The Witcher 3 and CDPR Appreciation thread

+
Well spoken! Thank you for such a crazy good game CD Projekt Red! You guys are the gods of gaming! I have never got teary eyed playing a game for its sheer awesomeness, but Witcher 3 did that to me and has blown me away. My brain basically popped and I found myself transfixed staring in awe at my tv for hours before I could regain consciousness and understand what just happened to me lol Best game ever like I said, and I thought nothing would beat Chrono Trigger and a handful of other of my favorite rpgs, but you guys did and you did it with style! Love you CD Projekt Red! Best gift I ever got in life was being able to play your game. Its that good! lol

-Z

must sign to this. Witcher 3 is really a masterpiece. CDPR is the only gaming company im preordering stuff without any doubts. I bought Witcher 3 immediately when pre-order was possible (through steam) and must say it was my most valuable buy so far on that platform (even though i have like 200+ games there) I got burned with promises from other companies with games like ME3, TW Rome 2 etc, but you guys really kept your promise and delivered something spectacular. Huge thank you for your effort!

Well my friend it's a good time to be a gamer as this is happening too :)

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/

Prepare your loins, for they are about to be soiled!

---------- Updated at 05:12 PM ----------

Well my friend it's a good time to be a gamer as this is happening too :)

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/

Prepare your loins, for they are about to be soiled!

---------- Updated at 05:15 PM ----------

Not to take the wind out of the witcher sails by the way, it's like the best game I've ever played. But yeah, this is happening too :)

Great words op! CDred just made my BGE, as simple!
As i said, it's not only the most beautiful game i've seen on consoles (xbox version here) but also the most interesting, deep, well written, big... and i could go on longer!
Im no more waiting others game, even batman next release has lost my interest... TW3 just set the bar too high, technicaly, gameplay, the lore, the scope...
CDRED u are among gods now!! Thx thx thx thx thx thx

My only criticism of this game is being able to eat a full chicken leg or joint of beef in the midst of combat. Nitpicking I know. lol

I can't believe that even the most minor quests have beautifully rendered cut scenes. Just totally immersive. Fantastic game!

Well said. The game is truly a masterpiece. Not perfect by any means, but then, nothing is. Gamespot wasn't wrong when they gave this game a 10/10.

My only criticism of this game is being able to eat a full chicken leg or joint of beef in the midst of combat. Nitpicking I know. lol

I can't believe that even the most minor quests have beautifully rendered cut scenes. Just totally immersive. Fantastic game!

Or making alcohol bombs. hahaha.

But yeah, this is probably my favorite game ever and im no gaming newbie either :D

I agree completely. And not just for the 3rd installment. Both of the previous games got support and free content long after its release. Witcher 1 got a fully enhanced version later on and they didn't charge a penny for this. People who already had the game got this for free and people who didn't have the game before didn't pay more for this. Any other developer who have milked that cow dry. Recent examples like State of Decay can attest to that. In an age where greed and ignorance is the norm, cdpr is a shining beacon of light.

I honestly feel sad for them with the amount of crap that they had to deal with the last 2 weeks from people complaining. Sure there are flaws and some people might have serious issues with the game but show me 5 other developers that have released 4 patches in 2 weeks and meanwhile putting out new content for free!

i havent play much trying to wait for some patches and yes

ocarina of time shemmue was masterpieces games , me too played all pc rpg and from baldurs gate and after and all jrpg from ff6 even last story lol

best game so far for me is by far...
suikoden 2 illustrius masterpiece,

after is shemmue 2= ,kotor= final fantasy= f 7=-8 and= legend of dragoon=xenogears

then a below those dragon age origins - masquerade bloodlines - morrowind

witcher 3 now havent yet captured my interest enough i expected more to be honest maybe im greedy i know its extremly hard and risky, and still is a 10/10 game

im only 12 lvl tho, probably it gets much better as expected , on athmoshere is one of the best western modern rpgs, i still think morrowind had better atmoshere and bloodlines too but we will see i was not expecting a magic line in jrpgs line suiko 2 ff 7=8 or Lod , but still its extremly good job

if i were you iwoudl try to make some random or very hard to find quests that interact with the player some strange ligths with music or sounds that will make the player .... that in some cases are just effects ( like the sounds of morrowind of creatures but in the nigth,,, or some vamps or other mythical creatures
intelligend ones that make those and i think the player would be blown away

(and the danger coz lets say he read those in some books some stories as he gone for a nigth hunt...)
only missed those and in other a very well hidden stories shrouded with mystery that cant be solved by sences or quest marks...

other thing defenately that missing better realistic looting not as good as gothic 2 or 3 but not random copy paste items in every barel its so unimmersive make the player try hard to take good items from looting not just go and looting everything you found with no conscequences npc dont even beg you not to do that or treaten you and guards dont guard the good stuff to make it even hard figth to get those or

very tricky.. player shount not have easy access to money,
is more epic 1vs1 chalenges with higher vamps etc intenigend ones l and to be possible to defeat them in a unique way,

the nigth to be rembered for exmple was such intresting video yet is there anything similar in the game? in past witcher games if that existed

the the past witcher games or books ot would be 1 kill her .and 2 do naughty things and skip the contract and 3 leave or something like that , in w3 those things dont exist unfortunately from what i know is an other letdown , maybe i exepcted too much , dont get me wrong if review it i would give it 10/10 still

This sentence:

Over the last few years, i almost gave up on gaming. I have a fulltime.job, a girlfriend...you name it...no time at all.

and this sentence:

Right now now I've played the witcher 3 for 150 hours and...

are not fitting together :dry:

but the rest is simple true :p

+1

btw.: i also love the game - it's F**** amazing ^^ the only problem is - i have a wife and two children and a full time job. So until now i was able to play only 11 hours ... BUT they where the best 11 hours until now )
I think until i will beat the game the first time it will be october or november or something.... what ever as long as i can play it :D)

Regards!

While I share the enthusiasm of the op for the game I have to say is far from perfect, especially in the mechanics department. Suffice to say that even now, the above mentioned Ocarina(1996), a true trend setter , has a much more stable camera and lock on system and the analog is far more precise. Controlling link is a breeze and a joy but Gerald? I would say functional at best , frustrating at its worse. TW3, most certainly is beautiful, but a bit clunky...

Last edited:
- Zelda OoT
- Shenmue 2
- Dark Souls 1

C'mon, seriously? You game from 30 years and you put 2nd and 3rd those two? What about Ultima IV, VII or Underworld? What about Pool of Radiance or Wizardry VIII or Eye of the Beholder? What about Planescape Torment (probably the best story ever written in a RPG), what about Wasteland, Fallout 1 and 2? What about even Shadow of Amn?

All of those are leaps and bounds above Dark Souls or Shenmue, there's not even a comparison. Hell, even Vampire: The Masquerade is easily above those two and not many years have passed since then.

But I agree with you that W3 finally brings back RPGs to their full glory. It has passed some time since the last very good title in the genre happened.

Last edited:
Best game I've played to date. I have enjoyed other games, but this one is tops. Now, if only I could figure out why screenshot-level images as my desktop background cause my game to seize up my PC, I'd be happy!

yeah well said. red dead redemption is my all time fav game and in my opinion nothing has ever came close since red dead that i was just so amazed over until now.

Top Bottom