Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@GingerEffect: makes perfect sense & is one of the main reason why people are so passionate of the work you guys have put into these games, characters and stories. Good luck with your work guys! We eagerly await to see what you've cooked up ! One more thing (off-topic for this thread but still relevant to the game though): have CDPR discussed / considered doing something about the Wild Hunt please? ..the game needs more Wild Hunt..

I hope at some point it will be possible to create a mod encounter random Wild Hunt specters while Fast Travel or any other circumstance.

Last edited:
Since Marcin has updated you a little, I'd like to add a bit to that, since apparently some people seem to believe this particular issue is getting preferential treatment.

Here is the thing. The major thing. I know it's gonna be a shock to some but...we are not perfect. (LEGASP!!!!!)

The biggest issue that we as a team identified with the Triss situation is that the current implementation does not really represent the very core design philosophy we hold dear. Namely, that your choices carry consequences and those consequences WILL present themselves to you.

As it has been stated in the opening thread, the consequences of choosing Triss are not adequately represented. This was something that was brought to our attention by this thread. We went back and looked at it again and realized that yes, this is indeed an inconsistency and one that deserves our attention. So we sat down, took our notes from your suggestions and checked what is viable to do. The result of that is what you will eventually see.

To the people who are somehow annoyed that we will correct the inconsistent consequences that are currently present in the Triss romance I say this: Please understand that this is not a case of us changing something simply because fans want it. This is because fans alerted us to something which we, internally, discussed (hence the long silence in between replies) and eventually agreed that it did not fit our core philosophy of including consequences to the choices the player can make.

In any case, I hope this clears things up a bit and puts a rest to the infighting about which issue deserves what kind of attention.

Now, off to work!
:scooter:

Oh yeah! I'm joining Triss team and i see that! Very Cool Thanks for listening guys! Triss really ned more content.

Yeah :victory:, soon Geralt will finally have his happily ever after :lol:

It took me all day but I caught up with the thread.

I never expected to see so much developer involvement in the thread over the last few days. I'm sure anything they see fit to alter in the Triss romance will be incredibly rewarding, mostly because I never really expected anything to change. Credit to CDPR they saw an issue, raised by the fans and decided to address it. I don't know if that speaks more highly of CDPR and their business practises or the poor stands that have become the norm from other AAA game developers, probably both. Anyway thanks to those who have participated in the thread over the last 900 pages, you all deserve a better Triss romance.

Since Marcin has updated you a little, I'd like to add a bit to that, since apparently some people seem to believe this particular issue is getting preferential treatment.

Here is the thing. The major thing. I know it's gonna be a shock to some but...we are not perfect. (LEGASP!!!!!)

The biggest issue that we as a team identified with the Triss situation is that the current implementation does not really represent the very core design philosophy we hold dear. Namely, that your choices carry consequences and those consequences WILL present themselves to you.

As it has been stated in the opening thread, the consequences of choosing Triss are not adequately represented. This was something that was brought to our attention by this thread. We went back and looked at it again and realized that yes, this is indeed an inconsistency and one that deserves our attention. So we sat down, took our notes from your suggestions and checked what is viable to do. The result of that is what you will eventually see.

To the people who are somehow annoyed that we will correct the inconsistent consequences that are currently present in the Triss romance I say this: Please understand that this is not a case of us changing something simply because fans want it. This is because fans alerted us to something which we, internally, discussed (hence the long silence in between replies) and eventually agreed that it did not fit our core philosophy of including consequences to the choices the player can make.

In any case, I hope this clears things up a bit and puts a rest to the infighting about which issue deserves what kind of attention.

Now, off to work!
:scooter:

today...is a good day

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    52.7 KB · Views: 28
OMG:....is it true? CDPR will improve Triss dialogue and romance to be more coherent?

I wish you could see my face guys.....i'm literally giggling of happiness like a little baby!!

Thank you CDPR!!!

I'm really glad for all the Triss fans out there and I think for myself that the Triss content was inconsistent and therefore worth to be tackled. It's good that you want to improve the game and listen to the fans and their feedback instead of sitting in an ivory tower. In the end all us players and fans can only benefit.

But what I'd like to bring to your attention is that the whole final act of the main game doesn't fit to your alleged core philosophy, to your alleged focus on meaningful choices and consequences and to the mantra of the lesser evil. Actually the narrative design of the whole final act is a bland violation of your core philosophy. The Triss content is just a drop in the bucket here.

Last edited:
Why do some people have stars next to their names

aaaand

What will I do when this thread is over - its become habit to come on here everdya and chat to you guys - is there a team triss group??

Well this message has been answered thanks guys lol

Last edited:
What will I do when this thread is over - its become habit to come on here everdya and chat to you guys - is there a team triss group??

I could imagine someone starting a Triss thread in general where everyone can talk about all things Triss - including fan art, fanfiction, videos and so on (and it would all be on-topic). This thread is an amazing thread that has stayed strong since it was created, and i have loved talking on this thread and playing the game at the same time.

Last edited:
The normal fan thread is a super cool idea! Let's keep this though till the Triss-fix is officially released. :)

I know that i suppose to be happy but honestly i have no idea how, by the words of Marcin, "small additions and tweaks in character dialogues" would help the broken immersion. I thought we fighting for new content like extra scenes with Triss (blooming rose, "Well" bug, new dialogues, unreal Kovir DLC). Yeah, stop hearing about Yen from Cerys would be cool but this is what we fighting for? Really?

I know that i suppose to be happy but honestly i have no idea how, by the words of Marcin, "small additions and tweaks in character dialogues" would help the broken immersion. I thought we fighting for new content like extra scenes with Triss (blooming rose, "Well" bug, new dialogues, unreal Kovir DLC). Yeah, stop hearing about Yen from Cerys would be cool but this is what we fighting for? Really?

I guess you can't add a new dialogue without a new scene. Besides, devs said they've checked our suggestions.

I think we need to see first what these additions are,before we'll start complaing again.In any case it's better than nothing.

Yup let's see how things develop then we can discuss. It's way too early to be disappointed. :) Let's wait and see.

The "consequences of choosing Triss" sounds more like, "Warning: If you choose her, no Yennefer romance for you" than "More Triss romance."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom