The Witcher School Quiz

+
The eighth trick question. Where would the employer get money for a witcher if she didn’t even have food for a child? So the ghost is probably lying.
It was likely just a pittance. Village folk often pay poorly, barely enough for a witcher to cover his potion ingredients.

Their philosophy according to Vesemir

I have no idea whether they chose their candidates specifically from young outcasts with a penchant for aggression, or if some unforeseen cruelty was somehow unleashed during the trials, but the final effect was a cadre of psychopaths, madmen, and sadists. Needless to say, the ill fame of their deeds hangs like a dark cloud over our reputation to this day.

- Vesemir, pg. 57, The World of the Witcher

Also see the side quest "Where the Cat and Wolf Play..."

Yeah, the Cats are a bunch of sick puppies.
Their imperfections make them interesting for me. And their female Witchers. Keep in mind not all of them need be like the stereotype

Their imperfections make them interesting for me. And their female Witchers. Keep in mind not all of them need be like the stereotype
It's not like they're doing those girls any favors by turning them into witchers. We often imagine being a witcher as a power fantasy, but not every witcher is as glamorous as Geralt. Most of them are just blue collar exterminators with unenviable childhoods. They don't sleep with sorceresses, they don't befriend dragons or fight interdimensional wizard elves. They trudge through fetid swamps and skulk through cemeteries, risking life and limb to collect the odd ghoul or drowner head for which they often receive little more than a paltry sum, a curse and a spit.

It's not like they're doing those girls any favors by turning them into witchers. We often imagine being a witcher as a power fantasy, but not every witcher is as glamorous as Geralt. Most of them are just blue collar exterminators with unenviable childhoods. They don't sleep with sorceresses, they don't befriend dragons or fight interdimensional wizard elves. They trudge through fetid swamps and skulk through cemeteries, risking life and limb to collect the odd ghoul or drowner head for which they often receive little more than a paltry sum, a curse and a spit.
That's not what I mean. My point is that if I am to be a Witcher, I don't wanna be among men only, what a borefest.

For me being a Witcher was never a power fantasy. It's a cool concept precisely because it is the antithesis of that. I wouldn't even consider Geralt to be glamorous at all. Hooking up with sorceresses, etc... is all just bringing a little pleasure/joy to a shitty life.

Last edited:
It was likely just a pittance. Village folk often pay poorly, barely enough for a witcher to cover his potion ingredients.
That is, hiring a witcher is cheaper than feeding your own child?... If the work of witchers is so low paid, then they did not need to build Kaer Morhen to train the next generations of witchers, but they should just beg on the streets - it would be more profitable.

Yeah, the Cats are a bunch of sick puppies.
Great armor though if you prefer straight up swordplay rather than casting signs ..... I like to stick and move, in other words 2-3 fast attacks followed by a dodge and when the time it right roll behind them and get that +50% damage for a rear attack ... Not the greatest for monster hunting though but for humans and elves it's hard to beat

Viper.
I-m-a-witcher-of-the-Viper-School-.png
I wonder what school would I be pre-war.

Pretty Cool. Don't know much about viper but they seem pretty badass

Attachments

• Witcher Quiz.png
    Witcher Quiz.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 57
does anyone know what you're supposed to do with the collect your gear files that you get once you finish the quiz. are these files you can add to your game or do they have some other purpose

Top Bottom