Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
They put lots of great little details into the W2 costumes. Triss has the hood behind her, her knife and pouches on the belt, buckles on her forearms where she could hold knives or other tools, and the potion vials on the left thigh- it's a perfect traveling mage outfit. It would also be much warmer for Kaer Morhen and Skellige in W3!

I think she got rid of her old outfit because it was one of the things that "gave her away" but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have had it as an alternative outfit (It seems more fitting than that dress).

I also want Geralt's witcher 2 armors imported into 3.

Me too, I was looking forward to see what my Raven armor that was imported from TW1 to TW2 would look like in TW3, I was very disappointing that the armors didn't get added to TW3, I felt like I kept them in my inventory for 8 years for nothing.

I so love this scene.

---------- Updated at 10:46 PM ----------

Very romantic place.

---------- Updated at 10:46 PM ----------

And great view.

Yeah, I muted sound, I couldn't to hear her screams.
His lost of memories was a fresh start for him.

---------- Updated at 10:30 PM ----------

Yeah, thats my thoughts too, I think when they spoken in Lighthouse she only knew that she will go to Kovir, to be sure that mages are safe. And there she got an offer.

Agree his lost memories can be a fresh start for him.

I agree her going to Kovir inbetween is most reasonable headcanon possibility. Still doesn't explain her Kaer Morhen absence as she's a mage and travel is much expedited. Equally it doesn't explain why it ain't referenced when she does turn up or at the lighthouse.

Still doesn't explain her Kaer Morhen absence as she's a mage and travel is much expedited. Equally it doesn't explain why it ain't referenced when she does turn up
I was very dissapointed when Geralt returns to KM with Ciri and Triss haven't spoken to Geralt at all, like there wasn't "I love you", like Geralt let her go to Kovir without confession in love and like there wasn't scene at Lighthouse and in codex it says that Yen have invited Triss not Geralt. I thought I've done something wrong in game and start to search in google for answer and that how I found this forum and first Triss thread.

Last edited:
0nakita;1849438[B said:
]I was very dissapointed when Geralt returns to KM with Cirir and Triss haven't spoken to Geralt at all,[/B] like there wasn't "I love you", like Geralt let her go to Kovir without confession in love and like there wasn't scene at Lighthouse and in codex it says that Yen have invited Triss not Geralt. I thought I've done something wrong in game and start to search in google for answer and that how I found this forum and first Triss thread.

Yeah i was very frustrated by the whole bizarre UMA Kaer Morhen Triss absence. Then when she did show up my expectations for her to explain her delay were blown out of my mind by indignation and shock at Yen french kissing Geralt, whereby i had moved onto well surely she's speak up regarding that but not a thing. At that point my Prima guide had arrived and i finally broke it out and started hunting for what the heck i had done wrong.

Love is in the air.

---------- Updated at 11:11 PM ----------

@Brian6666 huge thank You for showing a marvelous angle.
Her eyes full of love.

---------- Updated at 11:14 PM ----------

Yeah i was very frustrated by the whole bizarre UMA Kaer Morhen Triss absence.
After "Isle of Mists" it's clearly seen that Triss content is cutoff or Triss romance was added in a hurry.

Then when she did show up my expectations for her to explain her delay were blown out of my mind by indignation and shock at Yen french kissing Geralt

Same experience for me... right after i saw Yen kissing Geralt i was like: "she forgot what i said to her in skellige?" then went back in the game to see what i did wrong just to realise that you cant deny her kiss... they made me look like a fool :facepalm:

Last edited:
Same experience for me... right after i saw Yen kissing Geralt i was like: "did she forgot what i said to her in skellige?" then went back in the game to see what i did wrong just to realise that you cant deny her kiss... they made me look like a fool :facepalm:
I have no problem with a kiss, it was from happiness of finding Ciri. But I can't understand why Geralt was so cold with Triss, no hug, no kiss, or no just ask her how was her trip to Kaer Morhen and where she was for so long time. Why we have opportunity to talk to all who arrived after finding Ciri, but not Triss. :sadtriss:

---------- Updated at 12:46 AM ----------

Vacation is over, guys! I'm again with ya! Have there been any good news?
Glad to see You. No news yet, we are waiting.

She wasn't offered the job for just putting them on the boat and sending them to Kovir, that's for sure. I'm guessing that she still went there after she left Geralt in the Lighthouse. She made a stop at Kovir first to make sure they're being looked after and that Tancred is taking a good care of them as he promised, that's when he offered her the job and she saw the house after. At least that would be my guess, still, shouldn't have stopped them from adding a conversation with her upon meeting her in Kaer Morhen. .

