Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me where is the part Triss "seduce Geralt by magic" in the first book ? What pages, where did this happen ? Thank ;)

This is from "Blood of elves":

p.s. Check PM.

Attachments

• triss.jpg
    triss.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 535
Last edited:
@HaveFun90 and @keldrath Thank you for the information and the book file

Now if i understand right:

-Triss is somewhat jealous of Geralt and Yen relationship because the silly girl never know what love really is before, so she decide to ... seduce the witcher by magic (don't know what exactly the spell is) while "he and Yennefer had scratched at each other's eye...again"
-So the plan work and now the girl feel madly in love with the witcher
This is the starting point of Triss's love for Geralt

But when is Geralt's starting point ?
-Some can say it is when Triss used magic, so Geralt have some feeling about her
-But at this point Geralt love for Yennefer is too strong, he simply push off every attempt Triss make in the book
---> So what do you think, is this the case ?

IMO in the book Geralt have some feeling for Triss, but only consider she is a friend. Triss know that so simply don't push him too much
-I think Geralt starting point is in the Witcher 1, while the rival no longer in picture, and the anmesia in effect. Some can also say Triss take advantage of Geralt...again, well but:
And here we have this woman, who was forced to watch from the sidelines, to taste but never to keep, to envy, to crave. Finally that alignment of circumstances happens, and she has a chance. The very first real one and probably the only one she will ever get.
That chance implies a choice, she can either remain ever in the sidelines or risk everything to find out if their love deserves a chance to be born. In a way, her own, “Now or Never” moment.

-Finally:
+And she tried in W1 and succeeded...
+And then she tried in W2 and succeeded again.
+And then she tried in W3 and succeeded yet again.
+Most likely as I write this down she is succeeding in Kovir.

Also, i just update a new fan-art :p http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/54522-Triss-Fan-Art-Thread?p=1863973#post1863973

Last edited:
But when is Geralt's starting point ?

The games. There is no starting point for him in the books, there wasn't a love triangle going on, that was a games thing. Geralt in the books always thought of her as a close friend. Even for her, it wasn't about falling in love with him, she also cared for him deeply as a friend, and through him she was able to experience some emotions she had never experienced before. Like getting a taste of what it's like.

Honestly Triss romance leaves so much question for me. But only if you will look at it through books events. I don't know how she will be able to look at Yennefer if she will romance Geralt. What I mean is that Triss is kinda "good girl" and romance with Geralt is something she will have regrets about or at least doubts in my opinion. I think she will never be fully happy as the thought about ruining relationship between him and Yennefer will hunt her... Also knowing how strong was connection between Yennefer and Geralt I wouldn't be surprised if one night he could call her Yennefer instead of Triss :( And what about Ciri? I'm sure there would be a lot of awkward situation between them at first. Yeah, after some time it could settle down but she will lose her best friend and maybe trust of her little sister. There isn't much info about Triss friends in books and games the only close people I know for her are Yennefer, Ciri, Geralt and maybe Vessemir. She must pay very big prize for her love. In fact she will lose as much as she will gain from her decision to romance Geralt.

>>I don't know how she will be able to look at Yennefer

I dont think she cares a lot about it :lol:

>>I think she will never be fully happy as the thought about ruining relationship between him and Yennefer

In context - that was love created by magic...she didn't ruin anything

>>And what about Ciri?

Ciri goes her own way. It's not a little girl already. In TW3 she doesn't react at all on Geralt romances. She even doesn't normally react on her "mother". (It seems strange, but fact).

>>She must pay very big prize for her love. In fact she will lose as much as she will gain from her decision to romance Geralt.

She got Geralt and depart to Kovir for a new future. What was before - just history. New start with a clean slate.

Last edited:
The games. There is no starting point for him in the books, there wasn't a love triangle going on, that was a games thing. Geralt in the books always thought of her as a close friend. Even for her, it wasn't about falling in love with him, she also cared for him deeply as a friend, and through him she was able to experience some emotions she had never experienced before. Like getting a taste of what it's like.
Completely agree with you about Geralt, it also in section IMO :p

But Triss, well i can say otherwise after reading the books (part of it...), there is always something there, something hidden and even Yen scare of this :devil:

>>I think she will never be fully happy as the thought about ruining relationship between him and Yennefer

In context - that was love created by magic...she didn't ruin anything
I disagree. Yen and Geralt really love each other (in both book and game). It just for me the love between Triss and Geralt is much much stronger ;)
Honestly Triss romance leaves so much question for me. But only if you will look at it through books events. I don't know how she will be able to look at Yennefer if she will romance Geralt. What I mean is that Triss is kinda "good girl" and romance with Geralt is something she will have regrets about or at least doubts in my opinion. I think she will never be fully happy as the thought about ruining relationship between him and Yennefer will hunt her...
Well they glad to grab you matter red hair and scratch out your eye with each other :lol:

Triss is the one who want to escape the pain in W3, and Geralt is who call her back. Triss properly feel guilty but "Suggest you read the last part of my comment"

Also knowing how strong was connection between Yennefer and Geralt I wouldn't be surprised if one night he could call her Yennefer instead of Triss :(
Doubt it...

And what about Ciri? I'm sure there would be a lot of awkward situation between them at first.Yeah, after some time it could settle down but she will lose her best friend and maybe trust of her little sister. There isn't much info about Triss friends in books and games the only close people I know for her are Yennefer, Ciri, Geralt and maybe Vessemir. She must pay very big prize for her love. In fact she will lose as much as she will gain from her decision to romance Geralt.
Ciri is not a little running around in Kaer Mohen anymore, Geralt. She is a woman now. She can make her own decision. While you and Yennefer can stand aside and support or help her

Triss and Geralt know their choice won't make everyone happy and that there will be a fallout from this, people disappointed. And yet, they've walked a very long and hard road to finally find what they truly wanted. They are not willing to ever let it go again.

Triss and Geralt know their choice won't make everyone happy and that there will be a fallout from this, people disappointed. And yet, they've walked a very long and hard road to finally find what they truly wanted. They are not willing to ever let it go again.
I don't think anyone will be disappointed except for Yen and maybe Ciri (though I really doubt it).

I don't know how she will be able to look at Yennefer if she will romance Geralt. What I mean is that Triss is kinda "good girl" and romance with Geralt is something she will have regrets about or at least doubts in my opinion. I think she will never be fully happy as the thought about ruining relationship between him and Yennefer will hunt her...
Why? Back in Novigrad, she did everything not to ruin their relationship. It was Geralt who prevented her from sailing away, there was no "stealing Geralt from Yennefer" at all. It was his decision, not hers, why would she regret it?

Strange...in game they parted (optional) only after quest "Last wish".
Believe, if their love "is not magic involved" - Triss has no chance at all :D. Because Geralt raved whole saga about "violet eyes" :)

Actually, for me:
-Geralt is confused of his feeling between two woman post-amnesia, then he need to set out to find Yen to make sense of his own feelings first
-Geralt don't know how to say good bye to Yen yet when he arrive in Skellige
---> Good bye dialogue in the Last Wish actually like this or whaever, becaue of... magic is stupid: I have feelings for someone else (Geralt would let Yen down easy letting her know that his future is with Triss now)

Did you talk about Geralt raved whole saga about "violet eyes" in book or game ?
-Book, no comment
-Games, reason above

I don't think anyone will be disappointed except for Yen and maybe Ciri (though I really doubt it).
Shhh, i think mostly everyone will agree with this except Yen (and yes Ciri too, but i think she will respect Geralt's choice) :whistle:

Last edited:
Actually, for me:
-Geralt is confused of his feeling between two woman post-amnesia, then he need to set out to find Yen to make sense of his own feelings first
---> Good bye dialogue in the Last Wish actually like this or whaever, becaue of... magic is stupid: I have feelings for someone else (Geralt would let Yen down easy letting her know that his future is with Triss now)

Did you talk about Geralt raved whole saga about "violet eyes" in book or game ?
-Book, no comment
-Games, reason above

The saga is the books. Specifically Blood of Elves-Lady of the Lake. It's actually really well done how Sapkowski used them to make each other grow. It's very well done without the classic fantasy romance cliches.

Last edited:
Why? Back in Novigrad, she did everything not to ruin their relationship. It was Geralt who prevented her from sailing away, there was no "stealing Geralt from Yennefer" at all. It was his decision, not hers, why would she regret it?
Exactly, in TW3 Triss takes the passive approach, even though she obviously has feelings toward Geralt, she doesn't act on them, almost like she expects for him to be with Yen. Geralt is the one that takes the initiative if the player chooses to, and I like that it is done that way.

The saga is the books. Specifically Blood of Elves-Lady of the Lake. It's actually really well done how Sapkowski used them to make each other grow. It's very well done without the classic fantasy romance cliches.

And it also a good opportunity for CDPR to make Triss's character grow up and make some book fan satisfied because Triss have a chance with Geralt now. Thank for your opinion

Yeah,for example, the Witchers at KM Vesemir included they like Triss. They are pissed by Yen attitude.
As for Ciri if you go with empress ending and choose the right dialogue options, Ciri is even worried that you didn't let Triss the time to pack up her things.
So yes from a game perspective the only one disappointed seems to be Yennefer

In books - it is an axiom.
In the start of tw3 - he saw dream with Yenn again.

I still pretend that he linked to Yenn by magic. Since i read Last Wish. There were no allusions about "love" before her spell..and then of course djinn's spell came.

Last edited:

I still pretend that he linked to Yenn by magic. Since i read Last Wish. There were no allusions about "love" before her spell..and then of course djinn's spell came.

Oh there certainly are plenty of allusions to it before the wish came out, plus it's never really mentioned again. Since it was never really mentioned again, it's hard to say it had as much significance as you are ascribing to it.

He dream of her because he want to find her, see her, love her after all these years the two not seen each other. Well but after Vizima is where the confusion start to kick back

No comment about Djinn. I respect your perspective about the book ;)
Not before wish. Before her mind control spell...

:wat:

Actually, for me:

Agree with this, The Last Wish, and removing the djinns magic has nothing to do with Geralt's love for Yen or Triss. You can simply not do the quest and still pick and end up with Triss. After having amnesia he just had the chance to fall in love with Triss without his blind obsession with Yennefer being in the way. Now with his memory returned he loves both and it's up to the player to decide which he loves more.

There are no bad choices. Except if you don't pick Triss, what? this is a Triss thread after all :smile: I'm just kidding of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom