The so-called "meta decks" are overrated

+
I'm forced to agree with the several people who have pointed out that the Mystic Echo Harmony deck is virtually unstoppable. It's the only deck I just can't beat no matter what deck I'm using, and it's the only deck I now refuse to GG; at least I have around a 50% of victory against all of the various Nilfgaard decks, even Soldier Ball. If I only cared about victory and reaching Pro Rank, it's what I would be playing. Also, Igni and Yrden only really counter bad players; good players avoid lining up everything, even it makes Oak worse. Regardless, I'm not spending the scraps to craft tech legendaries that may no longer be playable next month.

I'm forced to agree with the several people who have pointed out that the Mystic Echo Harmony deck is virtually unstoppable. It's the only deck I just can't beat no matter what deck I'm using, and it's the only deck I now refuse to GG; at least I have around a 50% of victory against all of the various Nilfgaard decks, even Soldier Ball. If I only cared about victory and reaching Pro Rank, it's what I would be playing. Also, Igni and Yrden only really counter bad players; good players avoid lining up everything, even it makes Oak worse. Regardless, I'm not spending the scraps to craft tech legendaries that may no longer be playable next month.

I tend to agree with this. Igni isn't really a problem, as the deck allows you to adjust the value of one of the dryads, if your opponent hasn't already themselves, with cards like Minerx2, Barnabus, heck at a push you could even use Pavko, so really it is unlikely igni will take out more than one engine.a

Regardig Yrden, this is more dangerous, but I personally tend to spread my boost engines across both rows, also the flexibility of Great Oak allows you to go to face rather than boost yourself. Add in Malena where you can adjust the composition of your rows on the fly, and it's not a massive concern for me. But I can definitely see it being a game winner last card if things were tight.

Another example, this deck is so strong, I've survived a near total row wipe from Regis toward the end of R3 and still pulled out the win.

Though, I have noticed that this deck has the most problems with SK druids due to their Scenario abuse.

Regarding receiving GGs I get them nearly every game when trying out Harmony. I almost never got them when trying out Soldier's Ball (with good reason I might add, that deck is pure poison)

Last edited:
They are done by teams composed of several players, most if not all playing in pro rank. They dont have privileged data from CDPR but they have their own data, what they are using and what they're finding in opponents' decks.

The reports have their merits, but you wont be hearing praise from me, since its partially due to those reports that Gwent has such large problems with stale metas and netdecking, not to mention other flaws and issues of the actual reports.
This ^^. Pretty well sums it all up. Netdecking is a curse to all CCGs.
Post automatically merged:

Oh, and as to the original post, "Meta-decks" are overused, not overrated. If you use them, and you can pilot them, you'll get to rank 0 guaranteed, though whether you can get to top 500 is a different matter, and perhaps there's some merit changing one or two things around to surprise fellow pro-rank players.

Last edited:
Just to add to this, a couple of days ago (fed up with the ridiculous matchmaking algorithm) I tried out some of these tier 1 net-decks for the first time.

It has to be said, tier 1 Harmony is really hard to lose with. Of course I'm only playing around ranks 7 to 4, but I'm being conservative in saying it has a 80% win rate

Of course my opponents know what cards I have. But the deck is so strong, I can survive input errors on the i-pad, cards bricking R3, and some times just straight up wrong choices, and I'm never really punished by the opponent.

It's very difficult to draw a bad hand with that deck because of how much synergy there is amongst the different cards. Also because it doesn't run a scenario it means most opponents are trying to Mulligan away their bomb heaver or be stuck with a brick. Whereas with Harmony you're pretty much happy to draw any card, and make it work.

And as I mentioned it masks so many deficiencies in my poor play...

Congratulations on finding Harmony resilient to errors and random draws (paraphrasing your comment of difficulty to draw a bad hand). At higher ranks, and prorank the story is different. While the deck is quite consistent there due to the harmony tag, draws and tactical gameplan per round become essential to get the win.

I can see the appeal of using meta netdecks, but I'm not a fan of this meta. Mostly because I don't have anything to work against it right now. I can ST Dwarf Swarm against NG poison, but I can't play around SK Greatsword or ST Harmony, though I'm working on a deathwish deck to hopefully combat harmony through damage and seizing.

Top Bottom