Even that being the case, if you play the story chronologically, Geralt goes to Skellige and takes care of business there. Given comparative distances on the map, let's say it's several days sail to Skellige, then he has to attend a funeral, a wake, travel around several of the islands in search of clues regarding Ciri, help Yennefer find her answers regarding their former relationship before finding and rescuing Hjalmar then helping him defeat the Giant, then help Cerys, then untangle an assassination plot before finally traveling back to Velen, then to Vizima, then on to Kaer Morhen and that all assumes you're not ploughing shield maidens, vanquishing haunted towers or any of the other Witcher contracts and side quests available. You'd be talking weeks at least. Plenty of time for her to get to Kovir and back to Kaer Morhen in time to greet Geralt when he first arrives. There is no good excuse for Triss not to be at Kaer Morhen at the beginning of Act 2 if​ you romanced her.

But I can't understand why Geralt was so cold with Triss, no hug, no kiss, or no just ask her how was her trip to Kaer Morhen and where she was for so long time.

Because Yen made Geralt feel uncomfortable? How could you kiss Triss when she just saw you kissing Yen?

. There is no good excuse for Triss not to be at Kaer Morhen at the beginning of Act 2 if​ you romanced her.

Even if you don't there is no excuse either... Only reason for her not to be there is if you don't help her out with her quests as she might still be trying to get the mages out. Actually that's no reason either, as she does eventually come at "yennefer's" behest and leaves the mages to their fate. So in the case that you don't help her, she could be still in Novigrad and you ask her to come to help lift the curse that should auto fail her quests (and destroy any chances of romance, same as Yennefer if you don't help her out).

Romances aside, this is a story about a father looking and then protecting his daughter. And him using every ally and means available at his disposal towards that end. Geralt not relying on Triss to help just because he says "Let's try again" instead of "I love you" is just wrong.

I mean, in the books she came when she was asked for help. And the situation is both magical related and dire enough for Geralt to recruit all the "magical" help he can get. The only sorceress he can rely on are Yennefer and Triss, so naturally, in a matter so important to him (his daughter) he would get them both on board.

I understand and share some of the complains in the Yennefer thread about missing interactions, especially at the beginning in Vizima and the lack of Yen/Ciri moments, however story wise the situation with Triss is worse as they actually went out of their way with the narrative to keep her out of it. One example is the one I described above, another is that Ciri just "couldn't" find Triss when she was looking for her there, and, somehow, Dandelion couldn't either and again, their problem was magic related (they needed help with the Philactery).

The more I think about it, the more I think what I shame it is that the romance angle as originally intended (Triss leaving for good and Geralt reuniting with Yennefer) got in the way of good and consistent storytelling.

Don't get that logic. Surely you'd overcompensate the other way in showing your affection for the woman you love.

The logic is: Triss doesnt want any compensation right after what she saw and thats why Geralt was afraid of "showing affection" to her in that same moment...

Imagine this: You, your girlfriend/boyfriend and her/his ex are in the same place, her/his ex kisses your girlfriend/boyfriend in front of you, how would you react?

The most logic way is: you get mad, you want to be alone and think about what you just saw and only then you go talk to your girlfriend/boyfriend about what happened am i right?

But unfortunately that "talk" never happens in the game as we all know...

Last edited:
Even if you don't there is no excuse either... Only reason for her not to be there is if you don't help her out with her quests as she might still be trying to get the mages out. Actually that's no reason either, as she does eventually come at "yennefer's" behest and leaves the mages to their fate. So in the case that you don't help her, she could be still in Novigrad and you ask her to come to help lift the curse that should auto fail her quests (and destroy any chances of romance, same as Yennefer if you don't help her out).

Ego. Remember what Geralt says towards the end of Ugly baby? Words to the effect of "If we contact Triss for help before Yen's failed, she'll be mad." Yen's ego precludes her asking for Triss' help prior to the Battle of Kaer Morhen, so yes, there is good reason for Triss not to be there if not romanced. However, if Triss was there due to being romanced, Yen would naturally involve her (and just as naturally assume she was in charge, delegating tasks to Triss like the others) so the scene works without a major re-write. It just needs tinkering around the edges.

Romances aside, this is a story about a father looking and then protecting his daughter. And him using every ally and means available at his disposal towards that end. Geralt not relying on Triss to help just because he says "Let's try again" instead of "I love you" is just wrong.

I mean, in the books she came when she was asked for help. And the situation is both magical related and dire enough for Geralt to recruit all the "magical" help he can get. The only sorceress he can rely on are Yennefer and Triss, so naturally, in a matter so important to him (his daughter) he would get them both on board.

I understand and share some of the complains in the Yennefer thread about missing interactions, especially at the beginning in Vizima and the lack of Yen/Ciri moments, however story wise the situation with Triss is worse as they actually went out of their way with the narrative to keep her out of it. One example is the one I described above, another is that Ciri just "couldn't" find Triss when she was looking for her there, and, somehow, Dandelion couldn't either and again, their problem was magic related (they needed help with the Philactery).

