[! The Witcher Gadgets - your opinion !]

+
STGhost said:
I almsot thought you wanted to suggest a whip :D
No I didn't mean a whip but it's worth considering

I just had a brilliant idea (i must do business some day ;D ):If they make a chain of restaurants-cafe, all over the world, where we could only pay with "orens"? And these orens we would buy from stores with the sign of the wolf? ;D Is it clever, or what? I would buy orens, just to drink my coffee at a "Hairy Bear" cafe! And, of course, it must be like the original Hairy Bear... So? What do you say? ;D

gamewidow said:
A Witcher-brand whip ? I'll take 2 -- those things can only last so long you know ;D
Yours has been getting a heavy workout, has it? Been keeping the other members of Team Medusa on task? :)
gamewidow said:
.... or perhaps a Witcher-brand, create and animate your own avatar kit ?
Is that the same as an inflatable Geralt doll or different? :)
gamewidow said:
... still want the earrings too darnit!
Me, too. I don't tend to wear much jewelry, but I'd actually wear Witcher earrings.

Definitely the medallion key chain, I want that badly, it will make the perfect Witcher's gadget by far. But did I saw a "flat" mentioned there? Like a simple metal with a wolf painted, why not the original version of the medallion, with a actual look of a wolf ???

If it's going to be a wolf medaillon and it's flat maybe it's a real masterpiece of goldsmith's art... and expensive :angel:
Eriash said:
[size=12pt]Any suggestions about new gadgets are welcomed![/size]
I' like to make a new suggestion the guy on the right side ;D

I have been wanting to get my hands on that Medallion ever since I played the game. But please, if you are going to offer one for sale, don't make it flat, but rather like the one that was available in Poland. It would look much more like Geralt's.

All these things are great Ideas.... but how about a life size replica of the silver sword? That would kick ass.

Nothing against a fine looking silversword, but we would have trouble to purchase it over here in Germany. They are forbidden and you must have a weapon/gun-licence for it. Or it has to be a plastic one and I don't know, what I should do with a plastic sword, maybe going to carneval with it.No, better a life-size replica of Geralt or/and Eskel.... :D

uuups, what kind of weapon do you mean? I have several life size replica swords and even really sharp daggers. But no-one asked me or for such a licence. Once I ordered them from mailoders and they didn't want to see such a permit. You just have to prove your identity and age (18).

They showed it in TV, there was a german weapon-collector that collected all kinds of real (metal) swords, some old and antique ones, and he said he must have a weapon-licence for it, because that are dangerous weapons with which you can wound somebody and therefor you need such a licence. And I read also a few reports in (well, ok...that were mostly those womens-mess-) magazines, and I remember one article, where they have catched someone and found some swords, but because he had no licence, they took them all away from him. (womens-mess-... Fernsehzeitschrift wie z.B. "Auf einen Blick") :whistle:Well, as for myself I only have an example many years ago: I was 19 when I had a "Butterfly"-dagger, and I played around with this thing in the streets here in our city and when the police saw it, they took me with them and said, that isn't allowed, because the blade was larger than xx centimeters (sorry, I can't remember the correct number), but it was larger than my hand. So they took the dagger and I never got it back, even not with an application ("Antrag" in german).Hm, maybe you got them because yours are replica and not real sharp? Or maybe they don't care for this because you get them by mailorder? I would be careful, I don't know what will happen, if you go onto the street with them....

HexenmeisterRaven said:
They showed it in TV, there was a german weapon-collector that collected all kinds of real (metal) swords, some old and antique ones, and he said he must have a weapon-licence for it, because that are dangerous weapons with which you can wound somebody and therefor you need such a licence. And I read also a few reports in (well, ok...that were mostly those womens-mess-) magazines, and I remember one article, where they have catched someone and found some swords, but because he had no licence, they took them all away from him. (womens-mess-... Fernsehzeitschrift wie z.B. "Auf einen Blick") :whistle:Well, as for myself I only have an example many years ago: I was 19 when I had a "Butterfly"-dagger, and I played around with this thing in the streets here in our city and when the police saw it, they took me with them and said, that isn't allowed, because the blade was larger than xx centimeters (sorry, I can't remember the correct number), but it was larger than my hand. So they took the dagger and I never got it back, even not with an application ("Antrag" in german).Hm, maybe you got them because yours are replica and not real sharp? Or maybe they don't care for this because you get them by mailorder? I would be careful, I don't know what will happen, if you go onto the street with them....
These laws - we have them here in Scotland, perhaps even more draconian - are very inconsistent. You can't own a weapon, or even carry a pocket knife. But I have a billhook for cutting coppice wood which has a blade about 400mm long, is razor sharp and weighs about two kilogrammes; it can cut a 100mm diameter oak pole in one blow, and take someone's leg off just as easily. But it's not a 'weapon', it's a 'tool', so I don't need a permit for it, and I can legally carry it (although it probably wouldn't be wise to carry it in town at night). But a replica sword? I'm not sure I could even get a permit, these days.

Do I live in an other dimension? Take a look at this High Elven Sword (fantasy product). You can order it. At the bottom of this page is just the hint that you have to prove that you are 18 years old. This notice on evey page... okay I haven't checked the fire arms ;D But that's an other case.btw. They haven't any Witcher steel or silver sword... yet ^__^It's a German shop btw

It sounds like the man Raven was talking about was collecting antique swords -- i. e., real ones -- whereas Petra is collecting replica swords, which can be called art.I have a friend here who owns a hand-and-a-half bastard sword, but it's a replica, so it's art, not a weapon. *rolls eyes* I still wouldn't recommend carrying them down the street, because unless you want a big court fight, the law is whatever the police say it is.

That really wonders me, because they look real. But it could not all be mess that is shown in TV, and they talked about a german collector... so I think there must be some difference between those (fantasy)-replica and real antic swords. Maybe even in the laws somewhere. I would not go out on the streets and carry them there, because I know what trouble I had with my stupid dagger, even if it's long time ago.And as Simon said, an axe is only a "tool" and not a weapon, even here in germany and you can slay someone with it. A friend has had an air-gun (Luftgewehr) and he has had trouble with this too, even if we only shoot on (Bierdeckel) bottle-lid?, but it was in the garden directly near the street and they forbid us the use of it.Maybe that's from country to country different and down in Munich the laws are different as they are in Hamburg.At last, I would not carry it in the streets... but a fine silversword over my bed, if there is no problem with such replicas, yup... I'm sure I would find it really nice. :D

Top Bottom