Triss or Yennefer?- Post patch 1.10 opinions.

+

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

So... Since patch 1.10 improved Triss romance and add some extra stuff to both of them, which romance option is better in Your opinion? And please, leave books out of this and let's talk about your thoughts after playing game(s).

IMO the changes are rather minor and I don't think it will make someone change his mind about which romance option is handled better. *shrugs*

Last edited:
Triss!

There will be no real justice for Triss until she gets her second sex scene back though!

Never forget the sex scene that never was:

View attachment 25778

I would really like to know the story behind it and why it wasnt included in the final game.

Was it just a bait for the Sword of Destiny trailer?

Or was it actually in the game and then removed because some changes were made to the story and this sex scene took place in her house which Triss and Geralt never visit together in the final game?

Or maybe they intended to only have one sex scene with Triss and this was the original idea but then they decided that instead of going to her home, Triss was going to take Geralt to the lighthouse.

I guess we will never find out now : (

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 285
Triss, before the changes, after the changes, during the changes, always.

:geraltaha:

Even though I'm not a big fan of the new scenes I don't see how these changes would affect anyone's opinion either way. Also good luck leaving the books out of it, unless you can give people select amnesia that is not going to happen.

If you preferred one of them before the patch, you will still prefer her after the patch. If you chose Triss and felt let down by the late-game content, you will feel better. If you chose Yen, the extra dialogues really don't add anything.

Like always I'm not adverse to seeing these threads simply exist, and considering there was changes in 1.10 it's possible some people feel slightly differently or have a different opinion to share, I'm going to leave it for now. But do try to remember the rules around here, and also that these threads are always on thin ice from the get-go, there's no second chances or leeway here.
Also, I'd like to remind that pointing out, "It's another Triss x Yen thread", or something about waifu wars, doesn't help the thread in any way, shape or form, and the "Cancel" button down in the bottom right, or the little X on your browser tab are both recommended alternatives to making such a post.

As for me, 1.10 doesn't really change much. I was very impressed with how Triss was written in TW2, and I really felt CDPR were building a superb character in her, ripe and ready to take into TW3 and add more depth, creating an interesting, tense little triangle which would push and challenge the way I felt about female characters, whom Geralt should "be with". Sadly that didn't happen, nobody won, I just kinda got bored with both of them and decided to go with Triss because I wanted to see if something was there, hidden in the romance that made me feel the same quality of character I felt in TW2, and I was interested to see how CDPR had written Yennefer into that decision, and how she'd react.
My initial notion was to upon second playthrough then pick Yennefer and compare/contrast the different relationships, which was better written, which I preferred etc, and make a decision as to which I'd then pick from then on. However that just doesn't interest me any more, and neither does picking Triss again. Frankly I think 1.10 does nothing but demean Triss as a character, and pulls in some just generally schlocky, sloppy dialogue. Yen's new stuff comes off better, but it doesn't really help either.

So from here on out in future playthrough/s (More than likely, playthrough, as I doubt I'll ever bother playing W3 through again more than one big "definitive" run) I'll be simply picking no one. Lone Geralt is best Geralt, at least as far as W3 is concerned.

So from here on out in future playthrough/s (More than likely, playthrough, as I doubt I'll ever bother playing W3 through again more than one big "definitive" run) I'll be simply picking no one. Lone Geralt is best Geralt, at least as far as W3 is concerned.

Your post made me realise that the best Geralt is the lone one for real, i thought before this that Yen was the best choice, but actually there's no real choice. We all know how the REAL Geralt would have acted. Thank you.

That means i'll bang both of them in my future playtroughs :smile:

Jumping on here to put in my opinion. I LOVED THE NEW DIALOG for both Yen and Triss romances!! THANK YOU CDPR for doing that!!

This just shows how invested CDPR is to making the fans happy. I don't think it's really a choice between the two women it's just how you personally want to play your Geralt, and I think by giving us these extra dialogue options at the end really seals the romance in the right way and makes it feel real and complete. Before when all you got from Triss was Well? Was just stupid and infuriating, especially that you couldn't say anything to Ciri about it either. I loved that they even added a line in with Ciri so she is in the loop as well. I mean that was such an important addition to make the romance have a realistic and final feel to it.

But for me personally, I enjoyed the Triss romance so much more because my Geralt had romanced Triss in all the previous Witcher games and it just seemed like the right thing to do. I felt a tad disappointed in my first playthrough of W3 when I didn't have any confirmation scenes with Triss at the end or with her at Kaer Morhen...that was uber annoying. But I attributed to the fact that Geralt was more concerned at finding Ciri and saving her rather than worrying about his domestic affairs with whom he was bedding and what not...so it wasn't a game breaker for me or anything but now that they added in the new dialog I feel so much better about it. For me Triss and Geralt just seem to be more at rest and comfortable with one another. Rather than Geralt and Yen are at odds and seem to go at one another like cats and dogs. Yen and Geralt are both so passionate that when it's good with them it's Fantastic but when it's bad...it's horrific so they have such an extremist relationship. Where as again with Triss, Geralt could really settle down and relax and let his hair down and be truly comfortable and comforted by her, not to have to fight and be up in arms or over the top hen pecked. So for me the retired Geralt at the end of his story I'd like him to be in a cozy house with Triss....no doubt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom