The Old Camera Angle (closer) VS The New Camera Angle (farther and higher)

+

The Old Camera Angle (closer) VS The New Camera Angle (farther and higher)

• The Old Camera Angle (closer to Geralt)

Votes: 135 60.5%
  • The New Camera Angle (farther and higher)

Votes: 88 39.5%

• Total voters
I'm not going to lie... I HATED The Witcher 2's camera... to this day I cannot play it without a camera mod. It really excites me that The Witcher 3 will FINALLY have a camera that is fit for the big open world. I commend CDPR for that.

I am also very disappointed in CDPR. In this day and age, NOT having camera options is really REALLY backwards minded. Even though I can enjoy the type of camera I like, my heart goes out to those that won't be able to enjoy the game the way THEY like. Grand Theft Auto V has adjustable camera, even SKYRIM has an adjustable camera....

CDPR, you need to REALLY patch in camera options ASAP. Like, RIGHT NOW.... GO!!! STAT! NO EXCUSES!!!

The far away camera angles shown in the newer videos worry me. While I'm mainly getting this game for the story I also am in it for the exploration and I want to feel immersed. If there are no options to change camera view then I'm sure they can somehow implement this later on with a patch, right?

I think having the option would have been the way to go. However, as it is doesnt bother me at all. Red Dead Redemption is probably one of the immersive games I've played in the last 10 years and it has a similar camera view.

I liked the camera position in the Witcher 2 and how it looked in the VGX trailer. Would be nice to have this adjustable in the settings as many of you have mentioned to please both camps.

I'm not going to lie... I HATED The Witcher 2's camera... to this day I cannot play it without a camera mod. It really excites me that The Witcher 3 will FINALLY have a camera that is fit for the big open world. I commend CDPR for that.

I am also very disappointed in CDPR. In this day and age, NOT having camera options is really REALLY backwards minded. Even though I can enjoy the type of camera I like, my heart goes out to those that won't be able to enjoy the game the way THEY like. Grand Theft Auto V has adjustable camera, even SKYRIM has an adjustable camera....

CDPR, you need to REALLY patch in camera options ASAP. Like, RIGHT NOW.... GO!!! STAT! NO EXCUSES!!!

Thank you for being someone who feels for the plight of those who prefer the closer cam even though you're happy with the farther one. Too many people seem to be in the mindset of 'I've got what I want so I don't care' or 'Farther is better because it's what I prefer so you must be a whiner who doesn't know what's best.'

I've always thought that options, within reason, that help a fellow gamer enjoy their purchase should be supported by everyone. For example, I don't mind the chromatic aberration but I'm glad there is an option to switch it off for those who hate it or for whom it induces headaches.

Thank you for being someone who feels for the plight of those who prefer the closer cam even though you're happy with the farther one. Too many people seem to be in the mindset of 'I've got what I want so I don't care' or 'Farther is better because it's what I prefer so you must be a whiner who doesn't know what's best.'

I've always thought that options, within reason, that help a fellow gamer enjoy their purchase should be supported by everyone. For example, I don't mind the chromatic aberration but I'm glad there is an option to switch it off for those who hate it or for whom it induces headaches.

Yeap, absolutely agree. All gamers should support each other in things that provide MORE options for everyone. In that way, the Devs can easily hear the issue, and provide a solution.

As long as my farther back camera angle is in the game, why not add the option to choose a closer camera view for those that prefer it that way? 'sides... "no camera options in 2015 when so many lesser games provide ATLEAST camera toggles... wuuuut? o_O really CDPR?" it really is a facepalm moment for me, I mean, the camera angle is such a critical thing in a game... I really hope they patch in an option, I really do.

Again..New camera view is way better!
TW2 sucked, I could never see all or Geralt out of combat and that's stupid.
TW2 camera should only be made a W3 preset camera option in or out of combat, I think some big PC playing W2 fans on here.. still have yet to play RDR.
Once you play that game or TW3, you will soon know why it's the best camera view in open world games.
I think CDPR nailed it with the camera view.

