Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
This also explains why Geralt holds Triss at arms length in Blood of Elves. Other women he can sleep with and leave without much guilt, but Triss is different. She's a true friend, not just to Geralt but to nearly everyone he is close to as well. He can't toy with Triss's heart because she is too important to him.

Yen is aware of Geralt LOVE for Triss. He loves Triss just as much as he loves Yen, maybe even more. She sees Triss as her one true competition and only threat. The opportunity is never really explored in the books but many of us Triss fans who are also book readers wished for it. We finally got our wish with the great games CDProjecktRed.

Geralt and Triss are perfect together. They fit and compliment each other in so many ways. In the game we get to play out their relationship and see the possibilities. I have to say, I love the outcome and I am greatful to the dev for the opportunity. Honestly Geralt/Triss future together is very bright when compare to the other outcome.

Now I am waiting for the fixes to get a complete and fulfilling experience.

So guys, what are the main differences between Book Triss and Game Triss? I haven't gotten around to reading the books yet and not sure if I will.

Book Triss is still "younger" and less sure of herself. Around Yen she plays the younger sister role (which is why Yen is so upset by Triss's affair with Geralt), and around Philippa or Sile she is very much like an apprentice. Triss is very much a believer in the Lodge's mission until close to the end of the last book. Game Triss is a bit more sure of herself and has lost faith in the Lodge.

Many chapters of the books are told from Triss's point of view, with her trying to work out what everyone else is plotting.

So guys, how does Triss stay all young looking if she can't use that anti aging potion (I'm not sure about this, that's just what I've heard about) does she use an amulet instead to make her look young? Or is she using one of those internet adds about all the people who skin doctors hate?

This also explains why Geralt holds Triss at arms length in Blood of Elves. Other women he can sleep with and leave without much guilt, but Triss is different. She's a true friend, not just to Geralt but to nearly everyone he is close to as well. He can't toy with Triss's heart because she is too important to him.

Maybe in Walt Disney and The Little House On The Prairie where science doesn't exist. But from a psychoanalysis point of view, it's clear that a big feeling that Geralt won't admit, growth in his heart. When and after he bedded with Triss. Its much bigger than remorse, its clear that in the details, we can see that Geralt has feelings for Triss.
And if he is sad, it's because he is in a situation where he has feelings a part of himself despise, this part is the loyalty he confess and the love he has for Yen.

Last edited:
So guys, how does Triss stay all young looking if she can't use that anti aging potion (I'm not sure about this, that's just what I've heard about) does she use an amulet instead to make her look young? Or is she using one of those internet adds about all the people who skin doctors hate?

I see this is the second time you ask. i don't know myself and i think no info in the book either, so the best explanation is because of...magic :lol:

New fan-art update HERE

Last edited:
Book Triss is still "younger" and less sure of herself. Around Yen she plays the younger sister role (which is why Yen is so upset by Triss's affair with Geralt), and around Philippa or Sile she is very much like an apprentice. Triss is very much a believer in the Lodge's mission until close to the end of the last book. Game Triss is a bit more sure of herself and has lost faith in the Lodge.

Many chapters of the books are told from Triss's point of view, with her trying to work out what everyone else is plotting.
On that subject, if you go to The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition artbook and look in the character section under Triss Merigold you'll see this part in her description:

Triss’ personality has changed too. She’s no longer the girl from the novels known to “giggle like a flapper”. Now she’s a decisive, brave woman. She knows what she wants and she won’t hesitate to take risks in order to get it. Her new appearance is also a reflection of this change. One can openly admit that Triss grew up and is more mature, though she has lost none of her personal charm and grace.

On that subject, if you go to The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition artbook and look in the character section under Triss Merigold you'll see this part in her description:

Triss’ personality has changed too. She’s no longer the girl from the novels known to “giggle like a flapper”. Now she’s a decisive, brave woman. She knows what she wants and she won’t hesitate to take risks in order to get it. Her new appearance is also a reflection of this change. One can openly admit that Triss grew up and is more mature, though she has lost none of her personal charm and grace.

Nice, time for me to download and check the artbook, thank for the info. And my Geralt has been seduce by Triss personal charm :lol:

I can't resist her ...and neither can my Geralt

Same here. Love the character, Triss is such a lovely character. To Geralt she is kind, easy to talk to and very warm. When they are together Geralt and Triss seems unable to contain their feeling for each other. Although naive at times, she is truely in love with the Witcher Geralt, her one and only LOVE and she also cares deeply for the little witcheress.

If I could say anything directly to Geralt it be "you deserve to be alone if you let her go again". Anyone who lets go of someone who cares and loves them that much is an idiot.

Last edited:
Same here. Love the character, Triss is such a lovely character. To Geralt she is kind, easy to talk to and very warm. When they are together Geralt and Triss seems unable to contain their feeling for each other. Although naive at times, she is truely in love with the Witcher Geralt, her one and only LOVE and she also cares deeply for the little witcheress.

If I could say anything directly to Geralt it be "you deserve to be alone if you let her go again". Anyone who lets go of someone who cares and loves them that much is an idiot.
In the books I feel for her because she can't be with the one she loves but in the games I can correct that :laughing:

In wich book does Geralt & Triss meet for the first time? because I'd be more interested to read from that moment forward and, does Triss appear in the rest of the books after the one they meet?

Last edited:
In wich book does Geralt & Triss meet for the first time? because I'd be more interested to read from that moment forward and, does Triss appear in the rest of the books after the one they meet?
In Blood of Elves they meet first time and she appear in later books, not sure is she appear in every but she appear later on

Triss honestly isn't in the books all that much, she plays a pretty minor role overall. If you go into them expecting a lot of content with her, you'll be disappointed.

Can anyone tell me where is the part Triss "seduce Geralt by magic" in the first book ? What pages, where did this happen ? Thank ;)

Can anyone tell me where is the part Triss "seduce Geralt by magic" in the first book ? What pages, where did this happen ? Thank ;)

It's in the second section of Chapter Two, not long after the *** break. I can't say page number exactly as that changes depending on the size of my ebook reader and font.

It's in the second section of Chapter Two, not long after the *** break. I can't say page number exactly as that changes depending on the size of my ebook reader and font.

Thank, i use physical book because i can't find PDF for Blood of Eleves

Now let see what exactly is that problem about :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom