The Witcher 2 wishlist

+
I don't know if this was already covered...or if Red has already made this clear, but I'd like to see more than the same 6 or 7 people walking around everywhere. Sure they wore different color clothes, but for the most part everyone looked the same. I would certainly like to see every random person in the game be an "individual" instead of clone of someone else.

Guest 2005166

Demut said:
Demut said:
IF the TW official modules would have cost me some coin, I´d not have bought them, for the simple fact, they not really offered something new in the "visual sector". I at least expect a new area/map, a good story, some eyecandy, and several hours of gameplay.
Well, the official adventures offered several hours of gameplay and a good story, didn't they?
More or less. They are both "okay", the plus factor they got is the VO's and a rather proper story. I enjoyed them... no question about that. I just want to say, there could have been MORE to enjoy.Ah, I didn´t want to let it sound so much like nagging or complaining in the previous post. *sigh*Alles wird gut! ;D

CommanderKeen said:
I don't know if this was already covered...or if Red has already made this clear, but I'd like to see more than the same 6 or 7 people walking around everywhere.

I feel they've nailed everything I would have asked for so far in these recent previews. I just wish for a well paced game. :]

Guest 2005166

e-ahmet said:
It would be cool if we could get tattoos for Geralt.
Are the nasty looking scars not enough? Seems this time it goes the other way round, because I mentioned somewhere, I had wished "scars" for my DA characters instead of these ugly tattoos.

CommanderKeen said:
I don't know if this was already covered...or if Red has already made this clear, but I'd like to see more than the same 6 or 7 people walking around everywhere.
Inofficial FAQ said:
• In TW2 we are going to see brand new unique NPCs’ generating system. Its prototype we can see in Enhanced Edition (yeah, it’s the one with purple monster and villagers in pink shorts).
Whatever this may mean ... I believe it goes beyond the simple change of clothes but rather in the direction of what I described below.@Mrowakus: You know, the thing is that I always asked myself if it is possible to just randomly create the faces and bodies. I mean you can see that it's possible in the beginning of a lot of RPGs where you create your character. It's common that there's some kind of "Create Random Hero" button. So shouldn't it be doable by now?
CommanderKeen said:
Alles wird gut! ;D
... solange du wild bist >_> ?

Unkreativ said:
Unkreativ said:
It would be cool if we could get tattoos for Geralt.
Are the nasty looking scars not enough? Seems this time it goes the other way round, because I mentioned somewhere, I had wished "scars" for my DA characters instead of these ugly tattoos.
It may be enough for some but he won't come with any tattos applied as default. You'd go to a tattooist and get one for instance.

Guest 2005166

@Mrowakus: You know, the thing is that I always asked myself if it is possible to just randomly create the faces and bodies. I mean you can see that it's possible in the beginning of a lot of RPGs where you create your character. It's common that there's some kind of "Create Random Hero" button. So shouldn't it be doable by now?
Hmm, well there is "Face gen" http://www.facegen.com/. It think that was already used in Oblivion and a lot of other games for character generation. It also is possible to randomly create bodies, as you can do with "make human" (free download: http://sites.google.com/site/makehumandocs/download) yep, and "poser" I think. Imho, those models are okay, but still need a lot of polishing to look really good, nothing compared to a specially sculpted one.
Demut said:
Alles wird gut! ;D
... solange du wild bist >_> ?
Wilder Kerl, was?

e-ahmet said:
It may be enough for some but he won't come with any tattos applied as default. You'd go to a tattooist and get one for instance.
*COUGH* THE NOVELS, AHMET, THE NOVELS! *COUGH*It's getting boring, I know :p
e-ahmet said:
Wilder Kerl, was?
Aber sowas von nicht. Bist du einer?

Yes, I was thinking of extensions packs, like what they did for Baldur's gate for instance, new more or less big adventures using the new engine.And definitively not stuff like a new super mega class ring +1 constitutions, or horse plate saddle for the marvellously unbelievable price of 10$ each.That's what they should have done for the first, but they already had too much on the go unfortunately, so... :)

Couple of comments...On followers: I'm not against the idea, Geralt was too damn lonely at times in TW1 (esp when exploring spooky places). Some followers could lighten up the mood by making cynical or funny comments on the situation, others could be darker. Still, in order to please everybody the player should be able to choose between several followers or no followers at all. Speaking of which, I noticed Triss is sexier than the previous version, but I hope Shani is back too_On the release date: Q1 2011, wtf? This could be end of March 2011 worst case scenario. What happened to the pre-xmas ETA? I was even hoping for an October time frame, silly me. If that's the final word, at least I hope they include DirectX 11 elements e.g. tesselation. On TW2 universe: I realize it's difficult for developers to balance the old/new when making a sequel, but as it is today the game looks radically different from TW1. Yet it's set immediately after the events in TW1...

I only want one thing, besides obviously wanting a good game...More Zoltan and more Dandelion. Whenever the Witcher and his two budds are in the same place awesome follows.

One more thing for me, regarding the bard... If youre gonna actually make Dandelion sing... please, do work on the lyrics, music, and record an actual singer, the part on W1 when he sings at that party is really HORRENDOUS... :D worst cutscene in the game :p

Jackinthegreen said:
One more thing for me, regarding the bard... If youre gonna actually make Dandelion sing... please, do work on the lyrics, music, and record an actual singer, the part on W1 when he sings at that party is really HORRENDOUS... :D worst cutscene in the game :p
Don't quote me on this one, but I think Dandelion was supposed to be a bit annoying, at least that's how I perceived him. That might explain the quality of the singing :DOn the other hand, expecting RED to hire Robbie Williams to voice Dandelion's every artistic effort is a little unreasonable. John Cleese can be heard in Jade Empire and Patrick Stewart in Oblivion, but only for a few moments ;)

Jackinthegreen said:
Lol, yeah, Dandelion is an annoying d-bag. Good guy at heart, but a comic relief character. Only thing he's good at is sticking his dangle snake into the wrong plum slits.

Top Bottom