The Witcher 3 Ruined My Gaming Life....

+
You can't play anything else because witcher 3 rised the bar very high, the game is beautiful, it has depth, plot and plays with your emotions.. it was really touching.. Now I've finished it I am on the same boat like you guys.. Hope they continue the series.. let's do a demand club for witcher 4 :D .. btw, I was never fan of sci-fi rpgs, RPG = Fantasy for me.. swords, monsters, magic and close combats.. The ACE of cdpr is the witcher series and it should continue... :)

Feeling same here... Can't play anything but Witcher now... Finishing the game was such a huge hit... Took days to recover and still in process...
Really an amazing game, and it's the first time ever I started a second playthrough of a game right after I finished it for the first time.

That being said I am sad that we might never see another game like this... Or if we do, it will take years... I am usually not a fan of sci fi though exceptions can be made but for me the ultimate RPGs, those I love the most are all fantasy with swords/magic etc so this is the perfect game for me I suppose for the close decade or two unless they do decide to make Witcher 4 somehow... :p

Anyways feeling really lucky I live in the same era Witcher 3 was released to experience it fresh! Truly an exceptional experience :D

We need The Witcher 3 clone games. Is there any game like tw3 in the horizon right now ?

Sigh... Afraid not...
Only expansions obviously, can't wait for them...
Maybe Mass Effect 4? lol... Doubt it will scratch 1/3rd of TW3... Plus sci fi... No fantasy RPG games I know of coming out anytime soon unfortunately.

Wait until Virtual Reality hit the market, it'll be fun. I hope TW3 will support VR.

Well there's Fallout 4 I suppose, but I really can't see how it could possible surpass TW3.
To me TW3 is kinda like Pink Floyd, totally one of a kind.

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot about Mass Effect 4, but seriously looking at what was done to Dragon Age: Inquisition my hopes aren't high for that one.

Well, good thing that the game has so much replayability at least.

---------- Updated at 08:49 PM ----------

Well there's Fallout 4 I suppose, but I really can't see how it could possible surpass TW3.
To me TW3 is kinda like Pink Floyd, totally one of a kind.

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot about Mass Effect 4, but seriously looking at what was done to Dragon Age: Inquisition my hopes aren't high for that one.

Bioware is garbage since EA bought them. Fallout 4 like all Bethesda games will probably have a nice open world but really shitty story.

Well, good thing that the game has so much replayability at least.

---------- Updated at 08:49 PM ----------

Bioware is garbage since EA bought them. Fallout 4 like all Bethesda games will probably have a nice open world but really shitty story.

Totally agree. And as for replayability for TW3, it's not even just that but the fact that it's absolutely MASSIVE. I mean I'm well over 100 hours in and still in Valen. This is one of those 6 month first playthrough games for me. I may never leave....

This thread sums up exactly how I'm feeling right now. TW3 was my first Witcher game so I ran through it on normal difficulty. Soon as I finished the main story, I fired up a whole new story on Deaths March. This game raised the bar BIG TIME. I'm wishing I had played the two previous games.

Oh, and BTW, I have the same problem with Witcher books. Nothing else is good enough after that :(

Now now, let's not exaggerate... Witcher the game is a masterpiece in its genre because there are little game as this one (especially in the last years), but books it's another thing. The saga of the Witcher as a book can either be good, but it is crap in comparison at many works of literature. Let's no go there. Even Tolkien is crap in comparison to serious literature.

You probably are young so you haven't read many books, but if you will do then you will understand what I mean. For how good fantasy books are they cannot hold a candle to something like the Faust of Goethe, for example, the Paradise Lost of Milton or Alastor the Spirit of Solitude of Swinburne.

Last edited:
Totally agree. And as for replayability for TW3, it's not even just that but the fact that it's absolutely MASSIVE. I mean I'm well over 100 hours in and still in Valen. This is one of those 6 month first playthrough games for me. I may never leave....

Do not give in to the temptation to finish the game quickly... play it slowly and suck everything in, its a 100 times better that way.

The fact that it is massive is nice for the replayability too, because you won't remember everything as well as you would with a short game, and you can replay it in a few months and have a relatively fresh experience.

Guest 3823474

This game sets the bar ... to no more booze for the devs until they learn proper UI design.
LOL. :D

But yeah, it's funny. Some people complained about the sluggish movement controls. I played LOTRO today and the super-responsive controls felt cheesy and unimmersive to me. (OK, they are generally bad, but still. Wouldn't have expected that. I now fully realize that the way movement controls are designed in Witcher 3 gives an actual impression of physical weight and inertia and such. ... And of course they also entice you to think about your next moves.)

---------- Updated at 11:49 PM ----------

You probably are young so you haven't read many books, but if you will do then you will understand what I mean. For how good fantasy books are they cannot hold a candle to something like the Faust of Goethe, for example, the Paradise Lost of Milton or Alastor the Spirit of Solitude of Swinburne.
Enjoy your spirit of solitude with that view, Swineburn.

( Just teasing. ;-) )

Last edited by a moderator:
That game was brilliant. Such dark atmosphere, that hospital with people dying from plague, in the last chapter the town on fire and humans and scoiatel fighting each other at every corner. That Bruxae Brothel !!! Oh man, such charismatic npcs, they would get me absorbed inside the game, so many dialogue lines, huge dialogues.
Not to mention all the random NPCs walking around town you could have conversations with. It wasnt like Witcher 3 where nameless NPCs just repeat the same drivel. In Witcher 1, some of them actually had fully fleshed out, scripted conversations about current events. Some of them even gave you loot or tipped you off to quests. Definitely the best "living world" ever depicted in a video-game, IMO.

Last edited:

Guest 3823474

Not to mention all the random NPCs walking around town you could have conversations with. It wasnt like Witcher 3 where nameless NPCs just repeat the same drivel. In Witcher 1, some of them actually had fully fleshed out, scripted conversations about current events. Some of them even gave you loot or tipped you off to quests. Definitely the best "living world" ever depicted in a video-game, IMO.

It is definitely disappointing that they didn't have the finesse to ensure NPCs in W3 don't repeat the same damn line every single time you pass them.
When I say Crow's Perch and Novigrad whore, you know what I mean, right?
Or raining and pouring. Two words I don't want to hear for a while.
Those little details are really harming immersion. Less is often more. And all it would have required is some RNG action.

Seriously, the witcher has pretty much ruined other games for me. They got sooo much right, it is unbelievable. I have a feeling I am going to be very disappointing in other companies games after this. I think CDPR has pretty much skyrocketed to the top of my favorite gaming company. This is probably one of the very few companies that get the coveted instant buy on preorder for their games. I cannot wait to see what they do with cyberpunk 2077.

I agree the game is amazing , im on my second run atm , it didnt ruin gaming for me though im highly anticipating the Batman Arkham Knight ( Rocksteady are as awesome as CDPR ) which looks like it will be amazing and then later Uncharted 4 , and Tomb Raider......Different type of games but great ones nonetheless.

Precisely ! I finally met a person who understands the brilliance behind The Witcher 1 ! Cheers friend !

Well I have pretty much same feeling. I tried couple games after, but nothing could get me excited anymore. Everything is so shallow in comparison with Witcher. But I try look on this like it is positive thing. If I get game like this each month, my social and professional life will be destroyed. Now I have couple of years until Cyberpunk 2077 to my non-gaming life.

The Witcher.

Outskirts and Lakeside...Period.

Oh yes ! The Outskirts at night was so omnious and even scary. The barghests ! The Beast !!!!!!! LOL ! So many people had problems with that Boss.
The Beast... Now that was a badass Boss. I'm almost quitting TW3 and starting up TW1 !!!!
:hai:

Top Bottom