TW3 Modding Alternative?

+
TW3 Modding Alternative?

I was thinking...would it be possible for people to use a moddable game to create TW3 adventures? Skyrim, for example, is supposedly very easy to mod, and they're coming out with a high-resolution version soon, so wouldn't a great deal of assets already be there?

I have no knowledge of how technology works, so go easy on me. :p

I like how all of your posts mention others doing all the work.

>I have no knowledge of how technology works

Tonnes of information are readily available for you to learn.

Why would anyone want to make "Witcher adventures" in other games, especially sh*tty ones like Skyrim? What a great use of someone's time it would be to modify other games, running on poorer engines, into Witcher.

Also the Skyrim "remaster" is absolutely irrelevant on PC, modded Skyrim on PC looks miles better and has been available for years. The only improvement it has is the fact that it's 64bit, which would allow for larger maps.

Last edited:
high-resolution version soon

There are mods that look better than this bullshit "hd" version. Skyrim has great modding support, but you will not turn it to witcher 3 or even something similar that easy, you will have to practically create a new game. For adventures, the best option is going back to witcher 2 or waiting for Redkit 2 (good luck with that).

Last edited:
Or we can like, you know, make mods to witcher 2, it has it's own tool, far more advanced than what we have here. The only thing it's missing are good guides which explain things step by step :/

Which is hard for beginners, and the graphics are inferior, but I guess you're right.

I like how all of your posts mention others doing all the work.

>I have no knowledge of how technology works

Tonnes of information are readily available for you to learn.

Why would anyone want to make "Witcher adventures" in other games, especially sh*tty ones like Skyrim? What a great use of someone's time it would be to modify other games, running on poorer engines, into Witcher.

Also the Skyrim "remaster" is absolutely irrelevant on PC, modded Skyrim on PC looks miles better and has been available for years. The only improvement it has is the fact that it's 64bit, which would allow for larger maps.

I am not going to respond to your posts, as long as you keep on making personal attacks. That sort of behavior is unacceptable.

There are mods that look better than this bullshit "hd" version. Skyrim has great modding support, but you will not turn it to witcher 3 or even something similar that easy, you will have to practically create a new game. For adventures, the best option is going back to witcher 2 or waiting for Redkit 2 (good luck with that).

I guess you're right. It would probably require a ton of work to make it happen.

Someone who's interested should finish Lykaon.

Yeah, Benz should release his latest build (and notes if there are any) so someone else can pick it up and continue his work as I doubt the man will ever get around to finish it himself, being part of official CDPR staff now and all.

By the way there is a discussion going on about reviving interest for Witcher 2 modding here

Which is hard for beginners, and the graphics are inferior, but I guess you're right.

I am not going to respond to your posts, as long as you keep on making personal attacks. That sort of behavior is unacceptable.

I guess you're right. It would probably require a ton of work to make it happen.
Couldn't have made up a better excuse for not responding to me? I don't think you understand what a personal attack is.
You didn't do it because you did not have a rebuke.

Yeah, Benz should release his latest build (and notes if there are any) so someone else can pick it up and continue his work as I doubt the man will ever get around to finish it himself, being part of official CDPR staff now and all.

By the way there is a discussion going on about reviving interest for Witcher 2 modding here

Didn't he do that, on the Lykaon thread? I could have sworn that he released the most up-to-date model.

Didn't he do that, on the Lykaon thread? I could have sworn that he released the most up-to-date model.

You mean this?

That is from 2013 and he has been showcasing 2014 builds on his YT channel, the version available for download on Moddb and Nexus are from 2013 as well.

Or am I looking in the wrong places?

Perhaps, but some impressive stuff can still be achieved. Just look at Lyakon.

It is not much though when you compare this with what is available for Skyrim here and here. It may be a "sh*tty" game to quote from one of the previous posts, but it is still better when it comes to the modding community. :) So, the OP does have a point to some extent. Although TW2 does have the obvious advantage of better support for Witcher gameplay, turning Skyrim's combat into something resembling that would not be easy.

By the way, doesn't the new "special edition" of Skyrim upgrade the engine to include at least some of the features of Fallout 4, in addition to the switch to x64 and probably DX11 ? Future mods could take advantage of those.

You mean this?

That is from 2013 and he has been showcasing 2014 builds on his YT channel, the version available for download on Moddb and Nexus are from 2013 as well.

Or am I looking in the wrong places?

Nah. I'm talking about the one on the official Lykaon thread, in the forums. Once I'm done doing what I'm doing, I'll take a look for it.

As you may know some of us already gathered to return on The Witcher 2 and make a guide is the first thing we'd like to do. Unfortunatly I can't handle myself the creation of the wiki page right now (don't know if I ll ever could) but we would be very happy to see more people regroup and make this guide a thing.

Visit here if you want. http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...r-2-modding-great-again?p=2779631#post2779631

I truly believe that the alternative to W3 modding is in The Witcher 2 for now. Farewell to the white wolf seems to demonstrate that. And The Witcher is prettier then Witcher 3 on some aspects so I think that we do not need to be concerned by graphical matters.

Top Bottom