Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

This was recorded by @Onakita

You see now it would make sense for her to be at the Inn with Ciri in the Ciri-Witcher ending but whomever crafted that scene seems to have forgotten about her :(

You walk in, Ciri and Triss are chatting. Geralt asks what they were talking about and Triss says Kovir, Ciri mentions she's looking forward to seeing it while she completes her training, then talks about the contract as normal. Would make the Triss-romance/Ciri-Witcher ending make a lot more sense than it currently does.

---------- Updated at 01:36 AM ----------

Yeah, I must say I prefer her outfit from TW2 better than Witcher 3's.

Same here. Should have been the Alternate outfit really.

You see now it would make sense for her to be at the Inn with Ciri in the Ciri-Witcher ending but whomever crafted that scene seems to have forgotten about her

You walk in, Ciri and Triss are chatting. Geralt asks what they were talking about and Triss says Kovir, Ciri mentions she's looking forward to seeing it while she completes her training, then talks about the contract as normal. Would make the Triss-romance/Ciri-Witcher ending make a lot more sense than it currently does.

Yeah. I think the only reason they added Triss/Yen to this ending is because it's considered the "best" ending since it fulfills everything that was foretold in Ithlinne's Prophecy (Your Love-interest is there along with your best-friends as a bonus).

Yeah. I think the only reason they added Triss/Yen to this ending is because it's considered the "best" ending since it fulfills everything that was foretold in Ithlinne's Prophecy (Your Love-interest is there along with your best-friends as a bonus).

Best if you've read the books perhaps, but its not my best ending. My Witcher story is not that of the books because I have never read them. It's my own and my best ending is Ciri becoming a Witcher and finally in charge of her own destiny.

This is the problem throughout the game. You're offered choice then lead down a path not your own. The game never respects our choice. As Henry Ford once said, you can have any colour you want so long as its black.

Just finished witcher 2 again and the automatic breakup is even worse when you replay it after playing the third game.

The Witcher 3 just completely disregards any choice you made with Triss, even when you say you'd be an utter fool to let her go, travel across half the world and kill an entire Nilfegaard camp just to rescue her. And then after all that Geralt starts having second thoughts about how he feels? Geralt has pretty much all his memory back in the Nilfegaard camp as well, with full knowledge of his relationship with Yen, all he didn't know was what happened to her.

Having a breakup could have been ok, if it was actually shown in some way and wasn't just a codex entry that explained nothing. Breaking them up in between games without any information is almost like going behind the players back and negating their W2 choices.

Agree with you 100%!!!

That part was such a bummer.

I consider it the best ending but i know a lot (possibly majority) prefer the Witcher ending (some even like the 'bad' ending the best). Although it just makes you wonder why the Witcher ending didn't have Triss, i mean all endings revolved around Ciri but you would think that they wouldn't forget about characters like Triss, Yen, Dandelion etc - that is why the Empress ending feels more detailed because you do get the chance to see everyone for a last time....still there could of been a conversation about Kovir with either Triss or Ciri

Ciri: What will you do now
Geralt: Triss and I....well we made plans
Ciri: Will i still see you both again
Triss: Of course

In the Witcher ending, Ciri can talk about visiting Kovir while training, and in the empress ending, she could mention that she will visit Kovir at some point.......ehh i am sure CDPR could of thought of something.

Best if you've read the books perhaps, but its not my best ending. My Witcher story is not that of the books because I have never read them. It's my own and my best ending is Ciri becoming a Witcher and finally in charge of her own destiny.

This is the problem throughout the game. You're offered choice then lead down a path not your own. The game never respects our choice. As Henry Ford once said, you can have any colour you want so long as its black.

Well. The only difference between The Witcher ending and The Empress ending is letting her see her father (You can refuse the gold) and letting her meet The Lodge of Sorceresses alone (That way you're letting her depend on herself and make her own decisions). Meeting the Lodge with her is the decision she's less "happy" about.
But I perfectly understand. It's not something easy to go through with. (I mainly do it to see Triss). xD

EDIT reason: Derp.

