[UPDATED] Faction Challenge is back!

+
If i play one game win ng and one with monsters i will get the border? Because collectible stuff is my cure.

Last edited:
Pff I want the Monsters border but seems there is no way to get that since Nilfgaard has like a 90% chance of winning... I guess I'll have to play Nilfgaard even if I don't really want to.

Anyway when should we expect the balance changes?

slow_cheeetah;n10305532 said:
No progress bar, it's good.
But still, It's really easy to check, which faction out of these two has better popularity % and winratio at this moment.
So, for the Monsters players it is very unfavorable/ unable to win.

Agreed, while I am glad FC is back I think doing a 3+ Faction Challenge would be beneficial in the future because it would be more difficult to infer which of the faction would be dominant.

For the ones who ask, here are the Borders:

I get where they come from with the winner get their faction border, but damn - I would like to have both, cause I like playing both NG and MS. I don't know, I would perhaps give both Borders to both factions plus 800 MP to the winning one. Maybe tie this with 20 games per faction to trigger. I don't know, just thinking while writing.

Dominika;n10303602 said:
Challenge progress is determined by wins against all factions: those participating (Nilfgaard, Monsters) and not participating (Northern Realms, Scoia’tael, Skellige) in the challenge.

What? See, if you really want to give the community something new and refreshing, you should create a faction challenge mechanic where you can only face each other. It makes no sense to have a faction challenge where your pick plays against all as usual. It´s not that hard.

- Elia

I get where they come from with the winner get their faction border, but damn - I would like to have both, cause I like playing both NG and MS. I don't know, I would perhaps give both Borders to both factions plus 800 MP to the winning one. Maybe tie this with 20 games per faction to trigger. I don't know, just thinking while writing.

Same here, these are my two main factions.

But I am siding with Monsters for this one. You shall die worms! :evil2:

Everyone seems to think Nilfgaard will win but guys, remember the last challenge. NR was the outsider then. Granted, the progress bar helped a lot, but you never know, Nekkers are very popular at the moment too. Plus, I seem to be crushing NG and all of its archetypes with my werewolves :p

NG and MO borders, meh. I don't particularly care for the powder either, but it's better than the borders.

I do have a "win 3 matches as NG" quest, so i guess i'll just go with the flow. I'll keep playing ST and try to complete the daily quests i get, regardless of the faction, and whatever happens, happens. :)

Great, another faction war. Love it.

but I believe, borders should be given to all supporters for either faction, no matter if it wins or loose.

This challenge reward should be Kegs or Meteorite powder.. That would be fair for all..hem?

bilbo.baggins;n10308592 said:
NG and MO borders, meh. I don't particularly care for the powder either, but it's better than the borders.

I do have a "win 3 matches as NG" quest, so i guess i'll just go with the flow. I'll keep playing ST and try to complete the daily quests i get, regardless of the faction, and whatever happens, happens. :)

Powder better than the borders? Tell me you're joking..
Powder is the most useless resource in the game. You can get it by lving up, ranking up, after season ends, playing daily games, buy it from the shop etc. Also, you can open premium cards PLUS you can craft them from scraps. Then there's a ton other ways to gather scraps to get the same outcome as upgrading to a premium...
Powder = 0 value.

On the other hand, border is unique and there is no other way to obtain it. And even this way is limited to 1 week.

RVG1926;n10309672 said:
Powder better than the borders? Tell me you're joking..
Powder is the most useless resource in the game. You can get it by lving up, ranking up, after season ends, playing daily games, buy it from the shop etc. Also, you can open premium cards PLUS you can craft them from scraps. Then there's a ton other ways to gather scraps to get the same outcome as upgrading to a premium...
Powder = 0 value.

On the other hand, border is unique and there is no other way to obtain it. And even this way is limited to 1 week.

It may come as a shock to you, but not all people care about the "cosmetics". While powder is not at the top of my priority list, getting unique borders and trinkets is at the bottom of the list. I'm too old for this sh*t. So, i'd rather get the 100 powder instead of the border.

Good luck getting your faction border, but don't project your personal likes and fancies onto other people.

And now, as a reminder to all, a word from our Forum Regulations:
When perusing the forums, you will often find people passionately expressing their opinions, which may differ from yours. Regardless of these differences, please, keep the following basic rules in mind:
  • always treat others with kindness and respect
  • do not insult others and try not to easily take offense

So, you just need to win one battle with a chosen faction and not play a single match with any other? Short on time these days so will that do?

Newish player, so forgive me if I get this wrong...
The Challenge is won by whichever faction has the most wins regardless from Monsters/Nilfgaard?
Your allegiance is determined by greatest number of wins with one of those two factions against ONLY the opposing faction?

So I should expect to see a Torrential Downpour of Eredin Frost / Nekker Consume, and Jan Alchemy and Slaves? with Light Gusts of Moonlight and Spies?

Top Bottom