Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But then most of the player(who dont know the books) would instantly jump on Triss. Just because they dont know Yen. That would kill the whole Yeneffer stuff right away. And then, we would have a "No Yeneffer content! Give us more Yeneffer!"

No on is against having more Yen and Triss but the game is not the book. The game should have been evenly distributed allowing the gamer to decide. Our biggest issue is that the game is skewed toward Yen. If you go with Yen everyone is ok with that decision. If you go with Triss no one acknowledge your decision/choice or your relationship. Not even Yen. It's disturbing.

Except for when he was about to give up being a Witcher in the books and then gets stabbed by a pitchfork.
Settling down is totally in character for him. Technically he isn't retiring completely either, as the ending has him taking the occasional Witcher contract. Seems to me that is more like Geralt than the Yennefer ending.

It's not the retiring part that I found out of character, it's him leaving the Northen Realms to live in a land far away (Kovir) that rubbed me the wrong way. He's basically leaving behind all of his friends, including Ciri (!) to live in a land far away that is strange to him, a land he has no connections or ties with, just because Triss wanted it. I don't think Geralt would ever do that, but that's just my opinion, clearly CDPR disagrees with me else they wouldn't have put that ending in the game.

And bioware have the same problem. What you choose in Mass Effect 1 and 2....doesn't affect Mass Effect 3 at all. It's the same for Dragon Age franchise.
I don't agree with you. When I played ME3 I had whole time (don't count this stupid Endings) feeling that my previous choices from ME1,ME2 changed a lot in game. But this is offtopic ;)

It's not the retiring part that I found out of character, it's him leaving the Northen Realms to live in a land far away (Kovir) that rubbed me the wrong way. He's basically leaving behind all of his friends, including Ciri (!) to live in a land far away that is strange to him, a land he has no connections or ties with, just because Triss wanted it. I don't think Geralt would ever do that, but that's just my opinion, clearly CDPR disagrees with me else they wouldn't have put that ending in the game.

That is actually very true.

@levlev89 i like triss alot and i havnt read the books and i think that this game around yen is just fine to give you an approximated idea of her, what we're been discussing is not that shes the main role but that triss doesnt have a part :p
even if i havnt read the books i wouldnt go for triss straight away, shes cuter etc but yennefer has a strong character and shes intriguing and keeps alot of secrets which i kind of like for a character in a game :p

They're only a teleport away.
Although, he might not like that so much....

About Ciri, I think Geralt has enough confidence in her to let her do the as she wishes.

Last edited:
No on is against having more Yen and Triss but the game is not the book. The game should have been evenly distributed allowing the gamer to decide. Our biggest issue is that the game is skewed toward Yen. If you go with Yen everyone is ok with that decision. If you go with Triss no one acknowledge your decision/choice or your relationship. Not even Yen. It's disturbing.

The game isn't skewed towards Yen. It is in fact quite the opposite. Everyone keeps meddling with Geralt's personal life, telling him how bad Yen is and how good Triss would be for him. As a Yen-romancer, it's quite fucking annoying. I want to tell all those NPCs to fuck off and mind their own business.

I know how CDPR handled the Yen romance makes sense and also happened in the books, but I do think CDPR went a bit overboard with the amount of Yen-bashing by the other characters in TW3.

Another reason I don't believe the game is skewed to Yen is the fact that the amount of romance content is near equal between Yen and Triss. The only reason we see Yennefer more often than Triss is because she's more important to the plot of TW3 and she plays a more central role in the game. But if you purely look at romance content alone, Triss and Yen are pretty equal.

Sure, Yen got 1 extra sex scene, big whoop, Triss already had a way longer and more detailed sex scene in TW2 so I'd say things are pretty equal in that regard as well.

@levlev89 i like triss alot and i havnt read the books and i think that this game around yen is just fine to give you an approximated idea of her, what we're been discussing is not that shes the main role but that triss doesnt have a part :p
even if i havnt read the books i wouldnt go for triss straight away, shes cuter etc but yennefer has a strong character and shes intriguing and keeps alot of secrets which i kind of like for a character in a game :p

Yeah i know^^ and it pissed me off like you guys. But i think it was still the better idea to start as a single. If Geralt was still with Triss at the beginning, most of the player wouldnt waste a single minute on Yeneffer. Me included btw. I wouldnt mind this character at all. It would be rlly rlly hard to implement Yeneffer if Geralt was still into our Redhead. But this is only my opinion.

Last edited:

This, the game needed balance to both of the romance options, if you choose Yen then NPC's should acknowledge that, and the same for Triss, however it was the Triss option that barely got any mentions. It shouldn't be like that at all.

They're only a teleport away.
Although, he might not like that so much....

I'm not sure how teleportation exactly works in the Witcherverse, but I'm sure it's not that simple. Basically the longer the distance for the teleport, the less accurate the teleportation becomes. If teleportation was that simple, why didn't Triss just teleport all the mages to Kovir? Why going through the effort to make an escape plan and escape by boat if she could just teleport to Kovir?

The answer is simple: I don't think she can just teleport people over such a long distance that easily. I mean we've already seen teleportation go wrong during the Keira Metz quest, and that was just her trying to teleport Geralt across the room!

But i think it was still the better idea to start as a single

I think the whole starting off single idea was just to give a blank slate for new players. No commitments to start off with, let the players decide later. It is kinda annoying of those importing saves though.

I'm not sure how teleportation exactly works in the Witcherverse, but I'm sure it's not that simple. Basically the longer the distance for the teleport, the less accurate the teleportation becomes. If teleportation was that simple, why didn't Triss just teleport all the mages to Kovir? Why going through the effort to make an escape plan and escape by boat if she could just teleport to Kovir?

The answer is simple: I don't think she can just teleport people over such a long distance that easily. I mean we've already seen teleportation go wrong during the Keira Metz quest, and that was just her trying to teleport Geralt across the room!

The teleportation rules are messy. What it can do and when you use it are kinda in flux and depends on the situation.

Except for Ciri. She goes where she wants.

Last edited:
The game isn't skewed towards Yen. It is in fact quite the opposite. Everyone keeps meddling with Geralt's personal life, telling him how bad Yen is and how good Triss would be for him. As a Yen-romancer, it's quite fucking annoying. I want to tell all those NPCs to fuck off and mind their own business.

I know how CDPR handled the Yen romance makes sense and also happened in the books, but I do think CDPR went a bit overboard with the amount of Yen-bashing by the other characters in TW3.

Another reason I don't believe the game is skewed to Yen is the fact that the amount of romance content is near equal between Yen and Triss. The only reason we see Yennefer more often than Triss is because she's more important to the plot of TW3 and she plays a more central role in the game. But if you purely look at romance content alone, Triss and Yen are pretty equal.

Sure, Yen got 1 extra sex scene, big whoop, Triss already had a way longer and more detailed sex scene in TW2 so I'd say things are pretty equal in that regard as well.

This is more about the inconsistency about the triss romance option. After u romance triss the world doesnt react properly and some stuff isnt right, like the KM kiss yen gives to geralt and triss doesnt respond. And this is only a part of the issue

Except for when he was about to give up being a Witcher in the books and then gets stabbed by a pitchfork.
Settling down is totally in character for him. Technically he isn't retiring completely either, as the ending has him taking the occasional Witcher contract. Seems to me that is more like Geralt than the Yennefer ending.
True, despite of the preference of the 2 lovers, I feel Yen ending is a bit idealist and unrealistic.
"A witcher never die on his own bed."

Last edited:
I think the whole starting off single idea was just to give a blank slate for new players. No commitments to start off with, let the players decide later. It is kinda annoying of those importing saves though.

well, THAT is something i completely agree. That would be a whole other story. But yeah, the save import was kinda useless. But we got Letho..which is nice. .. i guess

This, the game needed balance to both of the romance options, if you choose Yen then NPC's should acknowledge that, and the same for Triss, however it was the Triss option that barely got any mentions. It shouldn't be like that at all.

Exactly the point. Inconsistency is the biggest issue. It's clear that in this game, insted of the W2 for example, the focus is more about ciri and geralt personal life than politics and war itself

I mean we've already seen teleportation go wrong during the Keira Metz quest, and that was just her trying to teleport Geralt across the room!

And right after that she teleported from the Cave to her house..something smells fishy, isnt it?

I would agree with you.

When it comes to comparing the romance its pretty equal tho. When I started playing TW3 I wanted to give Yen a chance and also wanted to see her magical personality since she is Geralts actual true love. The first scene at KM was pretty good so far. Unlike Triss ofc but ok.

My mind changed when I met her at the tavern again and going for Wyzima with her. I just started disliking her the more I played the game because she was like having a black soul. I hate necromancy and wanted to kill Keira but gave her a chance since there was no way around. Same with Yennefer. But not telling Ciri what she did with Skjall wasnt right for me. Another dislike for her.

Buuuut we dont talk about how less romance Triss has comparing to Yen in TW3 for about 250+ pages. This is just a small point of what we are talking about and what we are actually asking for.

Its the last game of Geralts witcher series and we want to remember how great it was. And most of us cant remember about it that way since Triss is standing on the ship at skellige for the entire last act until the battle. You romanced Yen. What would you think if you see your choosen girl in the game staying on a ship in the most important act? Especially when she tells you that she wants to help you and Ciri.

And this is just another small point we are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom