants his character's character to be. Not just good evil bad, but alot of the time it seems the NPCs verbally reward you for acting like "the old geralt" and thus well, i'm playing Geralt who has a predetermined personality. In Torment, it was similar, but there was more new characters with which to interact with on a close basis. The closest people Geralt has all knew him and have expectations of him. Shanni, Triss, Dandelion, Zoralhtng. Forgot his name. Anyways. Next -> more sidequests into new areas. BGII succeeded in part because it had entire dungeons with uber-bosses (red dragon) who you didn't have to fight, but doing so rewarded you in more than xp, gold, character development, decision making, . .. they rewarded you in all of them. {Pity we can't ressurrect a villain like Jon Irenicus.} Lastly, the thing I noted was how all the thugs were exactly the same. I'd like some variation. I like to kill many people, not the same people. It just doesn't make sense logically to kill the same person over and over.

I'd like to see a solid identity quest... the current one feels more like a teaser. Even for an action oriented individual like Geralt, who when he is feeling deep, just asks a friend for input, and argues.... It seems to me that even in the middle of a war about to go down, he's going to think about who he is, what he is....where he came from....even just when sitting and meditating beside the campfire. I mean, he just resurrected, has no memory (or just tiny flashes of memory) of the past, people who recognize him have expectations... even complete strangers make coments that are "woah", like the guard at the gate who makes a comment about Geralt being the Butcher of (somewhere), and we are keeping an eye on you.... OK, had to be something intense in his past to get known as "The Butcher of Some City/Battle/Icky Event"..... But the whole identity quest is just a few realizations about his ethics, after a couple quests. How he is so much more comfortable seeming in the seedy part of town, wants to stay neutral, but still moves and gets constantly drawn into the rarified atmosphere of politicos and kings (on down to the hated banquets)....He keeps saying "I'm a witcher, not an assassin, I don't kill humans I kill monsters", but most of his kills are human (if you don't count the eternally respawning drowners and drowned dead). And he ends up in a whole theme of "monster outside nice guy inside" vs "human on the outside, but monster on the inside"...... That's GOT to be an entire month of twice a week sessions with a therapist, all by itself! There is so much room for more in the identity quest...

We here at Full Sail, a game development college in Florida, recently created a modding development group from students and some staff of the school. The Witcher being one of the greatest RPGs of all time (at least in my opinion :)), it has been spreading among many of my fellow modders here (alright so I told everyone here to play the game ;)) whom hold the same view of the game. Thus we have begun working on a mod that continues the story where The Witcher left off in terms of the very many open ended threads left wide open, especially including the identity quest. At the moment, we are beginning the design stages of a story on the same scale as the original, which is an extremely lofty goal in itself. We plan to have the basis of design ready to go for the Djinni toolset launch.With the equipment and some of the most talented individuals I have ever met at the school here, we hope to provide complete immersion in the game, even down to voice overs and cut scenes. We also plan to try and localize this mod as much as possible so the international community can enjoy it. And while this Full Sail modding project mainly from the students, I would be more than appreciative if anyone else wished to help outside the school, even if it's just some ideas for where they see Geralt's story leading to.

Vaernus said:
We here at Full Sail, a game development college in Florida, recently created a modding development group from students and some staff of the school. The Witcher being one of the greatest RPGs of all time (at least in my opinion :)), it has been spreading among many of my fellow modders here (alright so I told everyone here to play the game ;)) whom hold the same view of the game. Thus we have begun working on a mod that continues the story where The Witcher left off in terms of the very many open ended threads left wide open, especially including the identity quest. At the moment, we are beginning the design stages of a story on the same scale as the original, which is an extremely lofty goal in itself. We plan to have the basis of design ready to go for the Djinni toolset launch.With the equipment and some of the most talented individuals I have ever met at the school here, we hope to provide complete immersion in the game, even down to voice overs and cut scenes. We also plan to try and localize this mod as much as possible so the international community can enjoy it. And while this Full Sail modding project mainly from the students, I would be more than appreciative if anyone else wished to help outside the school, even if it's just some ideas for where they see Geralt's story leading to.
Website? Newsletter we can subscribe to, to keep updated on progress? Time Machine, so you can get in our grubby little paws by next month???

Hah, sorry I lent my time machine to Alvin so he could go back in time and become the Grand Master. ;)No website yet on the project. Or newsletter. Only real news so far is the initial script for the game being designed by myself. We are getting a few more individuals for 3D design, and some artwork. The only real limitation we have right now is being unable to read through the original books due to language complications. (Well, and not having the toolset yet, but that's a temporary issue.) Thus everyone is replaying the game under different paths to get every detail from it, and build from there. If anyone has read through the saga and wishes to help with design, or has other skills they wish to provide for the mod, send me an email and we'll go from there. Gonna be a very ambitious project.

As an update, the Full Sail modteam has scrapped having a script directly after the game as expansions are surely to be coming that will fill those gaps, and have instead focused on a script four years after the game ends. The overall script is complete, as well as a good portion of concept sketches for the characters and locales, and we are now building each individual act. The mod currently spans between the same setup as The Witcher (prologue, five acts, and an epilogue). We have brought back a few characters from the game, as well as a few characters from the book. It is based around the kingdom of Aedirn.Here is a basic excerpt from the overview of the mod The Strands of Destiny:Four years. Feels like a lifetime, especially for someone who has already died. Yet, its only been four years since the incidents in Vizima. Much has changed, and yet much has stayed the same. Humans discriminate against nonhumans, while the nonhumans strike back through the Scoia'tael. Blood is spilled while the monsters prey off the remaining few. I once questioned whether the times had changed for Witchers. I questioned whether evil hid behind laws and principles. That there were no more monsters, and that we would become obsolete. And this is partly true.I have seen a virtuous, revered man turn away his own pregnant daughter and hand children over to bandits. This very man who was seen as righteous was more of a monster than many of the drowners I have killed. I have also seen another man consumed by visions of saving his people, by in turn mutating and killing them. High ideals for a man who vied for power, but had no control. Yet, in the end, there are still monsters. And because of this, there will always be a need for Witchers. It does not matter whether the monster is inside a wall of "high ideals", or outside. They will be dealt with.Thus, after another winter in Kaer Morhen with the far too few remaining Witchers, I travel south to find some work. Triss travels by my side, a loyal companion. I love her, and this way of life fits us both. I can never settle down and have a family, and she wouldn't accept that either. We have been through enough lately, and we will be through much more. The Strands of Destiny seem to be entwined around my neck since I've returned. And I can feel them tugging me forward in a direction I have no desire to go.

I know your script is complete, you said it, but in books, like Sword of Destiny, Triss Mreigold died at the 2nd battle of .. Soadenn, something like this (hmm memory), and Geralt is definetly attached to Yennefer (good friend of Triss, same sorceress lodge, by the way)n who's personal quest is to find a way to give birht. Wich could be included in Geratl's identity quest as a major choice, a problem to deal with.

Well maybe .. my own personal last wish is to read all the books, not only the 2 short stories one ;)

Aye Triss was supposed to have died quite a long time ago but:Triss Merigold of Maribor - a sorceress, called Fourteenth of the Hill because she was erroneously considered killed during the Battle of Sodden Hill.Also in the new characters added to The Witcher website, it supports the same thing above which was from the wikia.Now it would be very interesting to see what would happen if a relationship was built between Geralt and Triss, and some other sorceress was to return and find out, now wouldn't it? :)Yea and I agree, we only had The Last Wish as access to build this script, and if it wasn't for Prawdziwy Gerald and others knowledge of the whole saga, it wouldn't be very entertaining in the least. We plan to give much more insight on activities in the saga for those that cannot get the books.

Vaernus said:
Aye Triss was supposed to have died quite a long time ago but:Triss Merigold of Maribor - a sorceress, called Fourteenth of the Hill because she was erroneously considered killed during the Battle of Sodden Hill.Also in the new characters added to The Witcher website, it supports the same thing above which was from the wikia.Now it would be very interesting to see what would happen if a relationship was built between Geralt and Triss, and some other sorceress was to return and find out, now wouldn't it? :)Yea and I agree, we only had The Last Wish as access to build this script, and if it wasn't for Prawdziwy Gerald and others knowledge of the whole saga, it wouldn't be very entertaining in the least. We plan to give much more insight on activities in the saga for those that cannot get the books.
Not "The sword of destiny" yet ? Strange, it has been published lately in France ;)

Vaernus Mod sounds interesting.
We also plan to try and localize this mod as much as possible so the international community can enjoy it.
I have no idea about modding whatsoever but as a student of English and German I want to offer help localizing the whole stuff.

Always looking for good help. As a quick update, we are just about complete with the prologue "act" of the mod, including every character, their dialogue, the overall map and layout, and art. We have also begun building the 3D assets which include a small town, and a very open forest area that allows for some exploration and monster bashing for those interested in that. As soon as the toolset launches, we will be importing all the work, and designing the cut scenes, dialogue, events, etc. Assuming the 18th "could" be the launch of the toolset, we will have the prologue complete within two months, with the entire mod taking 8-10 months. Would everyone prefer having each act launched individually, or as an entire mod?

If the entire mod takes 8- 10 months, I would definetly prefer having each act individually. When it is finished an entire version might be more favourable.I send you a PN with my mail adress if you need help translating anything into German, just post me the dialogues and I have a go.

Top Bottom