The more I think about it, the more I think what I shame it is that the romance angle as originally intended (Triss leaving for good and Geralt reuniting with Yennefer) got in the way of good and consistent storytelling.

Whilst I agree with those in the Yen thread, and have said so myself many times that Romance, as a story telling and game mechanic in The Witcher 3, is fundementally broken, I disagree that it was a shame they put the Triss romance in. It might have worked as a stand alone game but wouldn't have been accepted by those who've played the previous games and romanced her as part of their choices in them. What should have happened is Triss and Yen romances were both properly written from the get go and not had one thrown in haphazardly as an afterthought at a later date. Had both been properly written and treated with equal respect, the story would be a lot less muddled with a lot less plot holes as it is now.

Frankly, The Witcher 3 has a big problem when it comes to its writing because it tries to be the final part of a trilogy, whilst being a stand alone game at the same time. It tries to accommodate the old guard whilst trying to be new comer friendly. It attempts to reconcile those who have read the books with those who haven't and as a result of all these contradictions, large parts of the story end up being neither one thing nor the other. Really, CDPR should have forgotten about pleasing everyone and just remained true to themselves. The writing would have been better for it.

Don't misunderstand me, there is great writing in this game, there's just not consistently great writing throughout, being interspersed as it is with moments of utter confusion (i.e. plot holes). This game is genius, it's just flawed genius, sadly but some attention to detail, some cleaning up of the story here and there, released as part of an enhanced edition and you could fix the problems fairly easily. They just need the will to do that.

Last edited:
Even that being the case, if you play the story chronologically, Geralt goes to Skellige and takes care of business there. Given comparative distances on the map, let's say it's several days sail to Skellige, then he has to attend a funeral, a wake, travel around several of the islands in search of clues regarding Ciri, help Yennefer find her answers regarding their former relationship before finding and rescuing Hjalmar then helping him defeat the Giant, then help Cerys, then untangle an assassination plot before finally traveling back to Velen, then to Vizima, then on to Kaer Morhen and that all assumes you're not ploughing shield maidens, vanquishing haunted towers or any of the other Witcher contracts and side quests available. You'd be talking weeks at least. Plenty of time for her to get to Kovir and back to Kaer Morhen in time to greet Geralt when he first arrives. There is no good excuse for Triss not to be at Kaer Morhen at the beginning of Act 2 if​ you romanced her.

Agree, Yen should call Triss for help with UMA problem or Geralt had told her to KM already. It would be fun to have her in drinking scen in KM :devil:

And from what i learn before, if you do Now or Never quest after curing UMA:
-Triss said she will help Geralt with Ciri, but need to evacuate mage frist
-But in the dock, the good bye scene stay the same
->Immersion destroy, didn't Tris just say she want to help Geralt with Ciri :facepalm:

Actually i assume Triss try to get the mage out of Norvigad even without Geralt, but fail in process. One more reason to have Triss's quest fail if you travel to Kaer Mohen ;)

Yeah, I muted sound, I couldn't to hear her screams.

Geralt clutching his hand when hear Triss' screaming, he is lucky because his mutation make him emotionless :cry:

Last edited:
Ego. Remember what Geralt says towards the end of Ugly baby? Words to the effect of "If we contact Triss for help before Yen's failed, she'll be mad." Yen's ego precludes her asking for Triss' help prior to the Battle of Kaer Morhen, so yes, there is good reason for Triss not to be there if not romanced. However, if Triss was there due to being romanced, Yen would naturally involve her (and just as naturally assume she was in charge, delegating tasks to Triss like the others) so the scene works without a major re-write. It just needs tinkering around the edges.

I'm aware of the dialogue between Eskel when they kill the monster, however it's not really consistent with the story. It is not the witcher's at KM quest to save Ciri, it's Geralt and Yennefer's quest. And it's G&Y the ones asking for their help with the curse, not the other way around. So Geralt and Yennefer should have asked for Triss regardless of the romantic situation (Yennefer indeed does it, just at a later date).

Whilst I agree with those in the Yen thread, and have said so myself many times that Romance, as a story telling and game mechanic in The Witcher 3, is fundementally broken, I disagree that it was a shame they put the Triss romance in. It might have worked as a stand alone game but wouldn't have been accepted by those who've played the previous games and romanced her as part of their choices in them. What should have happened is Triss and Yen romances were both properly written from the get go and not had one thrown in haphazardly as an afterthought at a later date. Had both been properly written and treated with equal respect, the story would be a lot less muddled with a lot less plot holes as it is now.

Don't misunderstand me, I definitely do not think it's a shame they put the option in, in fact, I'm glad they did it. What I meant was that it's a shame that at a certain point in development it wasn't. There are several indications of this; check the OP of that old thread about the choice, plus the game as it is now and you'll come to the same conclusion.

And definitely agree, both options should have been properly written and treated with equal respect. Time will tell about what they'll do about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom