The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings leaked video FAQ

+
PetraSilie said:
I take this date with a pinch of salt... the official announcement will be in 2010. The leaked videos we saw were both an alpha version. I don't know if they can make the release at the end of 2010.
My worst fears confirmed by our Lead Mod. Ok, then maybe we can get a Christmas treat if they won't announce anything at all this year... I'll take anything really... ;D

From what I read, this video is really obsolete and we shouldn't trust anything from it. Still like it very much

MisterD373 said:
From what I read, this video is really obsolete and we shouldn't trust anything from it. Still like it very much
You're right, RED even mentioned it... so this is more of a guide and sample of what's to come. :peace:

I really look forward with optimism to the new game.Please, take your time to make it as good as the first was(already after the first patch,1.3 ).As an old fan of the "Gothic" Series I am glad that there is another developing party in Europe with really excellent quality.And I must add that the story of the witcher has higher quality and a unique philosophic background.I also read all the books of A.Sapkowsky and found them ( in the german translation,alas,I do not know the polish language!) thrilling and of high quality(could be compared to U.Eco´s"Name of the Rose). :)

It appears that anyone can reserve The Witcher 2 Assassin of the King DEMO to download from the file planet when demo is available.http://www.fileplanet.com/reserve/demo_reserve/index.aspxWhat's that suppose to mean? Can we expect demo soon?

GoranSRB said:
It appears that anyone can reserve The Witcher 2 Assassin of the King DEMO to download from the file planet when demo is available.http://www.fileplanet.com/reserve/demo_reserve/index.aspxWhat's that suppose to mean? Can we expect demo soon?
did you find this or did you hear about it from someone.

Looking at the link, it even says one could reserve a demo of Doom 4. Since It apparently has just barely been announced, this seems a little iffy. Not shady, but iffy.Also, what good would it be to reserve a demo? Getting it a day before other people? Clearly that seems to defy the reason for a demo...Interesting link, but it looks like a wish from the people working at fileplanet.

Reservation for TW2 demo ::) This is ridiculous and almost the same rip-off like the special offer from a certain big game mailorder- and retail company who allured customers by a pre-order offer for RotWW (shortly when it was officially announced)... "You are the first who plays the game (when you pay a deposit of 5 USD)" Here is an official statement regarding a TW2 demo :whistle:

PetraSilie said:
Reservation for TW2 demo ::) This is ridiculous and almost the same rip-off like the special offer from a certain big game mailorder- and retail company who allured customers by a pre-order offer for RotWW (shortly when it was officially announced)... "You are the first who plays the game (when you pay a deposit of 5 USD)" Here is an official statement regarding a TW2 demo :whistle:
They always want to rip you off, no matter what.Not always though.

I just find that link and get surprised and confused, so I came here to ask.I don't know is it fake, hype, wish... you name it.Anyway I must admit I wished to see demo sooner, even kept my fingers crossed :peace: ;D

When looking up news on the Director's Cut (as to what exactly it included) I found information about a video for The Witcher 2 :eek:. Now, being an American my RPGs generally come from either Japan, or the US. So to see a Polish RPG (which I didn't know before playing the game) really hit its mark in terms of delivering a memorable, and quite frankly, bad mother fucking RPG, is exciting. I read Andrzej Sapkowski's other books, The Last Wish and Blood of Elves shortly after learning of their existence within the states. Before I finished The Witcher I became a fan to the game's world and story. The books made it only worse (still waiting on the next translation to be released :( ).So to my delight The Witcher 2 is, or was, quietly in the works. I am incredibly anxious to see the final product and I can easily rest without worry or doubt that CD Projeckt will deliver the same impact that The Witcher did. Of course from what the rep said there's a lot of improvements being implemented (who doesn't like more cool stuff?) again I have no doubt that the 2nd game will be amazing. I am incredibly excited that there is going to be a 2nd...... I mean holy Hell there are no words to describe the excitement. ;D ;DAnd I will give the following credit to CD Projekt, if Eriash wouldn't mind delivering this, that the voice actors in the trailer (I liked the Geralt VO in the 1st too) were damn good. I agree that they pulled off a good job speaking English as if it were native. Take your time and polish the game to satisfaction. The wait will be worth it. I don't even want to know a time release or even ask. I can wait for this gem

Eriash said:
The voices in the video are not in any way final, and were only created for the purposes of the video. By the way - personally, I don’t like Geralt’s voice in this movie either ;).
Thank God for that. For a minute there I was like ' Noooooo! They made Geralt sound like a jacked up generic anime hero! ' I hope they keep his dry cynicsm in TW2, and hopefully the same voice actor.Overall I wasn't massively impressed with the video though, the way the guard was vomiting was waaaay over the top for me, and it looked like they had tried a bit too hard to make the game more 'cool'.It's only an early dev video though so I still have faith :)

Corylea said:
One of the things I really, really like about TW1 is that Geralt does the fighting. He's got the training; I'm just a player. ;) I make the high-level strategic decisions, and Geralt carries them out. I don't want to have to direct every movement -- parry here, dodge there, now swing -- and I thought the combat system of TW1 was great in that it allowed the player to do a lot without having to do it all. So I hope the combat system in TW2 is similar.As for just plain jumping, yes, please. What do you mean, Geralt can't jump over that ankle-high wall, and I have to go the long way around? I'd like to see jumping available for general movement though the world, though I hope not to have to direct the combat in excruciating detail.
I disagree with the statement. Sure, Geralt does the fighting - but parrying (possibly multiple types of parries) and dodging are strategic decisions. Different types of attacks are also strategic decisions. Current combat offer no depth, and is boring as hell and require no skill. If you like it - your choice. I dont like it.I hope system is as far from the TW1 as possible.

AoC said:
I disagree with the statement. Sure, Geralt does the fighting - but parrying (possibly multiple types of parries) and dodging are strategic decisions. Different types of attacks are also strategic decisions. Current combat offer no depth, and is boring as hell and require no skill. If you like it - your choice. I dont like it.I hope system is as far from the TW1 as possible.
It's so funny that I have just posted the same argument in another thread, then I come here and read your post - exactly like mine, just worded differently.

FAQ no 5 says
Eriash said:
5. When we will see more materials from the game?Except for this FAQ we do not plan any materials to be released soon. An official trailer and other stuff will be done with our publisher, and it won’t be very soon. Sorry.Stay tuned!Tom GopSenior ProducerCD Projekt RED
But at any rate we know TW2 exists and CDPR is working assiduously on it. That's well promising ;)

Silverdraken said:
Silverdraken said:
You know what would be NICE? Porting witcher 1 to this kickass new engine.Aurora engine has.... problems.
I think that would be too much work to even consider for CDProjekt at this stage. Besides, The Witcher isn't that old yet.
Really earmark this comment! Sometimes old stories are good to be retold, not yet but after six/ten years just update graphics and gameplay don't touch the story.I really miss the feeling of old Jedi Knight game series but I cannot bear to look at them anymore and I bet I'm not alone. so... put this idea in timecapsule and open it after 6 years or so.

Top Bottom