The Witcher 3 - PC, Xbox One or PS4?

+

The Witcher 3 - PC, Xbox One or PS4?

• Total voters
I'll be playing on PS4 myself. I don't have a good enough PC to play the game on.

I'm quite surprised the XB1 doesn't have a bigger following in the poll though.

I played TW1 and TW2 on PC, however my gaming device is getting old and since I don't have money for a new rig I opted for PS4.
Playing TW2 with keyboard and mouse was atrocious for me.
Still I'm perfectly aware that PC has its perks yet i'm ok with losing them for the sake of simplicity and comfort.

I'm quite surprised the XB1 doesn't have a bigger following in the poll though.

Not sure probably because TW3 on PS4 is 1080p??

That´s what I was saying .... Some pc gamers was took by surprise due to The Witcher 3 technical specifications and CDPR could do us a favor to biuld an on-line platform to bring to this next title ours previews world settings.

I think this would realy bring The Witcher 3 to a Premium status, because interchange between platforms is really required when we talk about games with a long story where choices and consequences deal real changes in gameplay, characters behavior and in the world where it run.

I´m not sure, but I eard something about background generator for storyline of TW1 and TW2 to cause impact on TW3 world. I thing this could be fair....

I built a new PC in 2011 (i5 2500k, 560ti 8gb ram) for Witcher 2 in 2011. This year I bought a 980 a few months ago in preparation for Witcher 3.

PC is the way to go for me..you just can't beat the graphical fidelity and framerate that it can offer and the freedom to change the options to get the desired effects.

You sure, you want to share a mature game, with gore, sex & nudity with your family? :D

Sure. A couple of my daughters will probably play it too...

---------- Updated at 05:55 PM ----------

I'll name several reasons why Xbox One is my platform of choice and not simply a PC 'second best.

1) I don't possess a PC at all (I have a Mac).
2) I like equipment that more or less 'just works', I often read about PC gamers arguing about drivers and conflicts and issues, I just don't want that.
3) I have a very comfortable sofa and a large TV, my family usually 'live' elsewhere in the house on their PCs/phones so I get the Xbox mostly to myself.
4) The Xbox One resolution looks gorgeous, I struggle to see the difference in comparison videos.
5) Controllers are very comfortable to use over messing about with KB/M.
6) I'm a Tomb Raider fan and am pleased to have the console that is tied in to that franchise (currently).

Of course your mileage may vary, but clearly different folk like the different platforms for different reasons, and that's fine.

4) The Xbox One resolution looks gorgeous, I struggle to see the difference in comparison videos.
5) Controllers are very comfortable to use over messing about with KB/M.
6) I'm a Tomb Raider fan and am pleased to have the console that is tied in to that franchise (currently).

While it was me who said all platforms have their pros and cons, you went a bit too far with the above ones. They are more a matter of personal preference rather than a deciding advantage.

4) Xbox One resolution is currently the weakest of all three platforms. Sorry cannot agree there at all.
5) I find controllers more messy than the freedom and precision I get with KB/M.
6) And that's the reason why I hate politics and bribing in video gaming industry, those timed exclusivity deals only give bragging rights to the owners of that particular platform and nothing else.

Although you mentioned that the choice may vary from person to person, those points just invite more flaming.

Last edited:
although im primarily a pc gamer have been for long time now i do own a ps4 and after looking at requirements im going with the ps4 version

Same with me Lesskarr, I pre-ordered on PC but then realised I couldn't run it so pre-ordered for PS4. I'll play the PC version later in the year when I build a better rig.

I'm getting the PC version as I went Wii U/PC combination this console generation and I want to keep the franchise for myself on PC anyway.

New Tomb Raider bleh microsoft can keep it, I prefer the classics.

I have a middling PC but have bought the PC version. I may convince the wife to get the ps4 version if she likes it enough. She would never play on pc.

While it was me who said all platforms have their pros and cons, you went a bit too far with the above ones. They are more a matter of personal preference rather than a deciding advantage.

4) Xbox One resolution is currently the weakest of all three platforms. Sorry cannot agree there at all.
5) I find controllers more messy than the freedom and precision I get with KB/M.
6) And that's the reason why I hate politics and bribing in video gaming industry, those timed exclusivity deals only give bragging rights to the owners of that particular platform and nothing else.

Although you mentioned that the choice may vary from person to person, those points just invite more flaming.

I'm going to persist with a sensible non-flaming dialogue, because I think the point is an interesting one.

People typically don't have multiple platforms running the same game, set up side-by-side to actually compare the graphics, so we rely on resolution comparison videos and technical specifications about how many 'p' something has. You are quite correct that XB1 has the weakest resolution, but when I personally look at comparison videos, that weakness, to my eyes is indistinguishable. I can see the difference vs an Xbox 360. I was certainly not arguing that the game is not of a visually marginal higher resolution on PC/PS4, but that does not mean it does not look gorgeous on an XB1. It's a bit like the 4k discussion, if my eyesight can't discern a difference is it just a marketing difference? My car has a top speed of 90mph, yours has 108mph, but we both drive on public roads.

Oh, and KB/M v Controller is probably just what people are used to. Clearly PC gives more interface options (more keys) but if the game is standardised then no issue. I don't like timed exclusives either. I find them unhelpful and divisive.

Eh guys at the end it's just a matter of preferences/resources you can dedicate to gaming.
It's clear that everyone will believe that his/her choice is the best one so I don't see a point in arguing too much.
The only thing that is a fact and not an opinion is that PC is vastly superior in terms of graphical quality and modding opportunities.
The rest is just personal preferences. (spoke by someone who is going to play TW3 on PS4 btw).

Last edited:
Please, I'll be playing The Witcher 3 on the Gamecube. It is coming out on the Gamecube right?

But seriously, PS4. I admit I'm jealous of you PC guys with mods, but honestly I don't think mods worth the hassle of paying £300 or more for a computer that can run this, and then have to try and understand how they work if something goes wrong or pay a fee to fix it, when I can just turn on a button, put in a disc k and play. TBH, mods are the only sore point for PC over console to me.

Of course PC wins if someone have console probably will never visit this forum ;)

I assume you're talking about the poll? Yes, I'd expect there to be more PC users here. But I think there's still a fair number of console players in the forum.

I assume you're talking about the poll? Yes, I'd expect there to be more PC users here. But I think there's still a fair number of console players in the forum.
Yes, poll.
But it would be interesting to see pre order numbers PC/ps4/xbox. Bet consoles would win.

Top Bottom