Last edited:
I consider it the best ending but i know a lot (possibly majority) prefer the Witcher ending (some even like the 'bad' ending the best). Although it just makes you wonder why the Witcher ending didn't have Triss, i mean all endings revolved around Ciri but you would think that they wouldn't forget about characters like Triss, Yen, Dandelion etc - that is why the Empress ending feels more detailed because you do get the chance to see everyone for a last time....still there could of been a conversation about Kovir with either Triss or Ciri

Ciri: What will you do now
Geralt: Triss and I....well we made plans
Ciri: Will i still see you both again
Triss: Of course

In the Witcher ending, Ciri can talk about visiting Kovir while training, and in the empress ending, she could mention that she will visit Kovir at some point.......ehh i am sure CDPR could of thought of something.

I considered it the worst. Even so the only ending that makes sense, in terms of romance choice not being in it is Ciri's death. Geralt recovering her amulet alone feels right.

---------- Updated at 02:09 AM ----------

Well. The only difference between The Witcher ending and The Empress ending is letting her see her father (You can refuse the gold) and letting her meet The Lodge of Sorceresses alone (That way you're letting her depend on herself and make her own decisions). Meeting the Lodge with her is the decision she's less "happy" about.
But I perfectly understand. It's not something easy to go through with. (I mainly do it to see Triss). xD

EDIT reason: Derp.

I understand he to get it, I just don't like it and like even less my romance - be that Yen or Triss - being left out of it.

This game is great but the writing is a mess in places and a tune up won't fix that.

I considered it the worst. Even so the only ending that makes sense, in terms of romance choice not being in it is Ciri's death. Geralt recovering her amulet alone feels right.

Doesn't Geralt die in that ending?, i think someone mentioned he doesn't get a slide and his death was implied (although no one knows for sure), if that is the case, poor Triss having to mourn him. I don't mind what others consider the best or worst ending, it is more to do with how you interpret it....the empress ending felt more satisfying (and heart wrenching saying goodbye to Ciri), but it was more to do with how little detailed the other endings felt......the writing needs to be refined and expanded on properly, because it is at the moment messed up and in our case in regards to Triss as a love interest.

Doesn't Geralt die in that ending?, i think someone mentioned he doesn't get a slide and his death was implied (although no one knows for sure), if that is the case, poor Triss having to mourn him. I don't mind what others consider the best or worst ending, it is more to do with how you interpret it....the empress ending felt more satisfying (and heart wrenching saying goodbye to Ciri), but it was more to do with how little detailed the other endings felt......the writing needs to be refined and expanded on properly, because it is at the moment messed up and in our case in regards to Triss as a love interest.

Initially I felt the witcher ending was best but after getting the empress ending it made sense. Ciri now have an opportunity to change Nilfgaard relationship with the North.

Geralt can walk the path part time and still have his happy ending with Triss. Ciri reconize his choice to be with Triss in the end. Even tho that ending is emotional she cannot honestly be a witcher all her life I doubt Geralt would want that life for her. The path can be very lonely. As a witcher you could die alone in some monster nest without friends or loveones.

I think Ciri would make a great empress like Cerys of Skellige. There is nothing that says Geralt and Triss cannot visit Nilfgaard whenever they want. With Ciri as empress Geralt and Triss would alway be welcome.

Only problem is she might have to marry that ugly general.

No, he's just seen thinking, looking sad. For the ending I wanted Ciri to be mistress of her own life for the first time in it. I wanted her to live free and happy which I don't see in the Empress which is her bending to the will of others to do what's best for the world.

Now in the Witcher ending she's still finishing her training so it makes sense to have either Triss or Yen there since in both cases you live happily ever after. Ciri would be living with you until she was ready to walk her own path.

Initially I felt the witcher ending was best but after getting the empress ending it made sense. Ciri now have an opportunity to change Nilfgaard relationship with the North.

Geralt can walk the path part time and still have his happy ending with Triss. Ciri reconize his choice to be with Triss in the end. Even tho that ending is emotional she cannot honestly be a witcher all her life I doubt Geralt would want that life for her. The path can be very lonely. As a witcher you could die alone in some monster nest without friends or loveones.

I think Ciri would make a great empress like Cerys of Skellige. There is nothing that says Geralt and Triss cannot visit Nilfgaard whenever they want. With Ciri as empress Geralt and Triss would alway be welcome.

