The Witcher 3 PC Ultra vs. Ps4 - no difference, downgraded

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
*bitternote*
if Witcher 3 was an online game, i'd be happy. Because i don't have to spend time with you playing the game.
Now, i feel just sorry for you.
harhar ...
You missed sth. while reading my post. This is my game of the year and i dont realy care about the downgrade but it has to be said and to be claimed.

Its hard to not notice bit downgrade...its really close to ps4 version.

Looks like interior lighting took a hit also.

Attachments

• w3-inn.jpg
    w3-inn.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 51
Lots of sites (Gamestar.de, etc.) are showing maxed out footage from version 1.02 (day 1 patch), and the PC Ultra settings are basically a joke. It is virtually indistinguishable from the PS4, and everything looks worse. Do people really expect some miracle patch to restore the visuals/features seen in the 35min demo?

No, those visuals will never come back and it still looks really great.

Sorry but I am going to open my mouth and speak up - not about the downgrade issue because I actually don't care that much anymore. But why does these threads always have to get filled up by tons of people yelling oh another one downgrade thread, in before the lock, sigh a new user complaining and so on.

This issue is apparently important to many since the internet is cramp with videos, threads and twitters feeds about it. And here it gets locked away and I must say I don't believe that only the downgraders are to be blamed. Why? Because by writing post like that you are only fueling the "downgraders" in the agendaand creating a hostile enviroment even before the discussion has started and how can they respond by any other way than in anger when they are greeted like that.

Maybe the user that came here posting for his first time about this issue were in fact a new user with a concern and the first greeting he gets is oh another one of you downgrader. Maybe instead greet the newcomer and politely ask him to wait till the game is out or just don't write at all. You are only fueling a neverending flamewar.

And I must say I find it ironic that just a few months back people on this very forum were bashing Neograf for being uncivilized, childish and whatnot and yet they seem to be able to have a calm, constructive and mature conversion about this subject without pointless one liners.

Why is this not possible on this forum anymore I simply wonder? As the mods say if you don't have anything to contribute then don't write at all and if you do keep it civil. How hard can it be?

I am not new here. On year ago i had an acc named the same as now but it got cancled cause of inactivity or sth like that. The game wont get any graphical update till release ... who thinks sth else is naive. Btw. i hate my self now cause i made such thread. I ignored the "Downgrade - screamers" , but i was just impressed by that video which shown the nearly not excisting difference.

There is no final PC version yet. This thread is crap.

Dude, seriously. Would you guys stop claiming things like that? We have well-known PC gaming magazines and journalists saying they received their PC versions (Gamestar, PCGames), even going so far as to show the game version in the menu (1.02, same as PS4 after their patch).

U made my day. Compare screen vs twitch stream

Even with twitch quality you can see that its bit downgraded.Its ok for me im story fag , i cant wait to play the game.No one talks aboutr story or side quest and exploration and all that CDPR achieved and pulled by game and whats impress me the most.But , but.... PC hardcore gamers will be and prolly are furious that their game looks really close to ps4 (i got 980/i7 5820/16gb dd4 ram my self but i dont consider myself hardcore PC gamer)

This video shows huge downgrade better:

Hmm, after watching this vid and the side by side comparisons of PC vs the trialer.....i do kind of prefer the "softer" look of the PC version. I think this is the different sharpening filter in action.

Having said that, it is dissapointing how PC Ultra is barely any different to the console versions considering the possible power that PC gamers have available to us.

You can't fix stupid :)
(sigh)
Why are some people so stooopid....lol

This looks way better than any open world rpg to date.
All I got is thanks & apprecition for these devs who worked so hard to make this game world so believable.
Now apply that to your real world life, Earth Kicks Ass & Life is a Gift...but it's not good enough, all I hear are complaints!
Whatever..go to bed ;)

Last edited:
Can we all be happy now? It was confirmed by CDPR that PC gets exclusive features like "60 fps" and "resolution". What more could we ask for?

Have there been any videos with the Sharpen setting on? Most videos I've seen have it set to off and I was wondering how it looked on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom