[TW1][mod] Stuff that make Geralt's life easier!!

+
People keep asking for this mod, so I'm bumping it up.

Remember, you have to be logged in to see the downloadable file that's at the end of the first post.

Just signed up to this forum to say thank you very much OP for releasing this mod? Much appreciated!

Any other mods for The Witcher? Just started playing it.

isamu99 said:
Plenty: http://witcher.nexusmods.com/mods/categories/

I recommend FCR as a base: http://witcher.nexusmods.com/mods/237 to start a new game ;)

isamu99 said:
In addition to the mods at the Nexus that Licaon mentioned, you can find a list of all the mods that have been posted here in the forum here, and a list of fan-made adventures here.

isamu99 said:
I recommend FCR as a base: http://witcher.nexusmods.com/mods/237 to start a new game ;)
A lot of people like FCR, but I recommend that you save it for your SECOND play-through of the game; I think it's best to play the game with its existing combat system while you're still getting used to how the game works.

GREAT mod. I only have a problem. The items don't have a name. I mean, all have a generic name (Q_ITEM I think)... why is that? Can I change it?

MaLTRaiN said:
GREAT mod. I only have a problem. The items don't have a name. I mean, all have a generic name (Q_ITEM I think)... why is that?
It's because you're playing in Spanish. The Witcher is available in 10 languages, but mods are only available in the language(s) the mod's creator put in. Since most modders don't speak 10 different languages, most mods are available only in one or two languages.

Can I change it?
Yes. Open the .uti files in Djinni and change the name to anything you want. (I can't do it for you because I have The Witcher installed in English, Polish, and French, but not in Spanish.)

thanks for these, when going through my first playthrouhg was getting so frustrated having to run back to the inn so often, and the rest will be helpfull too, thanks again!

Just wanted to drop in and say thank you! New to the game so I havent really encountered these troubles, but Im sure Ill be grateful in the long run :D

J_Slash has graciously given permission for his "Stuff That Makes Geralt's Life Easier" items to be included in the Many Items Mod, so if you want to use those oh-so-useful "Stuff" items AND you also want to use some other mod items, installing them is easier than it used to be.

Is it possible to install only part of this mod? I am interested in the night-vision but not in the unlimited meditation or storage access.

Alesh91 said:
Is it possible to install only part of this mod? I am interested in the night-vision but not in the unlimited meditation or storage access.
You can install the complete mod . All parts of the mod in game are in the quest items slot and in no way will you be required to use them if you don`t want to .

Alesh91 said:
If you use the Many Items mod, you can ask for each of the "Stuff" items individually and only carry around the one(s) you want.

I installed this mod as it is said and nothing happens... No items are added...

Does this mod still work on the Steam EE Directors Cut?

Gervas said:
I installed this mod as it is said and nothing happens... No items are added...

Does this mod still work on the Steam EE Directors Cut?
This mod does work with Steam, but it conflicts with a whole lot of other mods, pretty much anything that uses the custom_script.ncs and def_arealoaded.ncs files. This includes a lot of mods that are in frequent use, such as Full Combat Rebalance, the Scabbard Mod, the Genie Mod, and a lot of others.

Many people don't realize that FCR uses those files, since it comes with an installer, so many users never actually see which files are installed. But FCR is a big mod; it includes many files, so of course it also conflicts with many things.

There IS a way to make the Stuff mod work with other mods that use those files, though.

HOW TO MAKE THE Stuff That Makes Geralt's Life Easier MOD WORK WITH OTHER MODS THAT USE THE DEF_AREALOADED SCRIPT

(Note that this procedure only needs to be used for mods that use that script; simple texture mods, for example, don't use that script, and you don't need to do anything special to get them to work with your other mods. If you don't know whether or not a mod uses that script, then look at the files in the mod -- do you see def_arealoaded.ncs among them?)

1. Put the Stuff mod -- and ONLY the Stuff mod -- in your Data folder.

2. Start the game, and wait until Geralt has been given the item(s). Check your inventory to make sure your new items have been added, since you don't always get the "Received item X" text on the screen. (If the item goes in your quest item inventory, remember that that inventory scrolls back and forth. If the item does not go in your quest inventory but goes in your regular inventory, before you add the mod, you'll need to make sure that there's a space in your inventory for it.)

3. Save and exit the game.

4. a. Add the files for the second mod to the same folder as the first. There should be no subfolders (folders within folders)! When you are told that the file custom_script.ncs already exists and asked if you want to overwrite it, answer yes. (This is okay because you already have the item(s) from the first mod, and it's a different script that adds functionality to the items; all custom_script does is give the items to Geralt.)
b. If you're using a mod that has a folder of its own -- like FCR, the scabbard mod or the difficulty potions mod -- then you'll need to take ALL of those files out of their folder and put them in the same folder as whatever mod you started with OR you'll need to manually remove the custom_script.ncs and def_arealoaded.ncs files -- but ONLY the custom_script.ncs and def_arealoaded.ncs files -- from the first mod you used.
c. Everything that's in your The Witcher Enhanced Edition\Data folder is loaded when the game begins. We've been recommending an Override folder to make it easy to keep track of your mods, but putting some mods in Override and some mods in folders of their own in the The Witcher Enhanced Edition\Data folder does NOT keep them from conflicting.

If you feel comfortable keeping track of custom_script.ncs and which ones have been used already and which haven't, you can have mods in subfolders. If that sounds difficult or complicated to you, then you should put every file for every mod in the exact same folder, with no subfolders, and let custom_script.ncs overwrite itself each time.

5. Start your game up again, wait a few seconds, and you should get the second item(s) added. Check your inventory to make sure your new items have been added, since you don't always get the "Received item X" text on the screen. (If the item goes in your quest item inventory, remember that that inventory scrolls back and forth. If the item does not go in your quest inventory but goes in your regular inventory, before you add the mod, you'll need to make sure that there's a space in your inventory for it.)

6. Save and exit the game.

7. Repeat steps 4 - 6 for every mod you want to use that uses the def_arealoaded.ncs script.

Keep doing this until you have everything you want.

If you use the Wolf Companion, Dark Elf, or Dryad Healer mods, it should be the very last mod you add. Since the creatures get "added" frequently, they need to have their custom_script working all the time, whereas most items are only added once, so the custom_script for those items can be dispensed with once Geralt has the items.

If you use Full Combat Rebalance or the Scabbard mod, put those in last unless you use the Wolf, Dark Elf or Dryad Healer mods, in which case, put FCR in next to last.

If you use a lot of mods that give you items, check out the Many Items Mod, which enables you to pick and choose which items you want to receive -- including the "Stuff" items -- while needing only one installation for all items.

V-Man339 said:
Broken link, needs to be reuploaded.
I just tried it, and the download worked fine for me. Make sure you're logged in to the forum before you download, and it should work.

Top Bottom