The Witcher 3 - Kepler GPU

+

vladgiurgiubv

thanks for the reply !
i had no idea it was illegal. i assumed to do reverse engineering would be pretty much like taking apart a machine to know what's wrong, for troubelshooting purposes. oh well, i guess it'd be convenient for them, otherwise some programming wizard might point out their blunders, and the s***storm will ensure XD

I think the Nvidia Agreement you sign every time you download the driver states that you agree not to reverse engineer their software...but who knows? never read it :)

30 fps not accepted. Wait option from CDPR for teselation on/off , 64 tess is really strong)

Last edited:
ultra and gameworks takes like -25 fps off my framerate. how is it possible that 900 series cards get a consistent 60 fps maxed outt when its just only 10 fps better?

It feels like this game isn't even utilising my cpu, I even overclocked my i7 5820k to 4.2ghz and still gettind low 30 fps with occassional dips into 20's. High with no hair works is the only way to get a consistent 60 fps.

So let me get this right. All you 700 series GPU people are complaining because the 900 series GPU's are getting better results? As someone in another post quoted, which had to do with consequences of choices and if you missed something then you can't go back and get it, (Gwent card from innkeeper in White Orchard) deal with it. Same thing goes for this too. How can you expect older technology such as the Kepler to do better then the new technology Maxwell? That's like comparing oranges to apples. And the 780Ti is not their flagship anymore, its the 980. The 780Ti is overpriced.

The problem isn't that the 900 series is performing so much better than the 700 series per se; that's just something that arises suspicion. Do you really think that Nvidia would have released the 900 cards at the price points they did if they had really achieved so much higher performance? In the GPU wars we're accustomed to seeing, Nvidia usually tends to hold back the full potential of the technology they have available, and only wait until AMD releases something to then simply top them by a customary margin. Now, I'm not saying that's the way it should be; if we didn't live in the turbo-capitalist society we live in, maybe Nvidia and companies in general would act for the sake of technological progress to benefit society, and yet capital is always the ultimate goal. But that's another topic entirely.

HOWEVER, the actual issue with Kepler is that users have claimed a performance DECREASE with the newest drivers compared to older ones. As Nvidia reps have acknowledged (took long enough), there's clearly an issue with these new drivers.

patch 1.4
I look at the forum a lot of complaints about the temperature of the GPU 80+
it's true? what other surprises will bring us this game :devil:

patch 1.4
I look at the forum a lot of complaints about the temperature of the GPU 80+
it's true? what other surprises will bring us this game :devil:

Yes, it's true, sadly... Yday 65 (1.03), today 70+(1.04 same settings, Windforce 780Ti OC), with those Vsync off , unlimited fps and maximum performance so called "fixes" (because I'm crashing like other 700 and 900 series users) it fries up my card up to 80+ which is totally unacceptable... Well "Polish are polishing" their game... what a joke :D

ultra and gameworks takes like -25 fps off my framerate. how is it possible that 900 series cards get a consistent 60 fps maxed outt when its just only 10 fps better?
This is because 900 series cards are way faster at tessellation than 700 series cards. We need a tessellation slider for sure!

Yet another Kepler user here - GTX 760, modest but capable card which shouldn't be performing all that badly..?Everything of note has already been said, but after reading around about this issue, it seems a tessellation slider is what nvidia cards need - there's plenty of threads on reddit and the like Re: AMD cards playing at high FPS with hairworks enabled, losing just 5fps! (subject to adjusting the AA levels on the hairs also) - imo this shouldn't be so damning for nvidia gameworks tech on their OWN cards! Is there really a need for x64 tessellation?!...

---------- Updated at 05:25 PM ----------

*couldn't edit my last post*, but...there's this informative article on the AMD>Kepler performance on nvidia gameworks: just hit translate from Italian..http://www.kingdomgame.it/news/8993-amd-mette-la-pezza-a-the-witcher-3-nvidia-lavora-su-un-driver-per-kepler

This is because 900 series cards are way faster at tessellation than 700 series cards. We need a tessellation slider for sure!

I'm not sure how, the specs are not the different and the benchmarks on various games and applications show that the differences are minuscule at best. The best explanation is a shady business practice by pulling an Apple, forcing people to buy the newest version every year.

I knew it! I knew he game should run faster on my system... it can't be that I could run TW2 on ultra @ 50-60 fps and TW3 doesn't even come close to 30 on high.

Top Bottom