The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt -- 16 free DLCs for everyone!

+
A really big dlc for around $15 would be nice. If cd project red ever requires you to pay for dlc you can expect to get your moneys worth.
I say, anywhere from $39.99 to $29.99, $24.99, $19.99. / $14.99 seems to cheap, if it's new locations with 20 hours or so of fresh gameplay.
It has to be really good quality that lives up to the rest of the games quality tho. CDPR knows what's worth what, but as of now... I just want to play the wild hunt, I hope it's fun! ;)

Just want to say thanks as a gamer it does mean a lot. This game looks amazing can't wait to go on a adventure and explore to open world you created...

just want to say that this developer keeps surprising me,

this is rarely seen or even never been seen before, except maybe low priced dlc or free dlc to apologize for crooked launch dates like Ubisoft :p but free content announcements prior to the actual release?

Thats gotta be the first time ever ...

Hats of

Kind regards

lhq ...

Refreshing to see a Developer take a stance for gamers. Been burned by so many games in the last year. I hope the Witcher 3 breaks that trend for me. Thank you CDPR. I look forward to playing your game.

Just want to say thanks as a gamer it does mean a lot. This game looks amazing can't wait to go on a adventure and explore to open world you created...

Thanks CDPR. Because of you I 'm not buying any other companies' games anymore. Tired of being treated as an ATM. =). I hope you guys achieve more success with GOG too.

just want to say that this developer keeps surprising me,

this is rarely seen or even never been seen before, except maybe low priced dlc or free dlc to apologize for crooked launch dates like Ubisoft :p but free content announcements prior to the actual release?

Thats gotta be the first time ever ...

Hats of

Kind regards

lhq ...

Refreshing to see a Developer take a stance for gamers. Been burned by so many games in the last year. I hope the Witcher 3 breaks that trend for me. Thank you CDPR. I look forward to playing your game.

Personally I am very glad to see that there are so many opinions that are positive and encouraging the developers to do what they're doing, and that's being awesome. Sure they could have released the game on the date set before, but then it would have major bugs and we would all be kind of disappointed with the optimization. They're taking it slow but sure, making the third installment of the Witcher series, one of my favorite franchises ever, the best that they can, and that is something that should be respected and admired. I cannot wait to play The Witcher 3, I have pre-purchased it on Steam a long time ago and I am sticking with it. I can't wait to have several thousand hours on it on Steam. You're doing great, guys! I believe in CPDR and Witcher 3!

As a fan of "the witcher" games i'm really looking forward to play The Wild Hunt and the DLC's too (i already got the game via gog.com :D ), but i do have two questions : Is the game will unlock before May 19th for the ones who pre-ordered the game like me for exemple, any informations about that ?? And my seconde question : Why don't you try to make a software with the gog.com team a software like steam where you can download/purchase games from it with achievements and stuff and also a good interface ? are you thinking about making something like that in the futur ?? Thnx :)

Best Regards
TerraTuber

It will simultaneously unlock worldwide at 01:00 CET/00:00 BST on the 19th May. This will mean a "later" release local time for Australia (for example), and "earlier" for US/Brazil etc.

There will be an opportunity to download ahead of time, details are afaik still to be confirmed, but "around a week" has been suggested and seems normal for this type of release.

W2 EE had "acheivements" in game in GOG version... maybe not quite the same as Steam's snooping and tracking, but more than nothing.

Just wanted to officially give my applause and "thank yous" for treating the gaming community with and like this! I really hope people take notice of this and
1) other companies follow suit and do the same and
2) you guys all make a ton of $$ for people purchasing your game and merchandise!

Thanks again!

Last edited:
It's a marketing tactic like any other. The key word of the day being 'FREE'. It's a business - they're not doing this out of the goodness of their hearts, regardless of what some would like to believe. This isn't a sunshine and apple pie move, it's intentional and well thought out. Of course, this is my view/opinion.

That's why the real meat & potatoes content is an additional $20 - which based on the content we've been told, is very generous indeed.
Bear in mind - this is one of the first times we've actually made a distinction between downloadable content and expansions. DLC, regardless of length or content - used to be one and the same.

It's a marketing tactic like any other. The key word of the day being 'FREE'. It's a business - they're not doing this out of the goodness of their hearts, regardless of what some would like to believe. This isn't a sunshine and apple pie move, it's intentional and well thought out. Of course, this is my view/opinion.

That's why the real meat & potatoes content is an additional $20 - which based on the content we've been told, is very generous indeed.
Bear in mind - this is one of the first times we've actually made a distinction between downloadable content and expansions. DLC, regardless of length or content - used to be one and the same.

CDPR pretty much been drawing that distinction since Witcher 2. They always been very clear that they would not charge for small additions like horse armor and skins. They also definitely aren't the first company to use the term "expansion" to separate their content from the typical DLC the industry is become known for -- When Rockstar introduced its two big GTA4 add ons, it was using the same terminology.

And yes, of course it is a business move. However, its still a move that other businesses don't make which is what makes it appreciable.

I agree that it's a marketing move, but I don't think that marketing and generosity can't mix. If this is a marketing move that I benefit from as a customer, then more of this marketing, please. Of course, we still need to see what the DLC actually is. I hope it doesn't turn out to be much ado about nothing.

So, have the actually announced what all of the DLC's will be yet? I know they said closer to release more detail would be provided, but so far, I haven't seen anything posted. Getting curious to see what else is being offered.

There are .ini notations for alternative looks for Ciri, Triss & Yennefer, Gwent cards.

We also know already about Temerian Armour Set (including horse armour set), Beard & Hairstyles set, Lost Miners Quest.

The rest to be announced in due course.

They also definitely aren't the first company to use the term "expansion" to separate their content from the typical DLC the industry is become known for -- When Rockstar introduced its two big GTA4 add ons, it was using the same terminology.

Totaly agreed. That also remind me Frozen Throne.

There are .ini notations for alternative looks for Ciri, Triss & Yennefer, Gwent cards.
We also know already about Temerian Armour Set (including horse armour set), Beard & Hairstyles set, Lost Miners Quest.

Probably, most of DLC will be small add, like alternative skins. Also, I read that the Temerian armour set was giving some inventory slots.

Top Bottom