[V1.03] Fast travel broken

+
So after having this problem with fast travel, I decided to play the game anyways and finished the questline with triss and the mages, and found dandelion, etc. Just now tried to fast travel to white orchard and it worked. Went to the ship captain in novigrad and hired him to take me to skellige and it worked as well. Whatever the issue was has corrected itself, whether it was tied to those quests I have no idea, but I thought it worth mentioning.

Hey Thaine can you test something for me? Try to go back to novigrad from skellige and see if it will let you, because i did the same thing you did and the ship quest to take you there will work, its just i ended up stuck there. I believe its specifically trying to get back to novigrad that causes problems. Thanks in advance.

Side note: it definately has something to do with the quests after "Get Junior" because I loaded up an old save and it let me fast travel all over the place, load up one of my more recent saves and can't get back to Novigrad from Skellige or White Orchard.

Last edited:
Done triss and dandelion. 60+ hours played. 100% CTD when taking first trip to skellige from novigrad. Earlier save works from 1 day back. Decided to continue doing velen, novigrad quests and see if that helps.

Have the same problem with my GF PC.
Loaded her saves with no problems, but got this travel crash.

My own travel was w/o any problems, so looks like it's a 100% game problem.

bump still no word on this?

I would really like to be able to finish the game!!

Same here

---------- Updated at 11:40 AM ----------

---------- Updated at 11:41 AM ----------

Why the hell take CD Projekt Red in this regard no position. I mean, hotfix ? ASAP? CDPRED we wanna finish this game!

Last edited:

Why the hell take CD Projekt Red in this regard no position. I mean, hotfix ? ASAP? CDPRED we wanna finish this game!

My guess is it's not something simple.

That said I would really like to know what is causing this I have kind given up after my save file breaking twice.

Having the same problem, cannot progress the story by going to Skellige nor go back to the previous regions to do some of the stuff I've missed. I'm slowly running out of things to do in Velen...

Got my reply from support today, asking for my savefile. Still crashing upon trying today, even in a save from 25 hours back, so I am completely and utterly stuck. Maybe I'll try the level 33 quest I have at level 18, just for something to do.

If I have to listen to old man Dandelion read that damn loading screen one more time I'm likely to throw the monitor out the window.

Wish mine was working like yours thaine! I'm trying to complete every quest I can possibly do before I go mad. I'm going to be a Gwent master by the time it gets fixed.

Works great. Went back to novigrad to have a sword crafted and then back to skellige for more questing.

Well I sure wish I knew what you did differently, maybe if i complete all the novigrad side quests it will let me go. I suppose I could just get on the ship to Skellige and finish the story, then do a second playthrough for the sidequest stuff

I think I am just going to go play something else.

I just don't care anymore to redo all my lost progress. Knowing that this will just happen again.

I just wish that somebody would at least tell me this is being looked at. My CS ticket hasn't even been replied to.

Really disappointed right now.

Well I sure wish I knew what you did differently, maybe if i complete all the novigrad side quests it will let me go. I suppose I could just get on the ship to Skellige and finish the story, then do a second playthrough for the sidequest stuff

You can get on the ship to Skellige without it crashing? That's my entire issue right there.

So yeah, seems it's fixed for me aswell. Not exactly sure what changed, after having done pretty much any level 20 quests and below I decided to give the ship to Skellige another try and it surprisingly didn't crash. Afterwards I could travel to any other region aswell. I guess to keep questing might be a solution...

Glad it's fixed for you BoardLord! News from me too! Just literally sailed again, and it worked. I could cry. I am a grown ass adult and I could cry because it's finally working.

The quests I finished were the horse racing quests, both Velen and Novigrad, all Gwent quests in Velen and Novigrad, the Witcher scavenger hunts - Griffin and Cat, and all Witcher contracts up to about Level 23. I have Dirty Funds and Empty Coop (two Velen quests) unfinished, because they are both bugged for me. All Dandelion and Triss quests are done. I hope this helps someone else!

Solved !

So, we checked all the quests that was taken, and unfinished on final stage (in our case that was Ekima quest) and after finishing it - hurrrray! - we on Skellege.
May be counts only monster hunt quests, at least - worked only after this.

I think i found the culprit:

Contract: The Mystery of the Byways Murders

After clearing this quest i can now fast travel to other regions again. I suspect the quest was somehow in a bugged state, because i stumbled upon it by chance instead of accepting it from a notice board or the quest giver.

Ah yes, that quest could very well be it, since I found it randomly aswell. It was the last quest I finished before taking the boat to Skellige so we might be on to something.

Top Bottom