The Witcher 3 Collector's Edition - availability information

+
Thanks... and also, up here I think its EBgames, not gamespot; at least when I try to punch in Gamespot.ca (OR.com) it switches to EBgames.ca, if that helps. I also went into my local EBgames and was told that there was not even news on the fact that their even WAS a Collectors edition; it surprised all three of the dudes there, and they saw absolutely nothing about it in their corporate memo's or anything.

Reason I also want to use EB is that I have about 50 bucks of credit with them, and I don't think it'll work with Gamestop.

Nah it's the same thing. Just make sure you do gamestop.com ( it will try to redirect you ) you can use a separate browser if you want. There's a link after the 3 panels that says " Shopping from the US? " Click on that to go to US site.

As for the credit thing; based on this link you can; but verify that with EB tomorrow
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/Gift_Cards.aspx

And yea same. My buddy works at EB and he says that it should have been out last week if anything. But I also got a reply from the community manager and she said they are in talks with Warner Bros. Ditto with Fshop and Bbuy.

Same with Amazon. I suspect if we DO get it; it's going to be a long time from now. So best to get yourself a guaranteed copy from the US before they stop taking pre-orders.

Nah it's the same thing. Just make sure you do gamestop.com ( it will try to redirect you ) you can use a separate browser if you want. There's a link after the 3 panels that says " Shopping from the US? " Click on that to go to US site.

As for the credit thing; based on this link you can; but verify that with EB tomorrow
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/Gift_Cards.aspx

And yea same. My buddy works at EB and he says that it should have been out last week if anything. But I also got a reply from the community manager and she said they are in talks with Warner Bros. Ditto with Fshop and Bbuy.

Same with Amazon. I suspect if we DO get it; it's going to be a long time from now. So best to get yourself a guaranteed copy from the US before they stop taking pre-orders.

Wow, so due to screwups a entire COUNTRY won't be able to preorder, potentially, before the supply runs out? I.... words fail me in describing just how STUPID that is.

And when I tried to use my Edge Platinum Card it didn't work on Gamestop; I put a help request in, I'll see if I get a answer back anytime soon.

Collector's Edition - Maybe this will help someone

Hello.

I know a lot of people have had issues ordering the collector's edition, I know there were issues for dutch people, for candians, for Israelis etc, me included. And Amazon.co.uk would not ship it to Israel and I assume other countries as well.

I checked today and amazon.co.uk have changed their shipping policies about this item, you can now ship it to Israel. I can confirm this. I just bought my copy and asked for it to be delivered to my home in Tel Aviv. I can only assume that they also made it available in more countries.

So if you had problems, go there and check if you can now order it.
I hope this helps someone.

Happy Hunting

Confirming what Eyechewer says.

@Dragonbird Shipping to SEA is only 8 GBP [slowest shipping method]. VAT is also deducted if you live outside of the EU, so the console CEs are only £116.66, NOT 139.99.

@Eyechewer @High King - I love you both! Order placed.
They only had the console versions, but who cares? I'll still have the GOG one as well.

(And now, I'm going to move this over into the main thread to make sure it gets the visibility. I've left a redirect behind too)

Last edited:
I just did some quick math, and it's actually the same price to get it from Amazon UK (for international orders at least), since 117 + 8 GBP adds up to 212 USD or so, because Amazon UK has much cheaper shipping.

Amazon sells the game for 150, and if my previous orders are anything to go by, shipping to SEA at the slowest would likely cost 60 - 70. So it still comes to about 210 - 220, at the very least.

I just did some quick math, and it's actually the same price to get it from Amazon UK (for international orders at least), since 117 + 8 GBP adds up to 212 USD or so, because Amazon UK has much cheaper shipping.

Amazon sells the game for 150, and if my previous orders are anything to go by, shipping to SEA at the slowest would likely cost 60 - 70. So it still comes to about 210 - 220, at the very least.

