Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, as a Yen man if we get more Triss content then sure whatever, I´m happy for you. But the whole Triss v Yen debacle has me worried that CDPR will choose to address this issue as opposed to way more important things like fleshing out the third act of the game or characterizing Eredin better.

Maybe those things never get addressed or maybe I´m worried over nothing. But I don´t really like how the demand for improvements to the conclusion of the narrative is considerably lower than the demand for some additional Triss fanservice. :/

I agree with you. If we improve the narrative, i'm sure both fans from Triss club and Yennefer club will get the benefits as well.
Don't give up man, still too early. Every voice and votes count ;)

Last edited:
I agree with you. If we improve the narrative, i'm sure both fans from Triss club and Yennefer club will get the benefits as well.
Don't give up man, still too early. Every voice and votes count ;)

The key word here is patient. CD Project Red improved in the past both Witcher 1 and 2 by adding new content (for Witcher 2 new quest in act 3). Wild Hunt is a huge game, we need to give developers some time. Maybe at the end of year 2015 we are going to see some improvements.

Last edited:
Choice 3 (Iorveth's Path): Did you save Triss at the Loc Muinne summit, or did you lift the spell that held Saskia?
Choice 3 (Roche's Path): Did you save Triss from her Nilfgaardian prison, or did you save Anaïs La Valette?

One query is saving Triss during Loc Muinne is one of the core import decisions picked for transfer. I've only played the rescue Triss import.. Does anyone know what the difference is between how the import is referenced ? Does it somehow relate political effect of the choice as right now i don't see the obvious reference.

Wright.
Doing second playthrough one with Iorveth side savings Triss and other savinh Saskia.
No difference so far.

Last edited:
"You can thank Yen, she asked me..."

I got this line on my first play through while romancing Triss BEFORE "Brother's in Arms". On my second play through I don't remember her saying it...

Even my Codex said that Yen asked Triss to help at KM.. I was infuriated my first play through and wished Triss wasn't even in it by that time... Second play through was 100% better. The level of the quests still bugs me though.. If you're suppose to wait until later in the game, why have it set to level 13? (Is that right?)

Look, as a Yen man if we get more Triss content then sure whatever, I´m happy for you. But the whole Triss v Yen debacle has me worried that CDPR will choose to address this issue as opposed to way more important things like fleshing out the third act of the game or characterizing Eredin better.

Maybe those things never get addressed or maybe I´m worried over nothing. But I don´t really like how the demand for improvements to the conclusion of the narrative is considerably lower than the demand for some additional Triss fanservice. :/

To one person it is Triss 'fanservice' to another it's integral to the completeness of the story. As simple as that. There isn't a right or wrong in this BUT...if one is easier to fix than the other, by all means fix it! If CDPR comes out and says its just too tied into the core of the game and one small change impacts a thousand other parts...as they have said about the politics and the post end game ending, then we have to accept that.

But, if this kind of thing CAN be fixed with little resource(money) expenditure, would you blame them OR the 'Triss Fanservice LLC" for it? In the end, we have to trust CDPR that they will do both the right thing AND what is best for the story/game's legacy.

If they decide to fix a few places of dialog here and there GREAT! If they can dive in and add stuff to flesh out the Wild Hunt better...even better! But, and I am speaking only for myself here, I don't need to understand more about the Wild Hunt...I followed what was going on pretty well. I DO have a problem with missing characters and dialog. THAT crushes the immersion of the story to me and is a real drag on the quality of the LAST story we'll ever get about Geralt!

Wright.
Doing second playthrough one with Iorveth side savings Triss and other savinh Saskia.
No difference so far.

Cheers, bizarre if that is the case as why have these set up import choices at all if there's no pay off. I get the letho one and the Sile one to some degree even if i found it poor.

I got this line on my first play through while romancing Triss BEFORE "Brother's in Arms". On my second play through I don't remember her saying it...

Even my Codex said that Yen asked Triss to help at KM.. I was infuriated my first play through and wished Triss wasn't even in it by that time... Second play through was 100% better. The level of the quests still bugs me though.. If you're suppose to wait until later in the game, why have it set to level 13? (Is that right?)

Yeah, I chose Yen the first trip through and I am pretty sure Triss delivered that like with some...pepper on those words. Like, "I would never have come otherwise!" I took it was good VA...she was still hurt/pissed at Geralt for choosing Yen.

I am playing through a second time, going to stop into Novigrad do the rats and then bolt for Skelliga knock out that line and return as I am approaching the 5 level over rule...hope I don't mess things up too much. After romancing Yen the first time, I really began to dig her by the time Geralt returns with Uma...but I don't think there was more than 3-5 scenes/quests with Yen the final 40-45% of the story! That was disappointing...but I am not prepared for the Last Wish scene... :(

Yeah, I chose Yen the first trip through and I am pretty sure Triss delivered that like with some...pepper on those words. Like, "I would never have come otherwise!" I took it was good VA...she was still hurt/pissed at Geralt for choosing Yen.

I am playing through a second time, going to stop into Novigrad do the rats and then bolt for Skelliga knock out that line and return as I am approaching the 5 level over rule...hope I don't mess things up too much. After romancing Yen the first time, I really began to dig her by the time Geralt returns with Uma...but I don't think there was more than 3-5 scenes/quests with Yen the final 40-45% of the story! That was disappointing...but I am not prepared for the Last Wish scene... :(

Something else to annoy me then. They didn't even bother to provide a different codex entry for Triss romancers yet those who romanced Yen get extra reactivity from Triss. I hate Kaer Morhen section with even more passion now if that's possible.

Cheers, bizarre if that is the case as why have these set up import choices at all if there's no pay off. I get the letho one and the Sile one to some degree even if i found it poor.

I believe that's one of the bigger complaints voiced here around the forum, that whatever the player decided in Witcher 2 didn't make a significant impact in Witcher 3. Not even the biggest choice which is the Iorveth/Roche path decision matters much beside a single different line when visiting Roche's hideout.

Whether Geralt chose to save Triss or not, the witch hunt will still take place. Her appeal to the council in Loc Muinne that happened if Geralt saved her didn't change anything in the end. I also find how Triss barely mentioned anything in reference to what happened/what she and Geralt did together in the past 2 games beside how they broke up as a bit disappointing.

Wot
Her model is much better than the one in the Witcher 2 and her voice actor is the same and she has improved over the years.

vs

The devs, used some model for triss? (like mass effect to be clear)

What most people here are recognizing is that the late-game characters just feel incomplete. They did a good job with Ciri, but even Yen seems lacking in Act 3. Triss has the most noticeable lack of character, but on my Yen playthrough I felt like Yen was much less interesting in Act 3 than in the earlier game. To my mind, the problem is that you have all these strong personalities stuck together on the same boat, and they don't do anything! A ship with Philippa, Yen, and Triss on it should not be a calm place!

I believe that's one of the bigger complaints voiced here around the forum, that whatever the player decided in Witcher 2 didn't make a significant impact in Witcher 3. Not even the biggest choice which is the Iorveth/Roche path decision matters much beside a single different line when visiting Roche's hideout.

Whether Geralt chose to save Triss or not, the witch hunt will still take place. Her appeal to the council in Loc Muinne that happened if Geralt saved her didn't change anything in the end. I also find how Triss barely mentioned anything in reference to what happened/what she and Geralt did together in the past 2 games beside how they broke up as a bit disappointing.

The Iorveth may be down to him getting cut if that rumour is true. It just surprises and disappoints me that the Triss choice is something that is picked as a key import choice to be referenced by the game and i just don't see the reference vis-a-vis (Triss/Saskia/Anais) in the game. Not even a disparaging line in Vizima about Geralt slaughtering hordes of Nilfgaardians to rescue Triss.

The Iorveth may be down to him getting cut if that rumour is true. It just surprises and disappoints me that the Triss choice is something that is picked as a key import choice to be referenced by the game and i just don't see the reference vis-a-vis (Triss/Saskia/Anais) in the game. Not even a disparaging line in Vizima about Geralt slaughtering hordes of Nilfgaardians to rescue Triss.

In my opinion the choice that feels like it is reflected relatively well is Letho since letting him live means there are more quests that explore his character and he also joins the battle of KM. Other that that, meh.

Yeah, Emhyr or Voorhis or anyone on Vizima should have said something about that since Geralt basically slaughtered a whole unit, an ambassador and another high officer (the one who shot Shillard, forgot his name) for saving Triss. Even a line or two should be enough. Sadly, we got nothing.

It's not wrong to want more Triss. More Triss, More Triss, More Triss.

Seriously tho, what items can I take to Triss to trigger small side quest and get some reaction out of her in Novagrad?

CDPR you really hurt me by limiting interaction with my favorite chick in the witcher.

It's not wrong to want more Triss. More Triss, More Triss, More Triss.

Seriously tho, what items can I take to Triss to trigger small side quest and get some reaction out of her in Novagrad?

CDPR you really hurt me by limiting interaction with my favorite chick in the witcher.

I'm in process of collecting 2 statuettes and crystal in my 2nd playthrough so i can get those 3 little extra moments with Triss during act 1.

The thirst is real lol.

If you missed the statuettes and obtained them after finishing Now or Never, you can still get Triss to inspect them when she's in Novigrad for the final preparations later. I almost got a heart attack when I found the second statuette after Now or Never and Geralt commented that it's a shame he can't show it to Triss. I missed the earrings though, didn't even occur to me that the bed wreckage was actually there and that Geralt can interact with it.

The thirst is real lol.

If you missed the statuettes and obtained them after finishing Now or Never, you can still get Triss to inspect them when she's in Novigrad for the final preparations later. I almost got a heart attack when I found the second statuette after Now or Never and Geralt commented that it's a shame he can't show it to Triss. I missed the earrings though, didn't even occur to me that the bed wreckage was actually there and that Geralt can interact with it.

I only caught the earrings because the guide i'd purchased arrived when i was playing Kaer Morhen.

The thirst is real lol.

What? There are some stuff to do with triss hidden?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom