Watch The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt “The Trail” Opening Cinematic

+
I have a question (got somehow lost with all this information).

Why Yennefer only emerges now, where were she all the time during the events of the 1 and 2 chapters of the game?
Why now?
Did she escape from somewhere?
My memory fails me.

We don't really know as far as the games say. Nilfgaard had her when they grabbed the Kingslayers (she was with them after the Geralt for Yen exchange with the Wild Hunt). Other than that I don't remember Letho saying much.

We don't really know as far as the games say. Nilfgaard had her when they grabbed the Kingslayers (she was with them after the Geralt for Yen exchange with the Wild Hunt). Other than that I don't remember Letho saying much.

So, the question remains: when and how did she escape nilfgaardians?
(And we will see it explained in W3.)

Yea if this Intro Cinematic flows directly into the start of the game, then it's actually really brilliant.

Guess we'll wait and see..

That's exactly what I was thinking also. I thought it looked a tad bit more like another Yen teaser trailer, than an actual intro movie to the game. But, if the intro flows directly into the beginning of the game itself, with continuity. It would be really cool ^^

Sorry , my mistake.I saw the red/white striped band over the head of one of Nilfgaardian soldiers helm(that poor guy devoured by land) and thought he is Aedirn soldier(Saskia has the same band )/ But maybe its just the division mark for that soldier-maybe he was meant to be in Aedirn. also i have noticed there is no scene with crowd of Nilfgaardians in the woods which was in SoD trailer. Is it possible that we will get next CGI in future?

Last edited:
The cinematic was for me absolutely fine. Geralt is searching for and tracking Yennefer, She intended them to meet but she had to escape because of the war - she is running away. But the war draws ever closer and I think the fact she gets 'knock' of the horse in the middle of the battle is a artistic way of saying EVERYONE gets dragged into this war whether they want to or not and have to choose sides or as Geralt try to walk the almost impossible part of staying neutral.

So again for me a perfect trailer - It sets the intention of Geralt, the mood/atmosphere in the game (to the degree possible) and consequences of the war perfectly. That is for me much more important than for it to be a technically feast of amazing CGI. I much rather they use their resources on the story and the game itself.

Why are they releasing cinematic trailer instead of trailer with the game's engine? I don't know, traditions, I suppose. I thought the Letho intro was better, but sometimes things are enlightened by the game, so I'll wait for that.

It would be a good time to release new infos about the game, because I try very hard to stay on the hype train... All I'm seeing is a Witcher 2 2.0 + Witcher books 2.0 + open world. I'm more excited by what TW3 could have been; in fact, this trailer made me want to play Yennefer much more than Geralt since he recovered his memory.

Last edited:
As something that leads you into the premise of the game, it works well. We may be on her trail right from the opening moments. On its own, a bit lackluster. Would have been nice if it ended in a brutal fight with Geralt and Vesimer taking out some foot soldiers. Maybe there's more to the final version because it is short.

How much time and peoples do you think needed to make just 2 min of video like that? Not less than half year -i`m` sure of that. Even with crew of profesionals.

How much time and peoples do you think needed to make just 2 min of video like that? Not less than half year -i`m` sure of that. Even with crew of profesionals.
We seen this video year ago when W3 preorder was revealed. So I am guessing its been ready for a while now. But yes its not easy to make such a wonderful video.

We seen this video year ago when W3 preorder was revealed. So I am guessing its been ready for a while now. But yes its not easy to make such a wonderful video.

You've seen a very small part of it. What it implies is that Platige Image has been working on this trailer since well before 'Sword of Destiny'.

This image sums up the reason why I liked the Trail. Parallelism.

Source

Though I agree with most of you guys I think this is very well done. I really liked the transitions between the war and Geralt looking for Yennefer especially because of how the music changed.

Seems like a lot of people are underwhelmed.

Some people are, some aren't. I think most people were expecting something longer or with more of a standalone story to it. So those people are a little put off by it not being able to work alone.

As others have said; if it leads straight into the game or close to it will work great. Just not the best as a freestanding trailer.

Top Bottom