The Witcher 3 and CDPR Appreciation thread

+
Anyone know what's happening with this thread? Not sure if it's getting mod scrutiny or whatnot but if it's about profanity I'd be happy to change it.

Anyway this is one of the VERY few instances when I actually worry that the developers aren't getting as much money as they deserve. Almost everyone I know are either artists or musicians and I know too damn well that it SUCKS to try to survive when you focus on solely your heart's passion project. I count CDPR as among those (us) and really hope that for once the good guys get paid, and well.

Nothing bad's happening :)

We're merging threads on similar topics. Otherwise they get lost after a few hours.

Thanks CDPR !
Awesome game !!

It's unfortunate for CDPR and Rockstar that both their games came out within a month of each other. It's maybe even unfortunate that both games came out in the same year. They both deserve to be Game Of The Year. Both games have increased the threshold by a huge amount. Like no other game has done in years.

Skyrim (November 2011) was the last game that did something like that. The Witcher, GTA V, Skyrim, maybe the first Witcher game, World of Warcraft, Far Cry, Morrowind, Thief, Unreal Tournament, Half-Life 1. These are the milestones of modern computer games. You can be proud to have 2 games in this very short list.

This is a great game. Might have some teething problems now but that is ok for a game of this scale. I know it will be optimized. CD Project Red is a really fantastic team and thank you guys for the beautiful "Wild Hunt".

Amazed at the level of detail and the fantastic coolness factor they put into this game. For example the different ways Geralt jumps over fences and mounts and dismounts Roach. And has anyone ridden Roach smack into a monster(s)? The first time that happened, Roach reared, threw Geralt! I couldn't believe it and just stood there laughing at the animation, totally forgetting the monster until he swatted me. So funny and just incredible that they would think of adding that. And then theres the castle in Vizima - its exactly the same! Its just a brilliant game, the quests, secondary quests, animations, the world is beautiful, the immersion factor is there. Thank you!

Thank you CD Projekt, with all my heart! To us here in our country Chile, specially in the south where I live, is very difficult to find PC games to buy. The thing is, there is a special game store and I asked for them to bring me the game to my city, after a few days of waiting I could finally buy your game!

I could have pirated I could have done so many things and yet I love this game so much that I dedided to really have it (retail). The smell is the most beautiful smell I have smelt :) In many years!!

Love you guys, beautiful game, I can really see the love you have put into it.

THANK YOU.

P.D Tomorrow I will be buying the DVD player just so I can install it the way is meant to do it hehe, I was short of money :p

And yes I sold the PS4! PC all the way!

Attachments

• WP_000141.jpg
    WP_000141.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 29
  • WP_000142.jpg
    WP_000142.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Its so easy to get stuck in finding faults in things......So great job to whoever started this thread......Epic game....and an excellent story ..hats off to the developer...

This game literally has everything I could ever want in a game. Sure, it has its faults, but damn, it delivers.

Definitely the sort of thing you have to play once annually. I finished it a few days ago and I'm still letting it all sink in. I think I'll reread the books and replay the whole series just before the expansions come out.

So many good feelings.

A 'Thank you!' thread

Hello, CDPR!

I thought I'd register here just to say thanks, then I figured out I can use my existing GOG login! :D

This is my first post on your forums and I only came here to explicitly thank you for making the Witcher 3!

I have both the previous games in the series but never really finished either, due to various things that did not click with me after a few hours of play.

However, after buying Witcher 3 (sadly on Steam, as I'm far too invested in it as a platform to branch out now) and spending about 25 hours with the game, I felt compelled to come here and thank you for making this game, in writing.

I am a huge fan of open world settings and enjoyed watching this subset of games develop across all genres.
I believe 25 hours are enough for me to say that you have, hands down, created the most beautiful, most immersive, most believable and enjoyable fantasy open world!

I am a big fan of Grand Theft Auto V as well and I have to say that you created a game space that is the fantasy-setting equivalent of Rockstar's game in terms of depth, polish and attention to detail, only you used a fraction of their budget - hooray for Slavic ingenuity and resourcefulness, I suppose!
I am Bulgarian myself and enjoyed listening to my national folklore rendered in the game by Percival and orchestrated by your composers.

Once again, a big Thank you! for putting all of this together into the beautiful, huge, interesting world that it is now!

Best regards from Bulgaria!

I'll 2nd that. I am very satisfied and it may be the only game I've played which for me personally has a chance of dethroning Elder Scrolls.

And thank YOU for merging this! :D

I've never been particularly good with using the search and / or my eyes to scan the front page and stickies.

I guess you guys and gals are real busy and bathe as often as a northern woman, but keep up the good work and congrats on a really great game :)

Hello everyone

Thank you very much to all involved for such a great story driven rpg. Thoroughly enjoyed my first playthrough and pleased with the ending I got by bonding with Ciri and giving Radovid what he deserved. A fitting end to Geralts tale and a brilliant game.

My first playthrough took about 210 hours and there is still plenty to do. This is the most time I've put into a single playthrough of any game and will undoubtedly be the most time I've spent with any game series. I hardly touched Gwent or horse racing. Saving that for my second playthrough. (I had a week and a bit off work and pulled a few late nights - coming back to reality was a bit of a challenge!)

Though it's a grim world I loved the wonderfully crafted stories and cared for the characters in the witcher world. Making certain decisions could be agonising and I had to resist the temptation to reload and pick a different choice. I justified the occasional undesired result by thinking my Alchemy master Geralt is slightly crazy on account of the potions he's constantly chugging. Looking forward to my second game as a pragmatic sword master who's a dab hand at Gwent.

So again, many thanks to CD Projekt and everyone else's tireless efforts in realising this ambitious project. Thanks also to fellow fans whose support has helped shape the witcher games. Here's to a successful and creative future. In the meantime please enjoy a well deserved rest!

Fruitful adventuring all!

PS. I would like to request CD Projekt to keep their traditional values and remain as down to earth as possible. It would be a great shame if the company's growing success led it to become more like some of the other corporations out there. Please stay transparent, open and supportive of the modding community. And always keep that wacky sense of humour! :p

Dear CdProjekt RED team

Thank you !
and thanks to all the People behind Witcher 3 !

With best wishes Priv

bugs isnt the problem. The game dont deserve a 92 in metacritic.
Dont have multiplayer in a era of multiplayer, costumization is very very poor, graphics are so so to bad, 200 time of gameplay is same time that ES: Oblivion( the only RPG that can defeat Oblivion is baldur gate 2) that was launched in start of last generation, the alchemy is useless you can finish the game with good signs and good weapon then i quest why have alchemy?. The game is good ,only good, but strange receive so well per reviewer.Maybe because have alot of sex scene.

Wow. Just ... well wow !

Just hit 35 hours. I cannot believe the adventures, characters, dark caves, sunsets, gwent and much, much more that I've experienced and I am still in Velen. This game is such a stunning success in every way, I can't imagine another game every surpassing it.

Once again CDPR, you are all absolute geniuses.

Post Patch 1.05: A big thank you to CD Project Team

I really appreciate all the effort you put in perfecting your game. It's not even out for a month and there are already 5 Patches. I real feel like all of you are giving your best to make the Witcher 3 the best gaming experience ever and to address all the issues your Players have - Not just using of a specific amount of money that was planned for support and then move on. So... thank you guys!!!

My journey into the witcher world started a few years after Witcher 1 was released. I remember trying the game not long after release but my PC could not handle it at all. But after the enhanced edition came out and I had acquired a new PC that could run it. I booted it up and instantly fell in love with the world, the characters and its story.The combat and gameplay was not the best, but it is still a great game and I have finished it a couple of times.

Then Witcher 2 came out and I bought it at day 1 and loved every minute of it. I have finished the game 6 times and I still can't decide which path I like the most. And while this game improved on mostly every aspect from Witcher 1. It still did not have that one thing that is required for me to place it among the truly spectacular RPGs. And that is an open world where I can explore and just completely immerse myself in.

Now Witcher 3 has been my most anticipated game ever since it was announced. The wait also made me start reading the books, which I highly recommend everyone should read. I have been playing games for over 20 years now and RPGs has always been my favorite genre. And while there has been a lot of great RPGs after Witcher 2, such as Skyrim and Dragon Age Inquisition. Witcher 3 stands now at the top for me, it is the best RPG I have ever played, and the best game in general that I have ever played. Skyrim had that spot before it, but Witcher 3 knocks it out because of how amazingly balanced the game is. And what I mean by that is how it delivers on every aspect of the game, it met my expectations and even exceeded them.

After about 100 hours, I managed to finish the main story line and this is how you end a game trilogy. With a bang and a very memorable ending. Here is where games like Skyrim and DAI falls short, they never managed to make the ending that memorable. Skyrim had a very lackluster bossfight at the end and DAI failed to build tension. Witcher 3 succeeded on both accounts.

It is the writing in the game that takes center stage, as it is the best writing I have seen in such a big game. The story is engaging from the beginning to the end, and it is so long and so perfectly paced.It manages to mix in drama, comedy and romance perfectly. And the choices you make feels like they truly matter. Even though I still have a lot of quests and stuff left to do, so far I have yet to encounter any quest that bored me. All the different characters you meet throughout the story are all memorable and every dialogue has been engaging and interesting. I just love tracking monsters and doing contracts. And while I greatly enjoyed the combat in Witcher 2, it has been refined and greatly improved in Witcher 3. Is the combat perfect? No, but it is better than most RPGs I have played. Mounted combat could use some love though, as I found it a bit clunky. But most of the time, combat is exhilarating and fun.

While I am disappointed that they had to downgrade the graphics, the game still looks better than any RPG I have ever played. It has some of the best looking forests and vistas in any game. I just love walking through the countryside during sunsets. The game is also one of the most immersive games I have played. The world is alive and the attention to detail is amazing. Though I have to admit that they could add some stuff to the oceans and such. Those are a bit empty and boring I must admit. Just add a few fishing boats and travelers would go a long way to make it more immersive. I know they have the assets as I have seen fishing boats, but they are all just close to villages. Also Gwent is awesome, and I wish they made a multiplayer version of it. Would be fun to play against friends.

Another big part of what makes this game great is the audio, from the excellent voice acting to the masterpiece of a musical score. Some of the combat music just fits perfectly to the game and I had plenty of moments where I got chills during some fights because of it.

Well this is already becoming a really long post, so I will end it there. This is now my all time favorite game and I thank CDPR for all their hard work making this amazing game. You are my favorite game developer and I can't wait to play the expansions and all the games you make.

Top Bottom