Last edited:
TW2 camera should only be made a W3 preset camers option in or out of comgat, I think some big PC playing W2 fans on here.. still have yet to play RDR.
Once you play that game or TW3, you will soon know why it's the best camera view in open world games.

Awesome! thank you for your opinion. I share the same opinion as far as TW3 camera, but CDPR really need to add an option to change the camera.

I think with the camera they should try to please all fans by having an option to atleast toggle the camera. It really isn't much to ask.

TW2 camera should only be made a W3 preset camers option in or out of comgat, I think some big PC playing W2 fans on here.. still have yet to play RDR.

Oh dear.....I like you Only, your endless enthusiasm and optimism.

However, if I may be so bold, you're kind of missing the point here. Camera view is down to preference and is highly subjective, and it should be an easily adjustable thing by today's standards. Especially seeing as though it's already in the game with indoors and witcher sense. So why does it offend or mystify you so much that others might prefer something different to you?

'Best camera view'? With respect, that's like saying there's a best ice cream.....which of course is pistachio ;)

Last edited:
Why not just allow the plyers the ability to control the camera zoom?

PLENTY of rpgs do this (even the recent Dragon Age: Inquisition). Just let the mouse wheel (or whatever remappable button) control the zoom in/out , bam, that solves both "taste" and players can simply play with the camera how they want.

I know while I'm exploring and talking to people I'd like the more zoomed in camera like in the first few screens but when I'm in combat I'd like to have it more zoomed out.

Yeah, I think having the camera pulled father back makes sense for combat, but I definitely prefer a closer camera during exploration moments. It just feels more intimate and looks better.

Honestly, I like fixed FOV third person camera. And I know it's late for any requests since the game has gone gold.
But I really don't want to have to decide which angle I want by rolling the mouse wheel button up and down - I will never feel satisfied and I will just keep getting reminded of Fallout or Skyrim. Having the ability to zoom in and out constantly just feels too MMOish.
Spec Ops the Line did it pretty well and no one complained. Gears of War was a bit restrictive. Dragon Age had to have adjustable FOV because of the way the tactical combat is built.

#1. I think there should be a fixed camera for walking around.
#2. Once you start fighting, the FOV broadens by 20-30% just enough to be able to see if you are getting flanked. After the fight, the FOV reverts back to #1 slowly and smoothly in a couple of seconds.
#3 Once you start running or riding the horse, the FOV slightly increases to 30-40% to provide a better panoramic view. Once you stop, the FOV reverts back to #1 slowly and smoothly in a couple of seconds.

That would be a perfect scenario for me.

Last edited:
Oh dear.....I like you Only, your endless enthusiasm and optimism.

However, if I may be so bold, you're kind of missing the point here. Camera view is down to preference and is highly subjective, and it should be an easily adjustable thing by today's standards. Especially seeing as though it's already in the game with indoors and witcher sense. So why does it offend or mystify you so much that others might prefer something different to you?

'Best camera view'? With respect, that's like saying there's a best ice cream.....which of course is pistachio ;)
HaHa Of Course ;)

I like to have spacial awareness (hence I detest RPG's in first person with a few exceptions) so the furthest camera the better because it helps when fighting multiple enemies.

So after 130 hours of playing, I can confidently state that eventhough I am fine with the camera as it is, I would LOVE it if CDP added option for closer camera as to how it was in Witcher 2.
In buildings it is perhaps too close, although I like that as well. But yeah.

How do I move the camera?

I would prefer the camera to be closer to Geralt than it currently is, like when he is walking inside buildings or when over encumbered. Is that possible? In combat it is fine, but I would prefer it to be closer otherwise.

I would prefer the camera to be closer to Geralt than it currently is, like when he is walking inside buildings or when over encumbered. Is that possible?
In its present state, the camera is locked to a series of presets, that change only in specific situations, such as combat and interiors.

Top Bottom