I always felt that the last third of the game was about being with Ciri and getting ready to let her go and say goodbye - and in our case have Geralt get that future with Triss that he wants. I believe Ciri wants to be a Witcher, but what we saw was about her always getting ready to make those 'sacrifices' that she deems necessary. The slides do paint her as a great leader (well implied to be exact), but to be honest, i think after a trilogy of games, the endings needed more (especially in the Witcher ending).

---------- Updated at 02:42 AM ----------

No, he's just seen thinking, looking sad. For the ending I wanted Ciri to be mistress of her own life for the first time in it. I wanted her to live free and happy which I don't see in the Empress which is her bending to the will of others to do what's best for the world.

Now in the Witcher ending she's still finishing her training so it makes sense to have either Triss or Yen there since in both cases you live happily ever after. Ciri would be living with you until she was ready to walk her own path.

I don't know if he dies but others in other threads have claimed that, but yeah the Witcher ending was about Ciri having the freedom that she wants (she hints at it throughout the last third of the game), and the Empress ending is about her doing things for others for the 'greater good' (so she thinks). Still it won't change the fact that in the Witcher ending Triss (or Yen or even Dandelion) should of been there and possibly a mention of Kovir in both endings (in the case of Triss), the happy ending is guaranteed for Geralt and Triss in both endings no matter what (as long as she was the love interest).

This is the point though. We're not reading a book were the story is the author's vision, we're playing a game were the story is our vision. We made various choices throughout, including, in some cases, to enter into a relationship so why should that relationship be ignored because someone else thinks another ending is more accurate? Accurate to their ideals perhaps but not mine.

Why is Triss being with Geralt before they leave for Kovir more applicable to your best ending than to mine? Why should my decisions be ignored in favour of someone else's? What makes their ending more relevant than mine? This is how the Witcher ending treats you.

Does anyone actually know why triss left geralt or geralt left triss from TW2 To TW3?

I've thought about this, and put together a scenario that seems plausible to me. Here is how my limited imagination and writing ability see it:

[Geralt and Triss at a crossroads near the Pontar]
T: This is a good place to turn south- we should be clear for a couple of weeks before we have to go cross-country to bypass the armies.
G: Triss...
T: It'll be fine. I've got my good boots, the horses are fresh, and with just two of us we can teleport past any... wait, I know that look... Don't even think about it!
G: Triss, it might be better if...
T: Absolutely not! I'm not letting you run off without me. You know I can take care of myself! I told you I would go with you wherever we had to.
G: You just escaped a Nilfgaardian dungeon Triss, they will be looking for you.
T: Did you not hear a word I said in Flotsam? I accept all the risks, and I choose to be there for you, and for Yen! ...Unless this is not about the Nilfgaardians... this is about Yen isn't it? Your memories have returned... and what about your... feelings?
[Long pause]
G: I've started dreaming... these last few nights... about her... even while I'm lying there next to you.
T: I knew there was something- that look on your face in the mornings... I thought about reading your mind, but I hoped you would tell me....
G: I can't lie to you,don't want to hide it...
[Triss turns away]
T: Geralt, do you still love her?
G: I don't know Triss...
T: But you remember that you always did... that you always chose her...
T: I knew it might happen, even expected it at first. As soon as we learned Yen was still alive. But after Flotsam I let myself believe...
G: I believed it too, Triss. You've meant everything to me since I returned at Kaer Morhen...
T: You said "believed"- past tense...
G: Triss I still.... But when I see Yen again... I don't know what's going to happen.
T: But you suspect... and you don't want me there when it happens.
G: Triss, I know you would go anywhere, risk anything... but Yen's not in danger- Letho said as much. This isn't a rescue, it's a... personal matter. If you go all that way with me, put yourself in danger, and then at the end...
T: Then at the end you choose her...
G: I don't want to choose! I don't know how I could. But if... I could never live with myself Triss...
T: There's no room for a witcher's neutrality here. You've already made a choice.... I wish I could hate you right now, but you know I could never do that.
G: Triss, what we had together...
T: Stop Geralt, I know. We've been here before, remember? I thought it was different this time, but it's the same as before. I know where we stand now.
G: It was much more than before Triss...
T: But still not enough.... Geralt, I'm going, before one of us says something we'll regret.
G: Where will you go?
T: Like that's your business anymore?
G: Please Triss...
T: Sorry, that wasn't fair. I'll head for Vizima- see what I can salvage before the Imperial army gets there. After that north somewhere... maybe Novigrad.... Tell Yen to come visit me sometime- I would like to see her again... and you too....
G: I'm going to miss you, terribly. Forgive me, Triss.
T: I can't Geralt, not today... but come back alive and I'll try.

