The Power of Tibor Eggebracht

+
jamesfractal;n8791640 said:
god so many Gwent players gamers have no idea what stategy, synergy and card combo is. This is not an exploit it is intelligent deck design.

Actually getting so fucking over all this ridiculous complaining. A generation of gamers who think everything should be easy. Go play WoW, that's why they made it.

There is no strategy, synergy or card combo to Tibor. The only time he does not reach full potential is if the opponent passed...oh look still a 10 power gold in that case, sure wish Old Speartip had that kind of fallback when not able to activate.

At best there is an idea that he is best saved as a trump card for the final round, where the opponent cant pass and is less likely to upset the swing, but that just highlights his stupidity even more. He is a drop on the board, 25 power gold card, when we have stuff like Old Speartip or Saesenthessis who require massive amounts of setup or the right situation to achieve their full potential...in the case of Saesenthessis, if we go by the 8 bronze average power and make Tibor a 17 power card, Saesenthessis would need 11 Dwarfs or Elves on the board to match his swing.

Now, Saesenthessis is a very weak gold at the moment in my opinion, but it is hardly alone.

Imlerith with Frost is a 16 power swing, provided all of that 8 damage actually lands and he does not overkill. Less than Tibor's average, yet requiring setup.

Phillipa is also 16 power swing, provided again her randomly targeted affect does not overkill or whiff (in the case of lack of targets).

I could really go on, but the point is that Tibor is overstatted for something that requires absolutely no setup to drop on the board. Yes, card advantage can be a big thing, but drawing a simple bronze severily limits what can actually be done to shift it around.

I would not even mind Tibor if he actually required much thought to use, but he does not, even having a decent worst case, while something like Old Speartip gets saddled with a 5 power worst case scenario with a peak scenario of 22 power. Better than Tibor with the card draw, but how many times do you see Old Speartips best case? It requires 5 enemy creatures, non armored, non shielded, non gold on 1 row and two non gold units on your opposite row.

Tibor just requires the opponent has not passed for maximum effect.

There is a big difference between a card that gives you a 25 gold with no set up and having a combo you set up for the whole game that gives you 25+ with a random bronze and any 1 card you saved that can be easily counter by a scorch or something. People say kayran is bad, but the highest bronze unit monster can get is 7, and it takes saving a 7 unit (or a silver like frightened or operator). That is a bit more work. I am not saying it's game breaking, it is just too lazy a 25 gold.

Still OP, i lost a bunch of games yesterday because i had crapy bronze cards draw by him. But i hope i will take revenge when the patch launches with vicovaro and golems nerfs.

It's not so much of an exploit in my eyes, than just a card that's ideal in some specific circumstances. It plays the meta very well, built around deck thinning and bluffing.

Dunno. Pretty sure in closed beta he was worse because the strength added was base strength, but now it's boosted, right?

Thomasartois;n8853060 said:
It's not so much of an exploit in my eyes, than just a card that's ideal in some specific circumstances. It plays the meta very well, built around deck thinning and bluffing.

Maybe in a game NG vs NG. But against other factions it doesn't have much to do with "specific circumstances". D-Bomb is the one thing that definitely works well.
D-Shackles and Scorch/Igni requires two moves, which you don't always have (and if you do, it usually requires luck to get the second of these two cards).

So basically you get a gold card with the power of two gold cards in one move. And in most situations the opponent will get an average bronze card for it! Again that doesn't matter when you're playing with NG because that faction has a lot of bronze cards that can get very big. But most cards in other factions are not that good, unless they use cheese cards like DB Protector or Reaver Hunters (which both require a certain type of strategy).

That image showcases a player that is an embarrassment to us NG users. Another novice not playing Cathir. Against me he would be sitting there with 43 points while I have 48 using just my leader card.

Here's another one for you showcasing people building weak NG net decks and embarrassing us real NG players:

Me: 4 cards
Them: 4 cards

Me: Go first, play stammelford's tremors with nothing on the board (why not give them a chance?... 3 cards left)
Them: Play Gerhalt
Score 10-0
Me:: play ventre
Score 10-6
Them:: Play Rot tosser
Score 16-8
Me:: Play canterella
Score 26-8
Them:: play Impera with str 9
Score 35-6 (cow carcass goes off)
Me:: Play alzur's thunder that I got from canteralla, killing the rot tosser
Score 29 - 6
Suddenly I play shackles on their gerhalt, and then ventre hits, removing gerhalt, canterella, and their impera.

MOMMA, THERE GOES THAT MAN!!!

Score 0-6

Game over son.

At that point, all they can do is stare at their Nauzicaa in their hand wondering what just happened and why their net deck didn't work in an open beta of all things.

But yes, we need to nerf NG so that other NG player like myself stop making grown men cry by countering their own NG deck. Fascinating isn't it!

Last edited:
You can just pass and fight with plus 2 CA. And no Eggbullshit for the rest of the game, looks pretty good to me.

Yep, pass is the way to go.
This is why people say NG so OP...when all they had to do was pass and not have tibor to deal with in round 3.

Then you will have a +3 CA on T3 if you can't deal with 25 Points with 3 cards you are doing something really wrong. OP looks like playing some weather monsters so shackes and some kind of scorch effect are a must have.
​​​​​

Actually if OP passes then he loses round 1.
His opponent will just pass on round 2, and only be down one card as OP has to play something to win that round.

So then we move to round 3, where his opponent will use canteralla to even up the card count.

Still a very even game and weather is at the top of their game on 10+ turns rounds. Considering NG dropped their biggest golden bomb on 1 I'd say weather has the advantage.

score on round 1 is almost irrelevant, only thing that matters is if you're 1 point ahead.

going 2 down to win round 1 is actually not that great. Sure, he can ciri+spy on round 2 to have even cards, but then again, because he spent Tibor on round 1 he has no big guns for round 3, where you can drop your crones.

Forcing you to spend crones on round 2, when you're 2 cards up is almost impossible.

All in all, using Tibor that early is actually really bad, because at this point the value you'll get out of the bronze he gave you, with full ahnd and 2 full rounds to go, will more than likely be more than 8-9 points, while his value out of Tibor, if you pass, could may as well be a 1, because again, point difference doesn't matter at all...

So, to cut it short, you should have won that game.

The thing is Tibor is gold (so no affecting him without Dshackles or DBomb) and has 25 (soon to be less but only by a bit). And sure he gives you one card but most of the time its just a crappy 3-5str card which does jack sh*t to offset his str. And sure NG players are gonna say that you can beat him with stuff like the previously mentioned but I don't want to add 5 cards to my deck just to be able to deal with Tibor alone. Yes you can fight him but that Card Advantage he will give you most of the time accounts to nothing cuz you gain 1 card and have to spend 3 just to get rid of him. And before you say "yea but you can pass that round!" the NG player will obviously use Tibor at round 3 so passing = giving up.

Ok so what do I suggest? Keep him gold keep him at 10 str (or 7 or w/e he is now) and just give him a 1 turn timer. This way even if you don't have DBomb the DShackles will both get him down to silver AND stop him from taking the boost so you don't have to play 4 other cards to get more str. See it still can be a game changer if left unattended AND be more balanced even at the last round. Of course many people (especially the ones sporting him will disagree but it still remains a card which requires you to go to great lengths to counter and as a result renders some decks or tactics unplayable (not to mention all the other stuff NG can do, but thats for another thread).

So to sum up: Keep him gold, keep him 25 (or 23 or w/e) but give him a timer so that the rest of us can at least stop doomsday in time.

Though still on beta, gwent needs serious balance... [Tibor Eggebracht]

For instance, could anyone name a Gold card as strong as Tibor Eggebracht?basic high point, easy to achieve premise to boost(incredible 15 points by the way), almost the game winner of round 2 or 3.
not to mention that combo with resurrect?Come on... if there's gonna be a rank, not just for fun, really need to tweak lots of card ...

Top Bottom