UPDATE TO PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

+
It's seemingly absurd on the GPU given have nearly no details on changes for that - though I can hypothesize various improvements to the rendering pipeline based on the images we've seen. I know the cloud and atmosphere has been overhauled so that's a strain even if it's minuscule.

As for the CPU - that may be the way it is from the descriptions of how deep the ai and notoriety system are and they still have not detailed them in their entirety. It's not just police, it's not just gangs, it's not just the militia in dogtown; it's all of them with distinct archetypes and progression. And there are also going to be high level mercs that hunt you down for any number of reasons when you piss off enough people it seems. For that to work they've had to rework driving, driving ai, and physics among other things. And these systems have regional constraints. That's not mentioning changes to pedestrian and driving ai for civilians and Trauma Team.

Another thing, though small, are the appearance now of body physics(namely breasts). All the female body types have bones for this system, but it's turned off in the current game. I'm not sure what the specific impact is as I haven't measured it, but I know the mod that enables this across all females can produce a hit for lower end CPUs. Yes - it's more convincing than any other title at the moment.

That they're apparently going to enable this kind of irks me because I had gone through nearly every model enabling/disabling the feature based on clothing, breasts size, faction, etc for my immersion mod I wanted to release soon.... oh well.

Again; These could just be high barriers and your impact may not be that significant. All this is not happening immediately, I'm sure they will continue detailing what's coming down the line before it hits, and users on PC will certainly have a beta branch in Steam to remain on the current version of the game along with the available selection of version that Gog offers. As for Epic Store Front - well, almost the entire gaming community tried to warn people of this poison apple so... Dunno where this leaves console players.

I understand you, but unless we expect a game changing update like you mentioned above - and even then, many games have similar systems in place - I don't see it needing a 12700 for 1080p, let alone a 12900 for 4k.

That at least make some sense (having smaller CPU gaps than GPU), but it is still hard to fathom.

They would literally need to blow every other game's systems (AI, factions, etc...) to justify those specs

Have we learned nothing? System requirements are always wrong. They either over estimate or under estimate. I bet anything barely anything will change performance wise as long as you own a 20 series card or a AMD equivalent coupled with at least an 8 core processor and 16GB or ram. There's no way as long as you have that this game is suddenly going to require basically twice that. No way. Not unless they completely rebuilt the game from the ground up.

I understand you, but unless we expect a game changing update like you mentioned above - and even then, many games have similar systems in place - I don't see it needing a 12700 for 1080p, let alone a 12900 for 4k.

That at least make some sense (having smaller CPU gaps than GPU), but it is still hard to fathom.

They would literally need to blow every other game's systems (AI, factions, etc...) to justify those specs
Do they have Night City to contend with though? A huge megalopolis with details to match a modern linear corridor shooter.

I'm not offering excuses per se, but insight. It's the game world we have now, plus the new region (I'm assuming those without the expansion will still see the visual changes, though I could be wrong) and all of the new systems and at least some visual upgrades. I'm not going to hype myself up, but it sounds like they'll be opening up a lot of the game world as well, on top of the increases in traffic&ped variety/density/intelligence.

EDIT: We know even without the expansion there will be some new vehicles and/or new variants of vehicles that offer armor and weaponry also.

Screw it, I guess it's time for me to finally suck it up and to build a computer. I have time and money now, might as well.

It's up to you, but I'd honestly wait for the update to drop first - you're gonna see a ton of benchmarking all over YouTube when that happens and then we'll really see what's sufficient and what isn't.

It's up to you, but I'd honestly wait for the update to drop first - you're gonna see a ton of benchmarking all over YouTube when that happens and then we'll really see what's sufficient and what isn't.
I've been skimping about with a laptop for about 5 years now. I think It's about time for me to upgrade anyway.

As for Epic Store Front - well, almost the entire gaming community tried to warn people of this poison apple so.s. As for Epic Store Front - well, almost the entire gaming community tried to warn people of this poison apple so... Dunno where this leaves console players.

er huh? I think I missed something will my steam CP77 now need "Epic Store Front" as a new launcher?

