Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah exactly - so why people complaining so much regarding Triss romance? I get the inconsistencies and dialogs (that's why I voted for the fix) but if someone is saying that Triss has worse romance - I'm like wtf?

Both ladies have nice romantic moments in the game - and it is matter of a choice or who do you like more but saying that Triss romance is really bad in TW3 is really bullshit. She got great scenes!!!!

It's worse insofar as the structure, not the writing. Yen's romance flows better because there is interaction with her throughout the game which makes her feel like she's an important part of Geralt's life. In comparison, Triss is limited to four moments, all of which occur in Novigrad, three of which occur during Act 1. The rest of the time she's a background NPC. As a result, she never feels part of Geralt's life outside of those few precious moments in the same way Yen does. The writing for Triss is quite beautiful, there simply isn't enough of it to flesh out her character, or the romance throughout the game.

It's worse insofar as the structure, not the writing. Yen's romance flows better because there is interaction with her throughout the game which makes her feel like she's an important part of Geralt's life. In comparison, Triss is limited to four moments, all of which occur in Novigrad, three of which occur during Act 1. The rest of the time she's a background NPC. As a result, she never feels part of Geralt's life outside of those few precious moments in the same way Yen does. The writing for Triss is quite beautiful, there simply isn't enough of it to flesh out her character, or the romance throughout the game.

Agree completely with your points. I also think this is why when they looked at how the choice actually played out they have decided to make some changes to make the choice seem better reflected. We'll have to see how well it addresses this inconsistency.

Oh I agree - it reminds me the Yen's moments when I played TW1 and TW2 ...uhm wait there aren't any- she was non-existing NPC.- it seemed that Yen wasn't part of Geralt's life till near the end of TW2. I was wondering what will happen to one of the most important character in the Witcher Saga (books)....well we finally got Yennefer in the last game - do you think TW3 was enough to flesh out Yennefer's character? Hmm I don't know...maybe yes for some - for some not.

Anyway just wanted to say that I understand what are you feeling about the Triss content...

Oh I agree - it reminds me the Yen's moments when I played TW1 and TW2 ...uhm wait there aren't any- she was non-existing NPC.- it seemed that Yen wasn't part of Geralt's life till near the end of TW2. I was wondering what will happen to one of the most important character in the Witcher Saga (books)....well we finally got Yennefer in the last game - do you think TW3 was enough to flesh out Yennefer's character? Hmm I don't know...maybe yes for some - for some not.

Anyway just wanted to say that I understand what are you feeling about the Triss content...

Weird in Witcher 1 no mention of Yen or Ciri

Now move to Witcher 2, you are forced in relationship with Triss in the start. But after the dungeon, where Geralt remember Yen and he stay in island of Avallach (weird in WH Ciri said it is Avalon), Geralt ask/demand Triss to tell him about Yen and Ciri. For me it is the start of Yen is part of Geralt's life, and you have the choice to stay away fom Triss's romance

Do you think TW3 was enough to flesh out Yennefer's character? maybe yes, maybe no

It seems to me a lot of people are not real happy, what ever side of the river you come from...but I don't think this would be an issue at ALL if...IF there was a confirmed TW4 coming in 3-4 years...and then a promise/wish of TW5 a few years after that!

Trouble everyone is having, IMO, is the fact that...THIS IS THE END! And I for one, want more...when you want MORE...everything seems personal and its all RAW and inflamed...emotions that is...or was that what my doctor's told me last visit...anyway, POINT stands!

I don't think we would be having this level of issue with the story/romance/Act 3 pace IF Geralt's story were continuing...

Just my thought for the day! :)

well we finally got Yennefer in the last game - do you think TW3 was enough to flesh out Yennefer's character? Hmm I don't know...maybe yes for some - for some not.
If look from view who have read books - more no, than yes. If look from view who haven't read books - maybe more yes, than no.

But also as for #teamTriss there a lot of lack content for Triss.
And as from view who have read the books there a lack content for all book characters especially Ciri and Yen relationship.

Yeah I've said it on the big Triss inconsistency topic already..sometimes I have a feeling that the MAIN issue regarding Triss in TW3 is Yennefer. Like some nice fan from Steam community said:

Don't go to Steam community and Reddit, it full of troll

Remember one man try to post the discussion about Yen vs Triss, after some read i just want to say" fuck all of you" :facepalm:

Last edited:
This is very good advice! :cheers4:
I wonder if you read my PM :thumbup:

Some thing to change the atmosphere, Triss in modern day :lol:
By DirkLoechel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom