Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for Witcher 2 screenshot now :evil:

@0nakita how to use freecam in witcher 2. Thank you ^_^

Anyone else notice another inconsistency in Triss' character arc when Geralt returns her earrings? The earliest that the player would venture to Kaer Morhen and find them is at the beginning of Act 2, during the "Ugly Baby" quest. By then, the romance has to have been initiated, right? I thought Now or Never had to be completed in Act One.

In any case, Triss' dialogue clearly gives the impression that she and Geralt are no longer together, even if that is not the case:

Didn't CDPR have a fact checker or something when they were making the game? Yeesh.

On an unrelated note, whoever was writing Hjalmar's dialogue needs a talking to as well. Not only does he proclaim himself king during Vesemir's funeral, even if Cerys assumed the throne, but he also says during the Battle for Kaer Morhen questline, "I wonder what it would be like to see Ciri again" ... despite the fact that she is ten feet away in the castle. Come on guys!

:cirisad:

Anyone else notice another inconsistency in Triss' character arc when Geralt returns her earrings? The earliest that the player would venture to Kaer Morhen and find them is at the beginning of Act 2, during the "Ugly Baby" quest. By then, the romance has to have been initiated, right? I thought Now or Never had to be completed in Act One.

In any case, Triss' dialogue clearly gives the impression that she and Geralt are no longer together, even if that is not the case:

Didn't CDPR have a fact checker or something when they were making the game? Yeesh.

On an unrelated note, whoever was writing Hjalmar's dialogue needs a talking to as well. Not only does he proclaim himself king during Vesemir's funeral, even if Cerys assumed the throne, but he also says during the Battle for Kaer Morhen questline, "I wonder what it would be like to see Ciri again" ... despite the fact that she is ten feet away in the castle. Come on guys!

:cirisad:

Now or Never can complete before the Isle of Mist -> one of the main reason why Triss can't go to KM in Act 2. IMO CDPR should change this one just like Yen's quest, fail if you travel to Kaer Mohen

You can give her back the earring early IF you travel to KM first then do Now or Never later -> this is why the inconsistency appear in Act 3 (good old day, what the hell Triss, i love you now :eredinfacepalm:)

Sigh, i found out some more:
-Crach want to see Ciri and ask Geralt to bring her to Kaer Trode, funny Crach and Ciri all stand in the dock in Act 3 (Skellige)
-Evenwhen Keira save Lambert, Vesemir still shout something like Lambert have been knock out ...

Geralt is looking with curiosity.
Oh god, i am scared of Triss now :surprise:

Last edited:
Now or Never can complete before the Isle of Mist -> one of the main reason why Triss can't go to KM in Act 2. IMO CDPR should change this one just like Yen's quest, fail if you travel to Kaer Mohen

You can give her back the earring IF you travel to KM first then do Now or Never later -> this is why the inconsistency appear in Act 3 (good old day, what the hell Triss, i love you now )
This is why You can give to her earring before I love You. And sadly there is no changes if You give her before "I love You" or not, like with Crach at docks.

---------- Updated at 06:02 PM ----------

Oh god, i am scared of Triss now

---------- Updated at 06:02 PM ----------

---------- Updated at 06:10 PM ----------

Triss, it's all over.

Mmmm, how I love Triss outfit in TW2.

They put lots of great little details into the W2 costumes. Triss has the hood behind her, her knife and pouches on the belt, buckles on her forearms where she could hold knives or other tools, and the potion vials on the left thigh- it's a perfect traveling mage outfit. It would also be much warmer for Kaer Morhen and Skellige in W3!

I also want Geralt's witcher 2 armors imported into 3.

This is why You can give to her earring before I love You. And sadly there is no changes if You give her before "I love You" or not, like with Crach at docks.

Also assume it's because you can give her the earrings back if you aren't in a relationship with her. Sadly the default ends up being something that doesn't outright conflict with romance path but it feels that implication is of fitting broken up path better.

---------- Updated at 05:17 PM ----------

You can give her back the earring early IF you travel to KM first then do Now or Never later -> this is why the inconsistency appear in Act 3 (good old day, what the hell Triss, i love you now :eredinfacepalm:)
-:
Triss' side quests should have been set up to fail if not done before Kaer Morhen like Last Wish and then she should have been at Kaer Morhen either at Yen's invite or Geralt's imo. Not sure there's any point in changing it now unless in the fixes something major is being done about the awful Kaer Morhen absence(which is unlikely)

Like sevean, I thought the cut off point was Act 1. It doesn't make sense within the confines of the story, to travel back to Novigrad after travelling to Kaer Morhen. It may be a simple fast travel in the game but in story terms they're about a week's ride away from each other and by the time you start Act 2 your business in Novigrad is concluded for now so I fully agree, that should change to the cut off point being Kaer Morhen, at which point Triss is either there or on her way to Kovir.

