The Witcher 3 PS5 4.00 issue list and wishlist

+
I would love for the devs to allow us to remove some of the predownload mods.

For example https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2788/

This combat rebalce mod has amazing features but there is one i dont like.

Enemies dont get tougher if they out lv you. I was playing the unupgraded witcher 3 on death march and the devil in the well whisp was hard to kill.

But on this version i killed it in like 10 seconds. I thought i turned down the difficulty then i did some research and found exactially what the combat mod does.

"Removed huge arbitrary stat buffs on enemies with skull icons. They are already higher level than player, that alone makes them more difficult.
• Allowed to parry and counterattack enemies with skull icons."

I eeally enjoyed the no hit aspect of death march.

Ive been playing all the way to act2 and i havent died.

Please allow us to remove mods

Ps i found out they still do the same dammage but they have the same health.

PS5 4.0 version settings bug, played normally untill today, my game saves are working fine, can play with no problem, but settings keep resetting everytime i start the game, have to change everytime my screen, gamma, controls, etc.

Will this be fixed or is only a bug of my game.

You could also add that the fan on PS5 is running at full speed at the time. First game that does this to my PS5!

Edit: before anyone ask, yes the PS5 is clean and has good airflow (wall mounted). I did follow the instructions on how to clear the cache (shutdown > unplug for 2+ minutes > turn on). Like I said, this is the first game that has the fan running like hell constantly!

Last edited:
Some additional issues to add to this. All observed in performance mode. Hopefully patchable.

- Intermittent blurring of character textures in dialogue scenes. It’s like it switches to a different LOD whenever a character moves — even slightly (which is a lot). Dynamic resolution scaling perhaps? Way more obvious on Geralt than other characters. It‘s relatively subtle but incredibly distracting when you notice it.
- Witcher senses cause noticeable slowdown and degradation in frame rate in Novigrad. Nowhere near B&W so can’t test if it’s also the case in Beauclair. Frame rate is fine when running about normally but chugs the moment you press L2. Absolutely fine everywhere else in Velen. Including Oxenfurt.
- Playtime is not registering on the PS5 OS.
- Music will sometimes stop looping, leaving complete silence. Moving to another region will solve. But it’s distracting.
- As others have mentioned, massive hitches and stuttering when autosaving.

Hoping these issues can be addressed quickly as they’re the only things really preventing this from being a perfect experience.

I've waited 2 years to play Witcher 3 with raytracing. Your telling me I have to wait more than 1 week to recieve a patch/hotfix on my Xbox series X? Cause both PS5 and Xbox are running into the same exact issues. PC similar too ..what a mess I've been feeling sad I can't play my game as desired at launch :[

I agree. I really want to play it with RT enable, but bro... the performance is unacceptable. Really, really bad..

And don't get me wrong performance looks great still. But I'm still saving to continue my playthrough once they patch raytracing. Are you going to do the same my friend? or just stick with performance mode

Stuttering during autosaves/quest updates on ps5 are pretty annoying. Hope they gonna fix this. Because of that I'm losing feeling of fluently of the game. (Performance mode)
Also, it's me or there is like ~30 fps on the map window?

And don't get me wrong performance looks great still. But I'm still saving to continue my playthrough once they patch raytracing. Are you going to do the same my friend? or just stick with performance mode
I'll definitely wait for a RT patch. Aside from the fact that RT mode is way more beautiful, believe it or not, I have "motion sickness" and most of the 60fps games makes me sick and I feel nauseous..

It would be great if there was an option to disable the vignette effect on consoles, as there is in the PC version.

The effect is also very strange at night time, brightening the edges of the screen rather than darkening.

It’s a deal breaker for my current playthrough, unfortunately, so I hope this can be addressed!

If real life is more than 60fps 🤔 how does one get motion sickness? I understand what you mean but idk how this can happen to someone. Maybe they just aren't used to playing on 60fps.

I just started playing the PS5 next-gen update (version 4.001) with ray tracing mode enabled, and I’m getting some strange flashing/flickering graphical glitch on objects in the distant background. I first noticed the issue when looking out from the balcony at Kaer Morhen. The mountains of Kaer Morhen and other distant objects were constantly flashing/flickering in brightness. Another user who is having the same issue posted a video of the glitch on Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Witcher3/comments/zldww5

Don't worry we just need to wait until they release a patch as it's confirmed all platforms are being worked on for further improvements. Please though it really is going to help them out if you go to the Cdproject technical support website choose your platform, update your playing in, and get as specific as you can labeling the issues you are facing. They will listen and actually are listening as much as we naturally want to be in the darkness doubting.

I ran to another problem and i didnt find anyone talking about it. Currently i have a problem after finishing a quest which included me going into a cave where there is this ambient creepy music playing, when i came out of the cave the music was still playing. When im playing gwent the creepy music goes on. Im really annoyed by it and i cnat find any help and noone is talking about it. Do you guys know anything about it?

If real life is more than 60fps 🤔 how does one get motion sickness? I understand what you mean but idk how this can happen to someone. Maybe they just aren't used to playing on 60fps.
My guess is because when playing we get a lot of fast camera movements, even though we are stand still. I don't have too many issues when playing games with lesser camera movements, like soccer or other slow paced games.

I ran to another problem and i didnt find anyone talking about it. Currently i have a problem after finishing a quest which included me going into a cave where there is this ambient creepy music playing, when i came out of the cave the music was still playing. When im playing gwent the creepy music goes on. Im really annoyed by it and i cnat find any help and noone is talking about it. Do you guys know anything about it?
If you didn't, try to clear the cache (help me on Xbox for similar issues on few other games).

Save game screen: Not showing any saved game file.
Load game screen: it only shows the old save file from game version 1.62.

Core issue?: Restarting the game is resetting every setting in the game such as small HUD becomes Large HUD, Inverting cameras and auto sheating the swords and so on becomes it's default setting. Also while revisiting the old save file without actually attempting to load a old save file is giving an error message saying (CE-!07112-2). Saving the game is not creating a save file at all which is forcing me to put PS5 in rest mode which is something i don't really recommend as ps5 has an history for not booting it up when putting it on rest mode.

Next Attempt?: Reinstalling the game is not solving the issues at all.

Solution: i can only wait for a patch fix.
I am experiencing the same issue. Reinstalled, cleared the PS5 cache. The problem still remains.

I'm facing a lot of crashes on PS5. Not to mention the low performance on RT mode. It's really annoying how CDPR always takes so long to release a console patch. It have been like this since it's original release, back in 2015.

Top Bottom