"Wait and see if the game reach your standard"

+
Complains about PRE-ORDER?!?! Dude, buy gear and the game itself after the release..... move along

Yes you are so right... But the thing is with cdpr I expected things to be different. Desillusion. But anyway why evryone focus on that? That the part on the communication I thought important XD But anyway I already regret posting this. Hope it will get locked soon. It just felt good while writing it. Didn't had the courage of not posting. Anyway the game will rock. I am not denying that.

While I see your point and I agree that the general "downgrade"-issue (in all games and for all developers) should be handled more openly and honestly, I can not understand somebody who's upgrading his PC on the basis of a trailer.

I mean, it's not like it takes ages to build a PC, does it? You can order the parts, wait 2-4 days, build it all together and get going. It's kinda frustrating that we're not getting PC reviews now, I was kinda basing my own upgrade decision on that. But however, I'm going to wait for launch and decide what and if to order any upgrades. And even if you can not wait a few days post release until you want to play, you should never, ever upgrade solely based on a trailer, screenshot or developer announcement.
Even if the developer has the best intentions it's entirely possible that they present you with a vision of what they believe it to be - and after a year or two later they're simply getting to a point where they have to admit: It's not possible. That does not have to be a "let's just lie to all our customers"-approach, sometimes things just don't turn out the way you wanted them to. However, I agree that this situation should be communicated way more actively: "Look guys, we're working hard on this but some things turned out to be impossible while maintaining half-decent frame rates. Sorry." On the other hand I can completely see why devs aren't doing it. The internet can sometimes be a very nasty place and seeing some reactions in games communities (and on non-games communities too, like the public shaming we regularly witness on Twitter) I can totally understand the reluctance to approach this topic in a more open manner.

Yeah me too. That's what I say too. They are not responsible for what I have done. You should read better. What I say is a bit different^^

No offense but I've not mentioned you or directly replied you. Just give my HO as you done ;)

you know what? I am sick of this discussion.
Comparing actual game-looks to early trailers, really? Games that look that good so no one can even run them?

I rather appreciate every fucking so-called "downgrade" if it makes the game run smooth or makes it even run AT ALL. never expected it to look like a trailer, because cinematics are what they are, and actual gameplay is different.

Yes you are so right... But the thing is with cdpr I expected things to be different. Desillusion. But anyway why evryone focus on that? That the part on the communication I thought important XD But anyway I already regret posting this. Hope it will get locked soon. It just felt good while writing it. Didn't had the courage of not posting. Anyway the game will rock. I am not denying that.
I expected something different, too. I *gambled* with my money. Did not win what i wanted but i surely did not lose. Game will be great regardless of Downgrades and all that jazz.

While I see your point and I agree that the general "downgrade"-issue (in all games and for all developers) should be handled more openly and honestly, I can not understand somebody who's upgrading his PC on the basis of a trailer.

I mean, it's not like it takes ages to build a PC, does it? You can order the parts, wait 2-4 days, build it all together and get going. It's kinda frustrating that we're not getting PC reviews now, I was kinda basing my own upgrade decision on that. But however, I'm going to wait for launch and decide what and if to order any upgrades. And even if you can not wait a few days post release until you want to play, you should never, ever upgrade solely based on a trailer, screenshot or developer announcement.
Even if the developer has the best intentions it's entirely possible that they present you with a vision of what they believe it to be - and after a year or two later they're simply getting to a point where they have to admit: It's not possible. That does not have to be a "let's just lie to all our customers"-approach, sometimes things just don't turn out the way you wanted them to. However, I agree that this situation should be communicated way more actively: "Look guys, we're working hard on this but some things turned out to be impossible while maintaining half-decent frame rates. Sorry." On the other hand I can completely see why devs aren't doing it. The internet can sometimes be a very nasty place and seeing some reactions in games communities (and on non-games communities too, like the public shaming we regularly witness on Twitter) I can totally understand the reluctance to approach this topic in a more open manner.

give this man a medal

you know what? I am sick of this discussion.
Comparing actual game-looks to early trailers, really? Games that look that good so no one can even run them?

I rather appreciate every fucking so-called "downgrade" if it makes the game run smooth or makes it even run AT ALL. never expected it to look like a trailer, because cinematics are what they are, and actual gameplay is different.

That's perfectly fine. However, if your marketing and PR constantly claims the game looks like the trailer (which happens a lot, e.g. Battlefront currently) that's what it should be. Downgrades are not the issue, honest communication is the issue. Of cause I know that companies will lie to me (that's not directed at CD RED btw., we don't know it yet in this case) but that doesn't mean it's unreasonable to expect them not to do it.

Top Bottom