Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if those lines are from incoming Oxenfurt dlc? It makes sense. A Little bit. You know. War, clinics, Shani(?), mysterious Man of Glass (somehow related to King of Beggars?) Hope for more Triss. Not just 2 seconds appearance to start up the DLC plot.

Others mentioned that dlc in some other thread, and they claimed the man of glass is that man you meet in the White Orchard tavern (apparently he claims that some call him the man of glass) who also talks about Yen, maybe this time he will mention Triss or Geralt will mention it to him.

I really dont think Triss will have any major roles in either of the two expansion packs they have planned simply because I dont think Triss was a big part of the story / plan from day 1. We may see more Yennefer as it seems to me that CDPR was focused on her from the beginning.

:

I haven't given up hope that she will get content in one of the upcoming 2 expansions. Expansions will have been decided much later, so i see chances of them being able to react to feedback as much more likely.

Others mentioned that dlc in some other thread, and they claimed the man of glass is that man you meet in the White Orchard tavern (apparently he claims that some call him the man of glass) who also talks about Yen, maybe this time he will mention Triss or Geralt will mention it to him.

Oh yeah, i remember him. He is a very shady person. Hope he will not gab about Yenn all the time. Or at least devs will make some variations in dialogs.

How ironic. It feels like the developers just Triss discriminate. Our beloved Triss! Sad.

Attachments

• Безымянный.png
    Безымянный.png
    105.8 KB · Views: 43
Oh yeah, i remember him. He is a very shady person. Hope he will not gab about Yenn all the time. Or at least devs will make some variations in dialogs.

You brought up an interesting point - the variation in dialogues is one of the problems i had in this game and in regards to discussing Yen/Triss. There were always some things that we couldn't change especially in relation to the 'romance', for example talking to Lambert and Eskel and telling them you and Yen are no longer together, "do you want to talk about it" they say, now before we can do anything Geralt with a "no".

- in that same discussion, Lambert says "how is Triss", the options are "f*** off", "I thought we were talking about UMA" and finally "Triss is managing" - there isn't much variation for the people who had Geralt romanced her, in fact they all are similar just a change in tone

- Yen gets angry at Geralt for sleeping with Triss, the three options there are hardly varied, it is just either say the same excuse that you used early on in the game, apologise or try to get out of the conversation, either way it isn't exactly giving the player that much freedom

- oh and of course when you break up with Yen, Geralt says something no man should say after a long term relationship "Sorry Yen, magic's gone", yep nothing we can do about that

That is the problem in that you make some big choices which alter the story but sometimes it is those smaller conversations that don't have much bearing and sometimes some conversations felt too linear (meaning the outcome or the reply would be almost the same), sometimes the smallest dialogue options can add to the immersion, if Geralt told Lambert and Eskel that he was back with Triss, the camera could of turned to Yen with a sad look and that would of felt more realistic and natural for the conversation. Of course that was mainly Kaer Morhen i was referring to and this is just my opinion, but i honestly felt that more effort could of been put into those conversations. It isn't that i have a problem with other things like Priscilla singing about Yen, that was awesome and beautiful and was before Geralt declares his love for Triss, it was just certain scenarios that needed more variation. Hopefully the dlc/expansion plays a better role in acknowledging the choice of Triss.

---------- Updated at 10:12 AM ----------

How ironic. It feels like the developers just Triss discriminate. Our beloved Triss! Sad.

I have been going on the playstation store almost every few hours to see if the dlc is there, why is it that the dlc for Triss gets delayed and the other dlc is on time. Probably just me overreacting but that is just bad luck :(

It's not about Triss really, it's about stupid ps4 updating system. Even the patches have some delays. You can relax.

I understood. Just goes funny that lingers only for DLC Triss. I am in any case not angry at the СDPR, because I understand that they have their own worries and problems. Just a lot of fun.

---------- обновленный 10:21 ----------

Why they delayed only DLC for Triss?!

If i knew.

I understood. Just goes funny that lingers only for DLC Triss. I am in any case not angry at the СDPR, because I understand that they have their own worries and problems. Just a lot of fun.

Yeah it is a bit funny, i am not too angry since the dlc isn't all that great and i can wait. I could only imagine if they really wanted to mess with our heads, they would create an alternate look for Yen, Ciri and Priscilla instead of Triss, imagine the reaction :)

That is the problem in that you make some big choices which alter the story but sometimes it is those smaller conversations that don't have much bearing and sometimes some conversations felt too linear

My favorite choice without really choosing is when Triss gets angry at Geralt for his little adventure with Imlerith there is a three options. None of them do a damn shit. Geralt kissed her in a forehead and she made bitter-sweet face. Thats it. C'mon dawg give her a proper kiss, you're ass. And this decision was on timer.

My favorite choice without really choosing is when Triss gets angry at Geralt for his little adventure with Imlerith there is a three options. None of them do a damn shit. Geralt kissed her in a forehead and she made bitter-sweet face. Thats it. C'mon dawg give her a proper kiss, you're ass. And this decision was on timer.

Hehe i forgot about the one, and yeah give us a timer for a choice that has the exact same outcome! seriously!

She is easy to provoke because you said you didn't love her any more. This scene can happen before you even choose Triss so it really has nothing to do with romancing Triss at all. Which is a bummer. If this scene was unique to the Triss romance then it would be a great way to acknowledge your choice.

Fair enough but this scene works for both situations well so to me that doesn't matter.

Fair enough but this scene works for both situations well so to me that doesn't matter.