Hey,

first of all I wanna say thank you for this amazing game CDPR. I have only just started (just left Vizima after meeting Emhyr for the first time) but I'm already enjoying this game so much, holy shit. And with the alternate movement you fixed pretty much the only problem I had so far.
And yet I think I might stop playing for a while since I heard you're planning to rework some Triss dialogue because people were unhappy with it and I kinda wanna wait for that. But my head might explode if I have to wait too long before getting back into the game and being able to find out how the story continues. So I was wondering... is there any (even very rough) ETA? I mean, will these changes take a couple of months because it's a big undertaking or can we expect them within the next weeks? Would be really happy if we could get some slight hint!

same feeling
might finish one go with Yen first, can't wait fr Triss :)

I have TW2 with last updates, so freecam not working for me. :sadtriss:

---------- Updated at 05:44 PM ----------

Finally I managed to go through Triss torture, but only for screenshots, for mine canon I wouldn't do it.

---------- Updated at 05:45 PM ----------

All will heal till wedding...

You let her get tortured. :sadtriss:

Strip him of his memory.

---------- Updated at 09:35 PM ----------

It's not so bad.

---------- Updated at 09:35 PM ----------

I promise.

I'll be sticking with the stripping his memory route in future. It feels very apt, a Geralt who's been through that fate and out the other side very much viewing it as not being a bad fate. It's changed him but change isn't always bad. A Geralt who hadn't been through that process or had found it less positive might view death as the better choice here. I like the fact neither option is pure, it's all down to interpretation.

Like sevean, I thought the cut off point was Act 1. It doesn't make sense within the confines of the story, to travel back to Novigrad after travelling to Kaer Morhen. It may be a simple fast travel in the game but in story terms they're about a week's ride away from each other and by the time you start Act 2 your business in Novigrad is concluded for now so I fully agree, that should change to the cut off point being Kaer Morhen, at which point Triss is either there or on her way to Kovir.

She wasn't offered the job for just putting them on the boat and sending them to Kovir, that's for sure. I'm guessing that she still went there after she left Geralt in the Lighthouse. She made a stop at Kovir first to make sure they're being looked after and that Tancred is taking a good care of them as he promised, that's when he offered her the job and she saw the house after. At least that would be my guess, still, shouldn't have stopped them from adding a conversation with her upon meeting her in Kaer Morhen.

Obviously the inconsistencies started from there, the kiss, the embrace and many other things that happens after (It's like she wasn't chosen as a romance option in the first place) other than the scene at the fountain, you get exactly the same results you do if she left or if you let her go during Now or Never.

The only logical explanation to it is that she wasn't supposed to be a romance option and she was added as such during a late stage of development. At that point there was simply too much to do and not enough time to do it to make it right.

That still shouldn't stop CD Projekt RED from adding a meaningful romantic conversation with her upon returning to Kaer Morhen before the battle (Seems fair since Keira gets one and she's not even a romance option) or simply by pretending that she went to Kovir before reaching that point at the Lighthouse and adding her to Kaer Morhen in an early stage before/during lifting the curse.

I wouldn't mind seeing her before leaving to the Isle of Mists to get Ciri and chat for a bit.

Last edited:
You let her get tortured.
Yeah, I muted sound, I couldn't to hear her screams.
I'll be sticking with the stripping his memory route in future. It feels very apt, a Geralt who's been through that fate and out the other side very much viewing it as not being a bad fate. It's changed him but change isn't always bad. A Geralt who hadn't been through that process or had found it less positive might view death as the better choice here. I like the fact neither option is pure, it's all down to interpretation.
His lost of memories was a fresh start for him.

---------- Updated at 10:30 PM ----------

I'm guessing that she still went there after she left Geralt in the Lighthouse. She made a stop at Kovir first to make sure they're being looked after and that Tancred is taking a good care of them as he promised, that's when he offered her the job and she saw the house after. At least that would be my guess, still, shouldn't have stopped them from adding a conversation with her upon meeting her in Kaer Morhen.
Yeah, thats my thoughts too, I think when they spoken in Lighthouse she only knew that she will go to Kovir, to be sure that mages are safe. And there she got an offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom