Weekly Poll - 5/28/2019 - Lifepath (Backstory)

+

What do you most want from the “Lifepath” system in the character creator?

• Total voters
It would definitely be nice to have the life path affect the gameplay. For instance, if your V had their hand cut off and fed to a crocodile in the past, it would make sense for the crocodile which swallowed the hand (and previously an alarm clock) to doggedly follow you for the rest of your life. I very much hope this exact scenario is in the game.

It would definitely be nice to have the life path affect the gameplay. For instance, if your V had their hand cut off and fed to a crocodile in the past, it would make sense for the crocodile which swallowed the hand (and previously an alarm clock) to doggedly follow you for the rest of your life. I very much hope this exact scenario is in the game.

I give you thumbs up for the reference :D

I'm surprised so few people voted for #3. Being able to pick a historical friend sounds very useful in establishing someone's general backstory.
A corpo background with a corpo friend would suggest that V still has corporate contacts. A corpo background with a nomad friend would suggest that V is running away from both his/her past and literally from a corporation. Etc.
This wouldn't necessarily need to have a big impact on the game- even just its contribution to the player's headcannon alone would be significant.

Top Bottom