Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As the game has been out for a couple of weeks, i see that more people are signing up to these forums to join in the discussion which is awesome!
Also, if there's any TW1 fans left here, why aren't more people talking about Shani? She was one of Geralt's closest friends and a romance option in the first game, and there's only one line about her in both TW2 and TW3, CDP is cruel lol. Maybe we can have more Triss and Shani to in some expanded ending?

It is possible that Shani might appear in the second expansion pack since it talks about dearly missed characters (but it is just a guess). I know a lot of Shani fans were disappointed that she wasn't around after the first game.

The game needs more Triss and Yen.

More of both really.
More quests. More dialogue. Maybe a better ending and post-ending things. Not to take out the characters from the game world. More interaction between one another and Geralt and Ciri.

It really would benefit from that.

It might also enjoy more Fringilla, but we gotta start with these 2.

^^THIS^^! More quests, More dialogue and a BETTER, rounded ENDING providing proper closure not some dirt slides.

How do you think they will add the content? With an update or something along those lines?

They may include a small side quest with some dialogue that is part of a dlc (which contains it's own story), sort of like a smaller version of what we experienced in the main game (new storyline with an options to further the romance), or they may release an enhanced edition next year will may add new content. Too early at this stage to say.

Let's keep this thread where it belongs, discussing in the general spirit of @shaedhen 's original post. The bulk of it's value is in the constructive suggestions contained within; more are welcome, and of course, discussing and re-formulating previous ideas into better ones is also desirable.

I actually don't think his post was too terribly off-topic. He was voicing his concern that maybe there is enough Triss and why some others might feel this is the case. He gave a couple of reasons. While I personally don't agree with what said reasoning, I respect that he did it in a manner that was not inflammatory or rude. I voiced my disagreement and found myself drifting back to the topic at hand.

And, as has been said far too many times, no one is losing anything. For all you know, they will add even more content. Or not. It's their choice alone.

The developers will, in due time, at their discretion, interpret our findings and suggestions, as they see fit.

Trust + Patience

I do agree with this though. We must have patience and we have to trust them. Ultimately anything they decide to do is their decision. We also must be respectful if they choose not to hear us out. Hopefully that won't happen but I am prepared for it. :X

---------- Updated at 07:46 AM ----------

It is possible that Shani might appear in the second expansion pack since it talks about dearly missed characters (but it is just a guess). I know a lot of Shani fans were disappointed that she wasn't around after the first game.

She was based heavily around Oxenfurt wasn't she? It's been a while since I've played W1 so my memory is fuzzy. The first expansion takes place mainly in Oxenfurt so I imagine, if she is to make an appearance, it would be here. Wonder if there is any way to influence a relationship with her. I picked Triss anyways and Shani wasn't too happy about that. Either way, it appears that when they part, it isn't on the best of terms, regardless of your choice. Which wouldn't effect me anyways - Ms. Merigold is the only one for me. :heart: :p :heart:

If they were to bring back a "dearly missed" character in the second DLC, I imagine this would be the best time to bring Iorveth back. If he was in Velen or Novigrad, you likely would have heard about the trouble he was stirring up. Perhaps he is there giving the emperor some headaches as he doesn't want to be ruled under the black sun. Not that he would roll over and be complacent, as I know him.

He was in a Scoia'tael commando unit that butted heads with Nilfgaard on several occasions so he possibly has an old grudge against Nilfgaard.

Last edited:
I would almost make the argument that Yennifer is pretty much all fan service, catering to the minority of the players who have read the book, and that is not a bad thing. I don't like the whole Yen vs Triss thing that seems to be going around, although I personally can't stand the former. No one wants Yen content to suffer, or Triss content to take over, just balance. And I think CDPR unintentionally alienated a lot of players when they "forced" Yen on us, without really giving us opportunities to reject her. I was really annoyed when Geralt went into super flirt mode with Yen and leaving the player helpless and powerless. Yen very much feels like the canon choice for the game, so much so that even if you don't want to romance anyone, the game still treats you as Yen's puppy.

You make the argument that the game should not become unbalanced, but I would argue it already is in Yen's favor. And no one wants to change the game in a way were Triss takes over for Yen, but that is sort of where the game is now, just reversed. Yen is vital to the plot with Ciri, yes, I certainly don't want to take that away. As for the 50 people who want the game to remain the same, I see no reason why they should be afraid of change. If change was implemented it would only be accessible if the player pursues it. Its like side-quest, you don't want them, don't do them.

I was going to answer the same thing, the game is already heavily unbalanced. And while I understand completely that the authors can steer the story in any way they see fit, it is also a product that they are trying to sell us and we, the customers, have a right to voice an opinion on whether we like it or not. You can never ever please anyone, yet it is a healthy policy to try to please the most.

Nobody really plays the Witcher 3 as a dating simulator or to watch sex scenes. There are far expeditious ways of obtaining either.

I would say the lure of the game, at least for me, is half about the gameplay and half about the story. Regarding the story, there are certainly elements that stand above the rest, chief among them it's the bond we as players create with the characters we meet and the the emotional pay off we obtain as we get more interactions with them. Whether they intended it or not, they have created an amazing character named Triss, they have made her character far more likeable than, from what I understand, its book counterpart.

So they have made it so we bond with her, and yet the emotional pay off never happens or it is minimal. It doesn't meet our expectations and we are left with an unpleasant feeling, that something that should happen never does.

I did find it. Had to watch a few different clips to ensure that playthrough was a Triss one. It goes as such:

P "If I know you even one bit, I expect that once we've defeated the Wild Hunt, you aim to slip out the backdoor with Ciri... To disappear into the wilds, correct? All very romantic but perhaps instead of destroying the girl's life, you could take Yennefer with you. And go"
G "Triss might object."
P "Ah, yes. So give Yennefer some friendly advice, would you? She'll listen to you."
G "Any other words of wisdom? Or can we go?"

Not really anything and Geralt doesn't acknowledge the relationship between himself and Triss or himself and Yennefer. Standoffish reply to an otherwise legitimate concern.

Seems like acknowledgement of the relationship. Otherwise why would Geralt be mentioning Triss at all.

---------- Updated at 07:54 AM ----------

I disagree. She talks about things that are mostly hinted at and gives an outsider's perspective on the dynamic as a whole. While I agree it could've been more insightful, I don't think that would've been realistic. If I were Geralt, I wouldn't be very enthusiastic about a heart to heart with Phillipa - I don't trust her AT ALL.
The more insightful comments/conversations should've come from the friends I mentioned in my last post.

100% agree that we're missing conversations with friends.

Seems like acknowledgement of the relationship. Otherwise why would Geralt be mentioning Triss at all.

Maybe acknowledgement is the wrong word. He doesn't validate it though. Doesn't say anything other than that there is a relationship. Which we already knew since we are the ones that pursued her. :dry: Just saying, he could have easily said something. As was pointed out though, he likely wouldn't tell Phillipa anything anyways. Was this ever truly an opportunity for insight into the relationship? I think not. The insight should have come from everyone else. Geralt and Ciri especially as they both have unique insights. Geralt because, well, because it's his relationship. Ciri because she is invested in his relationship going one way or another and she has had extensive experience with both of them.

---------- Updated at 08:15 AM ----------

1 more vote and we will have 400 in our favor. :D

I keep missing out on the milestone posts (500, 1000, 1500, 2000). :dry: Today I got the 2002nd post - missed it by like a minute. :dry:
Considering how fast this thread is moving, you will get plenty more opportunities in the next few days :), although you only missed on by 2 posts, that is not bad.

i sincerely wouldnt be surprised if cdpr already saw this thread and was already thinking on doing something, they never reveal their plans afterall :p

Ginger effect is watchin

Why did the spoiler quote make me think of generation kill?

the setup was amazing the stiffness towards each other meeting again, the chat in the warehouse, vegelbuds manor was amazingly romantic, how could you not kiss her.. then afterwords i kinda felt like they pushed her of the top of the lighthouse and said here's YEN!!

Last edited:
Just enough time for me to sleep and what do I see? More than 10 new pages and has reached the 400 votes for Triss! We must celebrate! Who brings the champagne?

:wine::cheers2: :band: :cheers2: :wine:

Is there any project going on from the fans, like the letter or pettition being sent to CDPR regarding Triss content? Or this is just a thread that we hope devs will read?

Hi guys. First of all - I am not very active in discussions on the forum but I had to comment here. I really appreciate al the work put into this thread. I share you dissapointment with lack of Triss interaction after the Novigrad as was mentioned it the thread, so I will not repeat all that had already been said. The least i can do is show my support for all your effort. Keep it up guys. Don´t give up of hope and have faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom