The romance options for straight Female and Male V is disappointing [Mild spoilers]

+
I'm all for choices for others, but 15-20? Even 8-10? That's way too much. Quality over quantity, dude. BioWare through the whole trilogy of Mass Effect were introducing new love interests and most of them got a middle finger. One or two convos and that's it. Same would happen here if we had 8-10 love interests. Now, we don't have much content here either, but it's still better than what BioWare did. Again, if we had 8-10 LIs, we'd have with them a convo or two and that's it.

Not to mention how shitty it would be if everyone was bisexual... Nothing unique, personality of a character would be exactly the same regardless of V's gender, something I really hate in Dragon Age 2. Here characters react differently if you're a chick or a guy, something I truly appreciate.
But you can't even call it quality. Only one romance is tied to the story, another is basically a flirtatious fling and the other two are just there. Once more once you reach the romance point that's it, it stops there. It's as if they started on making it and then stopped a quarter of the way in. While a completely different level of game you look at a game like fallout 4 and they have almost every companion incorporated into the story, and even after hitting that finally romance level you still have the ability to continue with them on that level. Noting they don't care about sexuality. This is the case with 13 different characters, in a rush job of a game. Now come back to Cyberpunk, a game that has been in long development, delayed 9 months, and put a tone of energy and communication on the subject, to expect more than a single option romances isn't far fetched.

Maybe 15-20 might have been a stretch, but they didn't quality or quantity here.

But you can't even call it quality. Only one romance is tied to the story, another is basically a flirtatious fling and the other two are just there. Once more once you reach the romance point that's it, it stops there. It's as if they started on making it and then stopped a quarter of the way in. While a completely different level of game you look at a game like fallout 4 and they have almost every companion incorporated into the story, and even after hitting that finally romance level you still have the ability to continue with them on that level. Noting they don't care about sexuality. This is the case with 13 different characters, in a rush job of a game. Now come back to Cyberpunk, a game that has been in long development, delayed 9 months, and put a tone of energy and communication on the subject, to expect more than a single option romances isn't far fetched.

Maybe 15-20 might have been a stretch, but they didn't quality or quantity here.

Fallout 4 has one of the worst companions I've had in any rpgs. Ever. They're bland, lifeless and shallow. I didn't care for any of them. Their romances are also a massive joke. Two-three convos and suddenly they think you're the love of their life. There's no progression of the relationship. All you have to do is to either lockpick stuff until you have max points with them or just spam with using drugs, that's it. It's incredibly shallow.

Every single one of them acts exactly the same regardless of your gender. I didn't like that. I loved how Judy had different convos if V's a woman. I also liked how it was different with Panam. And River and with Kerry, too. I definitely prefer when a character has preferences, it adds quality, instead of lazy ass copy/paste for both genders.

So yeah, we don't have much here either, but I definitely prefer CP's quality.

Because some people want them to be ImMeRsIvE like in real life where they got their own preferences just like in DA:I. For me personally I'd make them all bi and let people have fun with their own story, but that's just me I guess.
Another approach could've been if they really would need fixed sexualities, that they've set sexualities, but based on the gender-choice of the players. So let's say you pick Female V, than Judy is for a fact Lesbian, and that only, and if you pick male V, than she is straight. The Difference between that and Bi would be, that lorewise they only swing the one way or another, but it's altered based on the player-choice. Bi however it would mean they open to both genders lorewise.

Anyway, i agree, i was one of the folks which was a bit butthurt over the fact that Judy only swings one way. Than however people calmed me down and pointed out there are "other fishes out the sea", and now when the Game was release... nope really. You have ONE option each orientation, and except Judy even they're kinda lackluster (from what i've read so far). Oh and yes you've a few other secondary romance... i don't forget that.

(By the way, were i the only one who was like "WTF" as he tripped into the Stout Scene? Not that i don't found it cool in the end, but i really didn't expected that(especially due i play streetkid and everyone was beforehand like she is corpo only), though the adress which she gave me should've already been a indicator).

@dieselmonster
All in all if it comes down to that, i actually found the've done a good job with the ones which i encounter (Stout and JoyToy), they could've been maybe a bit longer, but overall i found them pretty well edited. And if you go to the joytoy a few times she seems to have different ones(had to reload twice because first time crashed and the second time i did something wrong[i don't remember what it was exactly]). However if it comes down to romance in videogames it's not the important part for me, i enjoy them to spicey the relationship portrayed in videogames, also make them feel more adult, but in general for me it's important about the relationship itself plus how many options you have. Not that i prefer to have huge quantity over quality, but in case of CP2077 it really could've been a few more.

More sexual stuff! I think that there should be more joytoys in Night City who are opposite and get into more “fetishes,” not saying go crazy but just regular stuff that a fair amount of people are into. I also think that you should add relationships to the game. So you can go on dates with someone and hang out with them. You can also add a twist with that, though, but random scenarios like they have to move away or murdered or just die in natural causes.

There seems to be a very unified consensus on the endings being terrible and the romances not being any way near what we were expecting or lead to believe. Lacking in choices, interaction and longevity.

The 'perfect' DLC could address these quite simply by adding a few more characters to romance from those we've already met and also taking us beyond the ending we choose, giving the chance to actually build and enjoy the romances we chose. As it currently stands the romances are strangely very heart warming, but ultimately feel like any other step we take towards the ending, just with a 10 second, overly censored jiggy scene thrown in as a reward. After all the time you 'spend' with your character in their romance, I don't want a reward, I want meaningful.

V's life isn't the best, and it takes a nose dive pretty rapidly, we could at least let them have something to fight for in this remaining 6 months or so.

Need a damn petition straight to CDPR, "make V whole again" lol

Well... i was on one mission with Judy, she went to sleep, i decided to leave (Silverhand told me to!!)
After 10-20 hours (real hours) of gaming i wondered where is Judy, no new missions , she didnt pick up any calls, so i went back, and she still sleeps :D

I feel the same. As i started the game, I hoped for romance options just like in games like Dragon Age: 3 or 4 options of the main characters for every orientation, so you can choose the best option for your designed and imagined character. As my V is a straight female, she has to go with River and it just doesn't feel right. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy the questline, i like the character design of River, but he's just not my cup of tea for a love-story.
So my poor V has to stay solo and forever alone and it just doesn't feel right. Even as a supercool mercenary in a sexualised world like Night City you should be able to find someone to love, especially when there are sooo many individual and interesting designed characters in the questlines...

So in general, after the "Achievement" completing Judy/Panam/ and the rest romance-storylines , there is like no more options ? Can't hangout , go for drink or something ? Just repetable dialog options (same from first contact lol) ?

Gotta love how straights always talking only about themselves. You think romance options for gay people any better? It's worse! At least Panam is somewhat main character and has decent history while Kerry... well, just no. Basically, only lesbian romance option is decent enough, in my opinion. But wtf is with this title, like only straights got it bad.

Every romance option should've been bisexual, right now you gotta choose between having a romance with a character you don't like or not having a romance at all. What a stupid system is this?!

Gotta love how straights always talking only about themselves. You think romance options for gay people any better? It's worse! At least Panam is somewhat main character and has decent history while Kerry... well, just no. Basically, only lesbian romance option is decent enough, in my opinion. But wtf is with this title, like only straights got it bad.

Every romance option should've been bisexual, right now you gotta choose between having a romance with a character you don't like or not having a romance at all. What a stupid system is this?!
Feel that, anyone who doesn't conform to what CDPR had in mind is shafted. To be totally honest, I'm not sure how I feel about changing Panam and Judy's to bisexual, i really like Judy and it was the first romance option I thought of when playing. But I wouldn't change them to be available for all, however the only option for male V is Kerry, who is a disappointing bit part. So I feel for you there. There needs to be a broader range of romance characters and with much greater depth.

I think the title is a little misleading. It's not that only straight characters have it bad, it's that really all characters don't have ideal romances. But it just so happens that the strongest and most organic chemistry is in the straight romance of V and Panam, possibly why everyone is latching onto it. But even there, we've all been somewhat shafted lol.

Feel that, anyone who doesn't conform to what CDPR had in mind is shafted. To be totally honest, I'm not sure how I feel about changing Panam and Judy's to bisexual, i really like Judy and it was the first romance option I thought of when playing. But I wouldn't change them to be available for all, however the only option for male V is Kerry, who is a disappointing bit part. So I feel for you there. There needs to be a broader range of romance characters and with much greater depth.

I think the title is a little misleading. It's not that only straight characters have it bad, it's that really all characters don't have ideal romances. But it just so happens that the strongest and most organic chemistry is in the straight romance of V and Panam, possibly why everyone is latching onto it. But even there, we've all been somewhat shafted lol.

Judy was written as a lesbian. She keeps saying how she likes her girls and things like that. Changing her to bi would be a major dick move to all lesbians, just to pander to straights again.

I would love for Meredith to be a fully-fledged romance option. It could be an on-and-off thing, sometimes she would use you for biz, sometimes you get a glimpse at her deeper emotions behind the ice-cold Corpo facade. Show me how the cold-cruel reality of the corpo-lifestyle destroys whatever could be between V and Meredith. Drama baby!

After the finishing with panam I missed her so much waiting for Panam expansion dlc want it so much
Post automatically merged:

its so sad that we cant meet with panam after the ending.

Last edited:
After the finishing with panam I missed her so much waiting for Panam expansion dlc want it so much

its so sad that we cant meet with panam after the ending.
I'll jump in that boat with you, Celites. Panam, obviously stunning but overall and absolute triumph of a character, her look, her story, her personality and the acting, the genuine chemistry between her and V. Got to give it to CDPR, they produced something fantastic in that respect. As proven by the fact you start to miss Panam and that you can't contact her in any meaningful way.

Hope to god the DLC opens Panam and V back up so we can continue the story, if only for the short time V has left.

It's a video game. ALL romanceable characters should have been playersexual from the start.
Yeah I like Judy and she was my first thought in game, but I think personally they need to be left as they are. It's works with the characters as they are. I think the issue is they need to add more options for romance to give more variety for all sexualities. Instead of "you're a straight male or female here's Panam or River. If you're gay or lesbian, here's Kerry or Judy. Now, get lost"

Last edited:
Based on trailers, I expected in addition to existing romances to be able to romance T-Bug, Evelyn, Misty, possibly someone else.

Turns out an average Bioware game has more romances of better quality than cp77. Disappointing, underwhelming, unfinished.

"of better quality"

Yeah, no. This is the first game ever that has an actual, believable arc and not "we talked twice, let's bang lol" like in all BW games.

It's a video game. ALL romanceable characters should have been playersexual from the start.

So because it's a video game things can't be realistic? People were bitching that Dragon Age 2 made everyone bisexual, that there was no quality, everything was the same. I agreed on that. BioWare listened and in Inquisition made romances with perefences again and people started bitching again.

I swear, this one time straight guys don't get one love interest and suddenly the whole world is unfair to them. The amount of crying I saw because Judy is a lesbian was unbelievable. But no one ever cares for gays and lesbians and when this one time we have something for ourselves, this happens.

Lesbians at least, because gays still got a middle finger with Kerry from what I read. Instead of making everyone bisexual, they should just fix current love interests with more content and integrating them in the story, not just some side quests, like with Kerry for example. Right now Panam is the most important one.

Top Bottom