I am sure I am just confused but could you explain what you were saying on this?

The reason this has me worried was because playing GTA purchased from steam they then switched to requiring the DEV launcher as I was about 2/3 way in the game and yet again another game I purchased half played and now cannot play it anymore as their launcher crashes on me. But again no refund as I played half the game.

CP77 I start directly from the game file exe for now (no launcher at all), so will I no longer be able to do that?

I just don't believe these system requirements. If you take CDPR's word you're basically telling me that either current gen console won't run any higher then 30fps @ 1080p. They only have a CPU on par with a 8 core processor and their GPU is on par with a 2060 Super according to DF. I mean, are they trying to make Crysis all over again? Seems pretty stupid considering this is only an expansion.

I know that CDPR sucks at optimizing, I still remember how demanding Witcher 2 was at release, compared to other games, but this is ridiculous.
You can't go and change requirements so significantly for an already existing game.
That's like the most customer unfriendly behaviour I've seen in a long time.

Seriously wondering how no one thought about maybe not letting these demands soar that high.
And if you optimized the game and this is still the requirements, then you guys are basically insane, sorry.
I have no idea how and if my system can handle the changes, but it shouldn't have to.
I paid for your game, I was naive enough to pre-order it, it should be absolutely a minimum that the game remains playable as well (if not better) as it did at release and not get so demanding you have to choose between sticking to an old version or not being able to play the game at all.

Even at launch, my PC ran the game extremely well. Even moreso last year when I went to a RTX 3070 from a GTX 980ti. My CPU should still be up to the task but that's where I worry now.

In a way, it's cool to know the game is going to step it up, and in the coming years it'll be nicer on the eyes, but hopefully I won't have any problems when the big update hits.

well when you see those requirements people freak out, its literally high end stuff in most cases here.
I don't disagree. On other forums, I'm seeing similar freaking out about minimum and recommended requirements for other games.

And some of the ones that aren't listing those types of specs are playing a game within a game, like Bethesda/Microsoft's marketing blitz trying to convince people that locking their game at 30 FPS a good thing, or just a "creative choice", according to the CEO of M$ Gaming division. It seems like higher end requirements are just going to be the new norm moving forward. I guess we'll see if more people take the plunge.

Hey CDPR, if you're reading this can you focus on making good games instead of overpriced unplayable hardware benchmarks?
Strike 1 was gimpworks, strike 2 was the unoptimized trash version of CP 2077 we got at launch (only playable with RTX hardware, since Nvidia are your main sponsors), strike 3 was Witcher 3 Next Gen which was essentially a DLSS 3 advertisement.
I'm going to assume you're going to use DLSS 3 as a crutch again and you will receive well deserved flock [...].

Last edited by a moderator:
er huh? I think I missed something will my steam CP77 now need "Epic Store Front" as a new launcher?

I am sure I am just confused but could you explain what you were saying on this?

The reason this has me worried was because playing GTA purchased from steam they then switched to requiring the DEV launcher as I was about 2/3 way in the game and yet again another game I purchased half played and now cannot play it anymore as their launcher crashes on me. But again no refund as I played half the game.

CP77 I start directly from the game file exe for now (no launcher at all), so will I no longer be able to do that?
No, not at all. I mean people who bought the game through Epic would not be able to revert to a previous version of the game if they needed to. If the sky is falling CDPR will undoubtedly have everyone on Gog and Steam covered.

While in this case the drastic changing of a game to a point it requires new hardware years after purchases leaves CDPR with some important responsibilities, it's out of their hands with regard to Epic Store Front and.. to be honest I have little sympathy for anyone who bought the game through Epic for my own ideological reasons.

No, not at all. I mean people who bought the game through Epic would not be able to revert to a previous version of the game if they needed to. If the sky is falling CDPR will undoubtedly have everyone on Gog and Steam covered.

While in this case the drastic changing of a game to a point it requires new hardware years after purchases leaves CDPR with some important responsibilities, it's out of their hands with regard to Epic Store Front and.. to be honest I have little sympathy for anyone who bought the game through Epic for my own ideological reasons.
Let's not forget that many players have the free version that Epic gave away a few years ago, trying to improve the game's image. I have it on Steam, but still, I wouldn't hold anyone responsible for having a free game that a company gave them

Let's not forget that many players have the free version that Epic gave away a few years ago, trying to improve the game's image. I have it on Steam, but still, I wouldn't hold anyone responsible for having a free game that a company gave them
Oof, I didn't even know the PC version ever hit that low.. Must've been after copies of the PS4 game were selling for 5 bucks. Anyone could have grabbed the game and upgraded to NGE once 1.5 dropped for a steal.

Oof, I didn't even know the PC version ever hit that low.. Must've been after copies of the PS4 game were selling for 5 bucks. Anyone could have grabbed the game and upgraded to NGE once 1.5 dropped for a steal.

Every Free Game Released On The Epic Games Store (gamerant.com)

Goes all the way to 2019. No CP2077.

Epic Games Store Free Games List of 2021 | GameWatcher - only 2021 but also not on the list.

Epic Games Store Free Games List of 2022 | GameWatcher - Only 2022 but no CP2077

You didn't know about it because it never happened.

EDIT: Why not throw in 2023, we all know it didn't happen in 2023 but just for good measure. Epic Games Store Free Games List of 2023 | GameWatcher - still no cyberpunk

Every Free Game Released On The Epic Games Store (gamerant.com)

Goes all the way to 2019. No CP2077.

Epic Games Store Free Games List of 2021 | GameWatcher - only 2021 but also not on the list.

Epic Games Store Free Games List of 2022 | GameWatcher - Only 2022 but no CP2077

You didn't know about it because it never happened.

EDIT: Why not throw in 2023, we all know it didn't happen in 2023 but just for good measure. Epic Games Store Free Games List of 2023 | GameWatcher - still no cyberpunk
I'm not entirely sure if they actually gave it away since I never make purchases through EPIC, but I understand that it was given for free. I've searched online, but I haven't found it either. If that's not the case, I apologize, but that's what I understand.

I'm not entirely sure if they actually gave it away since I never make purchases through EPIC, but I understand that it was given for free. I've searched online, but I haven't found it either. If that's not the case, I apologize, but that's what I understand.

No issue, I'm not throwing shade at you, just making sure the facts are out there.

Do they have Night City to contend with though? A huge megalopolis with details to match a modern linear corridor shooter.

I'm not offering excuses per se, but insight. It's the game world we have now, plus the new region (I'm assuming those without the expansion will still see the visual changes, though I could be wrong) and all of the new systems and at least some visual upgrades. I'm not going to hype myself up, but it sounds like they'll be opening up a lot of the game world as well, on top of the increases in traffic&ped variety/density/intelligence.

EDIT: We know even without the expansion there will be some new vehicles and/or new variants of vehicles that offer armor and weaponry also.

Well, plenty of sim games put big demands on CPUs. Many open world do as well.

The point is two fold:

1) How much computation did they really add? I don't think anywhere close to what you seem to believe, but that's not to judge or anything.

2) Does it justify going from a i7-4790/Ryzen 5 3600 to i9-12900/Ryzen 9 7900x for example. That is a HUGE jump.

The Ryzen 5 3600 was a one year (2019) old low-mid level CPU. The Ryzen 9 7900x is a brand new flagship chip.

Even for GPUs. My 2080 Super was the recommended for 4k/Ultra. The 3080 is around 50% faster.

Granted, the old chart was somewhat bonked (I obviously can not do 4k/60 native with my 2080 super), so the GPU makes some kind of sense.

Not the CPUs. Unless we all get our socks blown away because CDPR will have revolutionize AI, factions, mechanics, etc...

Also, I don't think that they are adding a huge world. I believe that they are just filling Pacifica and possibly filling South-East until the main road that leads to Biotechnica and the border. Basically, Pacifica. Unless you think it goes all the way to the lake?

Last edited:
Top Bottom