The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Retail PC Version FAQ

+
I am still waiting for news about the retail boxed version that doesn't need to download files from the internet before the game can work.

Need official word. It's been nearly 2 months now after release.

When can we buy The Witcher 3 PC retail boxed version there internet in not needed to install and play the game.

"Copies of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt produced after launch will not contain this security feature." Can we get an update?

I would suggest contacting the support email address directly rather than waiting for a specific forum announcement.

Actually, your best source of info is probably the distributor responsible for retail copies in whatever region you're in.

Hi there, whoever reads this :D
I have all 3 game as digital version on steam and my only regret is that I don't have a hard, material, retail version of this awesome series =(
Are there any plans in the upcoming moths/year to release an all 3 games in one thrillogy pack which I could put next to my witcher book and other games collection??
(please let the answer be yes, at leat a maybe^^)

Support for this game fucking sucks.
last time I ever buy anything with out a disk.

Where the hell do I find this code I'm supposed to have with the download version? And where the fckin hell is the patch? And I'm not downloading any bullshit soft wear such as steam.

And before I'm admonished for my choice of words here....you have played this fucking game right? I thought I could curse...then I heard language in this game that even shocked me. And I'm an old ass gamer.

everyone who beta tested this thing should be shot, drawn/quartered, flogged and raped with a baseball bat. IMO. WORST JOB EVER.

---------- Updated at 11:31 PM ----------

I don't have time to hunt down patches, I supposed to be hunting monsters.

Would you like to explain exactly what the problem is?
"last time I ever buy anything with out a disk."
That sounds as though you got a downloaded version of the game. Where did you get it, what version is it, and why do you think it needs to be patched?

yes it was a download from GOG.com. Version was 1.06 am patching to 1.08 as I'm typing took me for fucking hours to figure it out and I'm an OLD gamer. Was a beta tester for 1CMaddox Games / Ubisoft for the IL-2 Series of flight sims, also Alpha tester for World of War planes for War Gaming, and was closed beta tester for War Thunder.
So I kinda know what I'm talking about when I say your beta testers should all be flogged repeatedly. Worst job I've ever seen. 1.06 has so many bugs you couldn't kill them all with a truckload of Raid. I'm running on a BRAND NEW i7 ROG Asus rig that is a month old.

Your manner of asking for assistance aside, which 'download version' do you have? Steam or GOG.com?
Apology for those piss poor manner, hypoglycemic. Needed to eat. And I am a copperhead after all. I bite first & ask questions latter. It's in my nature. it's kinda just what I do.

In any case I believe the problem has been solved. Wonderful customer support. Good Job. :rant:

I'm running on a BRAND NEW i7 ROG Asus rig that is a month old.

As an old gamer you should know this right here pushes you to the extremes of "whats been tested for, due predictable high incidence". Thanks for calming down a bit, such raving doesn't go down too well, anywhere, and doesn't help in describing what exactly the problem is.

Q: Do I need Internet access to install the retail PC version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt?
A: The initial, pre-premiere retail PC batch of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt needs to download a file from our servers to allow play. This file will either be downloaded automatically during installation process or you can choose to download it manually from a dedicated website. Since we have no DRM in the game, this is a security measure we needed to incorporate so the game doesn’t leak during the production process. No worries, the file will not be big. Copies of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt produced after launch will not contain this security feature.

Is the pre-premiere retail batch already sold out and another one on the way where it isn't necessary to dl the file?

Hello.
Sorry for necroposting, but did anything change with retail copy policy for past years?
I see nice GOTY edition of W3 in my local store. Russian, 1C-Softclub. But I cant buy it because I need Steam version of W3. Please tell me that CD project changed theirs mind and there is the way to convert this GOG key int a Steam one. By talking to support or something, I don't know.

Top Bottom