Yup. I'd looked at Amazon UK earlier, considering getting it shipped to my sister in England and asking her to forward it, but it was a lot worse than the US because of the VAT on top of shipping. But those issues have disappeared completely now that they're willing to ship direct. And in the ever-more-unlikely event that Play-Asia does start to carry stock, I suspect they won't be much cheaper.

And I wouldn't trust using anything other than a courier service if forwarding here, the risks of it getting damaged are too high. It's OK when the retailer is shipping direct, because they're still responsible for problems, but not with forwarding.

Last edited:
Am I still in time to find one for me? I'm from Italy and i need a PC version of the CE... no luck till now.
I'd buy even one from another country, can you help me finding a good reliable retailer with some copies left?
Please, I NEED that CE, I can't imagine my life to go on without it in my hands XD.
Also, do you know if they'll restock it some time? If not, they should... they sold so many copies in so few days, it would be foolish of them to not exploit it... What do you think?

Am I still in time to find one for me? I'm from Italy and i need a PC version of the CE... no luck till now.
I'd buy even one from another country, can you help me finding a good reliable retailer with some copies left?
Please, I NEED that CE, I can't imagine my life to go on without it in my hands XD.
Also, do you know if they'll restock it some time? If not, they should... they sold so many copies in so few days, it would be foolish of them to not exploit it... What do you think?
Amazon.de still has the PC CE but I guess the artbook and the package will be in German. The rest will be the same of course. And you get a physical comic book on top of it (but we don't know whether it will be German or English). You could of course preorder now and cancel later when more information will be available. ;)

Wow, so due to screwups a entire COUNTRY won't be able to preorder, potentially, before the supply runs out? I.... words fail me in describing just how STUPID that is.

And when I tried to use my Edge Platinum Card it didn't work on Gamestop; I put a help request in, I'll see if I get a answer back anytime soon.

Yep pretty much. I'm guessing it's because of the French/English packaging bullshit. Which is funny cause Quebec keeps wanting to leave Canada; yet they're the ones screwing us over. In any case... for now just put down a pre-order at Gamestop; ask any of your relatives in the US to use their address so you don't have to pay full price.

Even if you can't use your edge card; there's about 9 months left till it comes out. Save $1 a day and you get around 250-270 ( some months are longer ) so you'll be good in any case.

Another thing that may help you out ( alot ) is that this july we get our GST checks, then we get one in Oct and one in Jan, They range from 70-90 so that's $210 right there. If you paid rent last year; you also get a trillium benefit; which means that's another $70 a month; so you're in decent shape if you are good with saving.

Uh... risky D:
Also, I don't understand German at all XD.
What do you think about the restock thing?
I personally think that it's unlikely but only CDPR know for sure... ;)

Preordering at amazon.de isn't really risky. You can cancel your order at any time and no money wwill be transfered before shipping.

Orded to CE (PC) from cdon.com (I live in Denmark.) Still I'm a bit worried, it's listed as reserved, hope they get enough copies and don't oversell. Maybe I should place a preorder in gamestop aswell..

Yep pretty much. I'm guessing it's because of the French/English packaging bullshit. Which is funny cause Quebec keeps wanting to leave Canada; yet they're the ones screwing us over. In any case... for now just put down a pre-order at Gamestop; ask any of your relatives in the US to use their address so you don't have to pay full price.

Even if you can't use your edge card; there's about 9 months left till it comes out. Save $1 a day and you get around 250-270 ( some months are longer ) so you'll be good in any case.

Another thing that may help you out ( alot ) is that this july we get our GST checks, then we get one in Oct and one in Jan, They range from 70-90 so that's $210 right there. If you paid rent last year; you also get a trillium benefit; which means that's another $70 a month; so you're in decent shape if you are good with saving.
Quebec again? seriously, why not just use the French copies from France for quebec then? grrrr

Pre ordered off Amazon. I'm like a giddy school girl.

And if everything goes to plan I might just have a special surprise in nine months.

Pre ordered off Amazon. I'm like a giddy school girl.

And if everything goes to plan I might just have a special surprise in nine months.

Photos or it never happened :)
(And yes, I felt much the same when I finally managed to pre-order last night)

Top Bottom