The Witcher 3 windows 10 performance issues

+
The Witcher 3 windows 10 performance issues

Hello,

I feel regret, i did install windows 10 but now it seems the witcher 3 lags as hell under sli setup with 3 x 980 gtx cards. On windows 8 everything ran very smooth.

Anyone got advice ( beside reinstalling windows 8 )

No concrete advice but you're running a setup that's just asking for all kinds of trouble. Triple SLI? I'd almost expect issues with new software like Windows 10.

I wouldn't blame Win 10 either, I just upgraded a few days ago and I actually gained FPS. Witcher 3 runs much better. I'm on a single GTX 980ti (MSI Gaming), 1440p GSYNC display and I'm getting between 50 and 65 FPS constantly including Novigrad.

I'd say wait for driver updates and keep your fingers crossed. That or remove / disable one card and run two which is bound to have less problems.

I'm running 2 x gtx 980's on win 10 ... Same Performance as with win 8.1 ... I have noticed that on win 10 the game runs max memory (3 gb +) on both gpu's where with win 8.1 it used around 1.5gb of mem per gpu

Strange.

Everything lags on SLI under windows 10 now.
I guess i need to wait for new graphic adapter drivers.

Pity though since it all ran well on windows 8.

Do NOT waste your time and reinstall your Windows or whatever, these are the types of issues you sign up for when you choose things like multi GPU cards, or jumping on brand new operating systems.... that's the game you signed up for basically...
I mean unless you don't know much about computers and just had your local shop built you the most expensive one and you were expecting to play everything flawlessly maxed out at 4k... unfortunately it should be, but it's not how it works in the PC world....

me personally I got 2 crossfire R9 290x cards, and in Windows 8, sure I was able to play it maxed out at 1440p at 60 fps v-synced..... BUTTT I would get the dreaded AMD stutter, and microstutter often, where frames would just drop down to 50 and as low as 40 for a second or two then go back up and lock itself to 60, especially when walking through big cities..
With Windows 10, I am experiencing NONE OF THIS........ fully locked v-synced 60fps almost 100% of the time..... I have to say I am enjoying Win 10 like I enjoyed Win 7

We all just have to wait for the next Geforce driver release. Win10 and SLI aren't getting along all that great right now. Mem leaks galore.

Ah great so i am not the only one who has SLI performance issues on windows 10. I was planning to reinstall The witcher 3, but i think i better need to wait abit until there is a driver update.

With my setup, I have noticed an slight increase in performance with Win 10. it's barely noticeable but looking at my FPS, it's safe enough to say it run smoother.

i7 4790, 16gb RAM, GTX 980ti G1 Gaming (overclocked), game's on a SSD = 1080p, Ultra, hairworks x8, 60+fps everywhere (except Novigrad where it can drop to 55fps sometimes)

How to overclock your cpu?

do not overclock if you do not know what you are doing. witcher 3 is very sensitive to overclocking. you have crashfest if you did something wrong. also you are also bound to burnt motherboard, ram and CPU if you do not know what you are doing.

i have of course overclocked my CPU from 3.4GHz to 4.4GHz with pure stability. but you wont see much improvements though if game is not CPU intensive or even if you are not bottlenecked.

The Witcher 3 windows 10 issues

After i installed windows 10 i experienced many performance and graphical issues with the witcher 3 ( fps lags and dissapearing shadows)

I guess the witcher patches have been damaged after the windows 10 update because after a few days it downloaded a witcher 3 8 gb patch and everything looked and ran good again

Guest 2364765

It worked just as it was on 8.1 for me. Which is mostly fine, if you don't account NVIDIA driver crashes every 10 seconds after loading the game if the NVIDIA streamer service is enabled, but that occurred for me on 8.1 too so i guess i got 100% performance from 8.1 to 10.

Top Bottom