The Witcher 2 wishlist

+
That really doesnt matter at all, for us consumers. In the worst case scenario CDP will release a "Directors Cut" free downloadable, to anyone who purchased the game,like they did for W1. ;)

It will be great if you improve the contract system. I wish more things to spend my money on-for e.g after buying all books, armors, rune swords, bribing and buying alcohol for potions i still had around 10 000 orens in the final chapter. I would like to see more trophy monsters and more preparation before going after them-for e.g. potion preparation, tactics etc. In the original game the battle techniques were pretty much the same for every enemy. Enhanced alchemy system would be awesome. More potion effects that are interesting, not only buff-ups. While I played TW1 I was thinking how great it'll be if there were more fistfight quest, like the one about Dandelion's lute. While fighting humans you don't always need a sword, just fists are enough.

I'd like to see more chances to legitimately prepare for boss monster fights. Somewhat like in the case of the Striga fight - we knew full well what we're up against *and* had a chance to take any and all potions beforehand (even to meditate, lowering the toxicity of the long-term potions). The Koschey surprise fight is something I'd prefer to avoid. I mean, one can prepare for it, of course but there are no hints in-game that it's going to happen. Only *player* knowledge, gained from a solution to the game, or through loading a save upon meeting the Koschey, allows us to prepare. Had the catacombs been littered with the Koschey's prey, Geralt could remark that there surely is a fearsome monster lurking around and he better prepare himself.Worse still are boss fights one *cannot* prepare for beforehand at all. The worst offender is the Beast - potions taken in the cave tend to wear off during the confrontation with the villagers, and taking potions during combat is not fun.I thank you for your timeGorthuar of MirtheMaster of Arcane Magick

gorthuar said:
The worst offender is the Beast - potions taken in the cave tend to wear off during the confrontation with the villagers, and taking potions during combat is not fun.
Well, you've got a half point there. It's not exactly fun but manageable. Use Specter Oil beforehand, in the actual combat use Aard on some Barghests, run away a bit, take Swallow and perhaps Tawny Oil (with Rubedo as ingredient), DONE : Worked for me. Though this fight is easy even without potions (in the most difficult mode, yes). Hit the Beast a bit, let it eat one or two fully maxed tier II Aards and execute the stunned mutt :)

Perhaps you misunderstood my point. I'm not seeking advice against the Beast, having finished my fifth playthrough of the game yesterday. And I know full well that taking potions during combat is possible. It does, however, go against the image of Witchers as monster-hunters who know their quarry well and prepare *beforehand*.I thank you for your timeGorthuar of MirtheMaster of Arcane Magick

I don't think I misunderstood your point. See, I also think that your image of what a witcher should fight like is correct. Nevertheless, isn't it just reasonable that there are just times where he simply can't prepare in advance? Whether it's because he doesn't know the monster is there or because he doesn't know when it will come.

InfernoFlameZERO said:
Remix of The Witcher Main Menu Music and Believe credit music :beer: ;D
I loved the credits song in TW1. I never skipped the credits because of it :D

Demut said:
I don't think I misunderstood your point. See, I also think that your image of what a witcher should fight like is correct. Nevertheless, isn't it just reasonable that there are just times where he simply can't prepare in advance? Whether it's because he doesn't know the monster is there or because he doesn't know when it will come.
Yeah, right, and then a player will just load the game and prepare...Preparing for fights is half the fun. If the devs intend to make some fights "surprising", then they should make sure that hindsight won't help the player, i.e. they should setup the fight in such a way that even the long-lasting potions will wear off and the player will really have to fight without any preparations.

gorthuar said:
...The Koschey surprise fight is something I'd prefer to avoid. I mean, one can prepare for it, of course but there are no hints in-game that it's going to happen. Only *player* knowledge, gained from a solution to the game, or through loading a save upon meeting the Koschey, allows us to prepare......Worse still are boss fights one *cannot* prepare for beforehand at all. The worst offender is the Beast - potions taken in the cave tend to wear off during the confrontation with the villagers, and taking potions during combat is not fun...
Some surprise is good. If you knew everytime whta you'll face it wouldn't be fun as much. In hard mode I had hard time defeating the beast but to my chance in the fourth try I guess I stunned it with Aard as soon as the fight started and finished it off quickly.

Personnally, I hope there will be less zones like the swamp where you have to fight monsters constantly. After all, the Witcher isn't diablo and anyway I skipped most of these fight except when I wanted to enter a cave or loot a monster. In that case I had to slay dozens monsters only to be able to interact with the environment...In fact this is the think that annoys me the most in The Witcher

I tend to disagree with that. There are enough HUGE areas in W1, in which you dont do nothing but travel and listen to the beautiful music. :) That fact has even been criticized by other players, that want to be fighing EVERY SINGLE MOMENT, or thery get bored, thats the argument. I think that there should be "WILD" areas in which monsters do spawn every time (because thats the nature of that zone) and you have to fight to get out. The number of monsters that you batle should be able to change, according the difficulty level. And also there should be quiet areas, in which you can admire the landscape and music... ;)

e-ahmet said:
e-ahmet said:
...The Koschey surprise fight is something I'd prefer to avoid. I mean, one can prepare for it, of course but there are no hints in-game that it's going to happen. Only *player* knowledge, gained from a solution to the game, or through loading a save upon meeting the Koschey, allows us to prepare......Worse still are boss fights one *cannot* prepare for beforehand at all. The worst offender is the Beast - potions taken in the cave tend to wear off during the confrontation with the villagers, and taking potions during combat is not fun...
Some surprise is good. If you knew everytime whta you'll face it wouldn't be fun as much. In hard mode I had hard time defeating the beast but to my chance in the fourth try I guess I stunned it with Aard as soon as the fight started and finished it off quickly.
@e-ahmet I agree with you. I think you're pretty much spot on. If you know each and every time when the enemy strikes it spoils all the fun. Plus for your foe to loud its arrival so that you can prepare yourself accordingly seems idiotic. I, for one thing, appreciated that the beast thing in the first chapter attacks you when you are at you weakest - either cursed by the witch or against the peasants. Note here that this particular fight IS foreshadowed - pretty much at the start of the chapter it is made clear that you are going to eventually face it, so it is your damn fault if you had not made right preparations (i.e. read right books, learn about the beats' weaknesses, brew right potions, coat your sword in specter oil as often as possible etc.). The only mistake here on the part of the devs is a design decision - there should be an autosave before such a hard fight! To me both the clash with the beast and the Koschey were very climatic and satisfying. They suddenly dispelled a false sense of security making the player wary of the future encounters.Too bad that this sense of tension boss-fights carried didn't show throughout the rest of the game. It is a shame that much of players' time was wasted on slaying piss poor easy throngs of drowners and alike. Hence my appeal to the devs - if anything give fewer but more challenging monsters!

Personally, I think that there should be less monsters, like in the book.And I like safe areas very much, so the more of them-the better.

antho009 said:
Personnally, I hope there will be less zones like the swamp where you have to fight monsters constantly. After all, the Witcher isn't diablo and anyway I skipped most of these fight except when I wanted to enter a cave or loot a monster. In that case I had to slay dozens monsters only to be able to interact with the environment...In fact this is the think that annoys me the most in The Witcher
aehm, I just ignored the monsters if I didn't wanna fight them. it's not that they are very quick and follow you across the whole swamp. from time to time I was gladly meditating until midnight, took a few potions and then cleared the swamp of any monsters, usually even gaining a level during it.

You can always use a drowner-repelling talisman so the drowners don't attack you. I can't understand why is this complaining about the swamp, it was a great place for gathering ingredients and earning money :)

Top Bottom