I know it's a bit rough, but does that seem realistic for the characters?

Last edited:
I've thought about this, and put together a scenario that seems plausible to me. Here is how my limited imagination and writing ability see it:

T: This is a good place to turn south- we should be clear for a couple of weeks before we have to go cross-country to bypass the armies.
T: It'll be fine. I've got my good boots, the horses are fresh, and with just two of us we can teleport past any... wait, I know that look... Don't even think about it!
T: Absolutely not! I'm not letting you run off without me. You know I can take care of myself! I told you I would go with you wherever we had to.
T: Did you not hear a word I said in Flotsam? I accept all the risks, and I choose to be there for you, and for Yen! ...Unless this is not about the Nilfgaardians... this is about Yen isn't it? Your memories have returned... and what about your... feelings?
[Long pause]
G: I've started dreaming... these last few nights... about her... even while I'm lying there next to you.
T: I knew there was something- that look on your face in the mornings... I thought about reading your mind, but I hoped you would tell me....
[Triss turns away]
T: I knew it might happen, even expected it at first. As soon as we learned Yen was still alive. But after Flotsam I let myself believe...
G: I believed it too, Triss. You've meant everything to me since I returned at Kaer Morhen...
G: Triss I still.... But when I see Yen again... I don't know what's going to happen.
G: Triss, I know you would go anywhere, risk anything... but Yen's not in danger- Letho said as much. This isn't a rescue, it's a... personal matter. If you go all that way with me, put yourself in danger, and then at the end...
G: I don't want to choose! I don't know how I could. But if... I could never live with myself Triss...
T: There's no room for a witcher's neutrality here. You've already chosen!.... I wish I could hate you right now, but you know I could never do that.
T: Stop Geralt, I know. We've been here before, remember? I thought it was different this time, but it's the same as before. I know where we stand now.
T: But still not enough... Geralt, I'm going, before one of us says something we'll regret.
T: Sorry, that wasn't fair. I'll head for Vizima- see what I can salvage before the Imperial army gets there. After that north somewhere... maybe Novigrad.... Tell Yen to come visit me sometime- I would like to see her again... and you too....
T: Not today Geralt, but come back alive and I'll consider it.

It beautiful. Very nice. It's harsh but I can see Geralt hurting her like that because, he doesn't want to and fail to see what's right there in front of him.

He has deep feelings for Triss and loves her. He knows he will have a great future with her but, his infatuation with Yen prevent him from making a decision.

It beautiful. Very nice. It's harsh but I can see Geralt hurting her like that because, he doesn't want to and fail to see what's right there in front of him.

He has deep feelings for Triss and loves her. He knows he will have a great future with her but, his infatuation with Yen prevent him from making a decision.

It is hard to be committed to someone when your mind is thinking about someone else.......which sets up the events of this game. Anyway you are right, he needs to figure out what his past with Yen means before he can decide on his future with Triss.

[Long pause]
[Triss turns away]
T: There's no room for a witcher's neutrality here. You've already chosen!.... I wish I could hate you right now, but you know I could never do that.
T: But still not enough... Geralt, I'm going, before one of us says something we'll regret.
T: Not today Geralt, but come back alive and I'll consider it.

The last part, i don't know if she sound sad or anger, can you be more specific ?

I imagine the next scene:

Triss teleport away, to some place, she cri endlessly for few hours or some days ? She doesn't know. Triss check her pocket and find out rose of remembrance have withered

Finally, she summon the last of her courage to go to Vizima, where she begin a new chapter of her story ... without Geralt

Is it good ? At least i try :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom