the new adrenaline bar - how does it work?

+
the new adrenaline bar - how does it work?

First off, I really like the look of the new adrenaline bar. It shows how far you've progressed through a point, and also shows how fast it drains after a fight so that's really nice!

However, I'm kind of confused by it. How exactly does it work?

it fills up and when you go over a stripe you have a point? Or do you only have an adrenaline point when it glows? Or does it only glow when at full adrenaline? It didn't seem to do anything like this consistently for me... Sometimes it glows, sometimes it doesn't glow...
Also, has the workings of rend changed? Because sometimes when i'm at full adrenaline and charge up a rend, it won't consume a point. But at other times, it will consume them...

Very confused here. Anyone tested this yet?

---------- Updated at 01:00 PM ----------

No one?

I'll be honest.. I'm really, really, really good at W3 but I still have no idea how the old or new adrenaline bar or adrenaline points in general works.

Same issue here.
Sometimes the adrenaline bar glows when stacking up to a full point and other times it doesn't. There are also times when the leftmost two column or the middle one glows after meditation whilst the rightmost one is black.
Rend doesn't seem to consume adrenaline points anymore.
Haven't tested hunter instinct yet.

---------- Updated at 02:58 PM ----------

Generally you stack up adrenaline points when landing sword attack on foes and lose them when you take damage. Adrenaline points will affect your sword damage.
There're also a few skills use adrenaline points. see this post

Last edited:
Same issue here.
Sometimes the adrenaline bar glows when stacking up to a full point and other times it doesn't. There are also times when the leftmost two column or the middle one glows after meditation whilst the rightmost one is black.
Rend doesn't seem to consume adrenaline points anymore.
Haven't tested hunter instinct yet.

---------- Updated at 02:58 PM ----------

Generally you stack up adrenaline points when landing sword attack on foes and lose them when you take damage. Adrenaline points will affect your sword damage.
There're also a few skills use adrenaline points. see this post

Thank you very much. This provided insight.

So is this not glowing or rend not using adrenaline points a bug? Any dev insight possible here?

I mean, love the new look but shouldnt you guys write a little manual on the changes made? =p

In this new playthrough I have noticed this new Adrenaline feature for the first time because there were so many interesting new things to discover after these gigantic DLC`s and Updates, and these 3 red bars in the HUD are really obvious now.
When Geralt makes a swordfight (I haven`t seen the bars fill up when using magic) bar after bar fills up, and I guess his moves and swordstrokes become faster and more powerful when all 3 bars are glowing red.
Interesting new feature, I like it :)

i still don't understand, do i need to trigger the use of adrenaline in sme ay or it is just a passive skill?
Some skills will actively consume your adrenaline points(if available) to achieve additional effects, e.g. Rend will trade them for damage bonus and whirl can be maintained at the cost of adrenaline after stamina is drained.
There are also `passive' skills that modify your stats based on your adrenaline level, they will not change your adrenaline, examples being battle frenzy and deadly precision.

But none above gives you any means to explicitly use adrenaline points, instead they serve as either an additional bonus or passive effect.

I finished W3 like 4 times with 400+ hrs but never understood how adrenaline works.

In B&W, when full adrenaline glows, Geralt's attack speed/movement seem to increase. Is it really the case or my imagination?

not really noticed that. i'll try paying attention to that next time.

See? all the more reason a dev should come clarify this...

Top Bottom