Votes: 270 26.2%
  • I need to see it in action to be sure

Votes: 294 28.6%
  • I prefer the system of TW1

Votes: 363 35.3%
  • I prefer the system of TW2

Votes: 104 10.1%

• Total voters
Overly complex? It's just find the materials (which you find everywhere or you can buy) and then press E to create your potion. After that, you have nothing left to do.

It's over simplified, and it's bad.

overly complex as in, it's pretty random when and where you'll find the ingredients. i've played through the entire game and HOTS, i'm now level 38, and there's still quite a few potions which i -still- don't have ingredients for, after pretty much picking up random stuff all across the map.

the crafting system is a bit better in this (although not completely, but that's a topic for a different thread).

and then you only get the benefits for a relatively short period of time...and they're super specialized, and gives relatively little benefit.

i'd like to see the alchemy system revamped so that there's -predictable- places where you can find materials, and make the potions/oils give fairly strong -general- bonuses, much like Thunderbolt, etc.

right now the Alchemy system is weak compared to the other attributes.

Amazing.
The mod itself of course but also for the fact that people are still that committed to fix one of the game's most severe shortcomings, with such ease and actually without adding more of the oh-so-dreaded 'busywork' or tedium to it.
May be a bit more restrictive in terms when or where you're actually able to brew/create alchemical items but a little realism for the sake of more immersion has never hurt anybody.

Too bad this is going to fly under CDPR's radar as well, without the chance of getting recognized as the alchemy system that, contrary to the butchered one that's currently in place, actually makes a whole lot more sense, on pretty much all levels.

---------- Updated at 01:27 PM ----------

[video=youtube;0iViZEP8-5o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iViZEP8-5o[/video]

...Too bad this is going to fly under CDPR's radar as well, without the chance of getting recognized as the alchemy system that, contrary to the butchered one that's currently in place, actually makes a whole lot more sense, on pretty much all levels.
Strongly disagree, potion making is a lot better compared to previous games. In previous games without knowledge of "what's next" the potion making was always hit or miss, you could drink a thunderbolt potion to buff up and be stuck talking to NPCs for the next few hours. Now I can just use it when needed.

Furthermore the Witcher games have always been tedious with inventory manamagent and potion creation, I'm glad they finally made a system that no longer gets in my way every time I try to play the game.

Furthermore the Witcher games have always been tedious with inventory manamagent and potion creation, I'm glad they finally made a system that no longer gets in my way every time I try to play the game.

I really disagree on this. There's nothing more tedious than create a potion using only one button and then forget about the entire system cause you don't need it anymore. Inventory management is always been a big part of the RPG genre, and alchemy system a big part of The Witcher experience.
I want a system that make me think about what I'm doing, a system that force me to use my brain, as it was in Witcher 1. Not a system that is almost entirely automatic, and therefore, is neither immersive nor fun.

I really disagree on this. There's nothing more tedious than create a potion using only one button and then forget about the entire system cause you don't need it anymore. Inventory management is always been a big part of the RPG genre, and alchemy system a big part of The Witcher experience.
I want a system that make me think about what I'm doing, a system that force me to use my brain, as it was in Witcher 1. Not a system that is almost entirely automatic, and therefore, is neither immersive nor fun.
I see what you mean, but I don't think TW1 is more impressive in this regard. Using the auto ingredient supply option in part 1, making potions is as easy as TW3. And because TW3 has hundreds of craftable items I kept using the alchemy system during the entire playthrough.

Top Bottom