Yeah I agree, all I meant was that she wasn't upset that you were romancing Triss, she was upset because you broke up with her. (Although in a very heartless way) And I think that the scene would have been a great scene specific to the Triss romance so you finally got some sort of confrontation..

I'm not a big fan of the Triss DLC either. It's beautiful, but doesn't really fit anywhere outside of the ball. Hopefully Ciri's alternate look is more practical! I'm going to look into modding a 'book Triss' look once the kit comes out. You know: long, loose, chestnut hair, blue eyes, higher neckline etc.

they would create an alternate look for Yen, Ciri and Priscilla instead of Triss, imagine the reaction

They never made it. From my perspective this thing they call an alternative look for Triss has no connections with her. And it's nothing more than a recycled model.

I don't think the kiss makes any sense in a scenario where Geralt has dumped Yen. I might be able to tolerate that lazy garbage if there had dialogue fallout of it between Yen, Triss and Geralt. As it is if you romance Triss you get Yen forcing her tongue down Geralt's throat in public, little reaction from Triss, no public addressing of the fact Geralt is with Triss. It's just a mess which i hope CD Red will fix or at the very least a modder will remove that kiss.

Yen acted extremely emotional in that situation because from my point of view she was obviously extremely happy Geralt brought Ciri back after such a long time. One of few situations where she let go of her feelings. From that perspective it's not necessarily a situation where you think about all the shit that happened. Kissing the one you have been together with for a long time isn't such an unlikely impuls in a happy moment like this, though for some players that might be hard to grasp I guess.

For me the reaction of Triss was clear enough to create awkward tension in this situation though. But sure CDPR could have made more of it, no doubt.

@Bodanki

No feeding the trollollos... ;)

---------- Updated at 06:35 AM ----------

Yeah I agree, all I meant was that she wasn't upset that you were romancing Triss, she was upset because you broke up with her. (Although in a very heartless way) And I think that the scene would have been a great scene specific to the Triss romance so you finally got some sort of confrontation..

You know, that makes me wonder more about the EARLY 'choice' CDPR had in development...

Wonder if the choice was: To Yen or NOT to Yen? That was the only choice at one point? That scene not having any thought or repercussions for a Triss option...and that, as pointed out SEVERAL times in this thread, shows IMO definitively that the Triss romance option was put in LATE in the cycle.

But, that fact should also give us hope too!

The fact that they 'came to their senses' at all in development and ADDED Triss should be a sign that they listened to the audience, at least some! Someone(a Yen fanatic most likely on staff) probably screamed and went on record saying: "its too late...it will break the storyline/quest-chain!!! Its too late to VO all the things you are wanting to add!!!" I personally can hear it being said...cause I've seen it played out on my PC screen!!!

It seems they came to their collective senses once, albeit a tad bit late, but they did. I have a feeling they want to fix these inconsistencies...eventually a reviewer will play the game long enough(or read one of my emails :) ) and they will write about it! I don't think CDPR wants to leave TW3 in the janked up current state. Just doesn't seem 'right' for the FINAL story to have this many holes.

She is easy to provoke because you said you didn't love her any more. This scene can happen before you even choose Triss so it really has nothing to do with romancing Triss at all. Which is a bummer. If this scene was unique to the Triss romance then it would be a great way to acknowledge your choice.

Yep its intensely frustrating that they crafted this unique scene for people who dumped Yen and yet not even one of the three dialogue choices allows for a defence of the Triss relationship.

---------- Updated at 11:53 AM ----------

Yen acted extremely emotional in that situation because from my point of view she was obviously extremely happy Geralt brought Ciri back after such a long time. One of few situations where she let go of her feelings. From that perspective it's not necessarily a situation where you think about all the shit that happened. Kissing the one you have been together with for a long time isn't such an unlikely impuls in a happy moment like this, though for some players that might be hard to grasp I guess.

For me the reaction of Triss was clear enough to create awkward tension in this situation though. But sure CDPR could have made more of it, no doubt.

I personally think trying to extract Geralt's tonsels is a highly unlikely impulse, not matter their history. Triss and Geralt's virtually non existent reactions even more unlikely. No followup sequence simply inexcusable. The nonsense could have been avoided with a simple hug.

Hello Everyone
To all those who are talking Yen/Triss here
You talk about Yen as the *True Love*
There relation in the books and everywhere is described as toxic and they were on/off all the time all because of the wish
So is that 'True Love'
Not really Sure
As for Triss
She wasn't there in the game
You have like 10 minutes of content with her and that's it
She doesn't talk at kaer morhen
She doesn't talk in Skelige
She doesn't talk beyond blindly obvious quest in Novigrad and that wasn't that much anyway
She Was demoted to under supporting role
I don't mind the amount of Yen content since yeah they had a lot of history and all of that but it shouldn't be done on the expense of someone else who we are as fans like very much
CDPR you did a great job with the game but removing content that was shown even in some of your trailers just to try to go back completely to the books in my opinion was a big mistake
You created a great universe in what is after the books and you gave us a lot of choices all the way
Now in the end you ruined the Romance
Geralt isn't the same one in the books he changed with the events that happened and we as players should be able to express that
But you made Triss an after thought in the game
You should stay true to your original vision and don't get dragged in other people's vision
I am sorry for the long post but I really do feel robed of Triss content that I know should have been there and I think you planned for it to be there and then removed it for whatever reason
Thank you very much for the game and I do hope that you try to fix that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom