Welcome Thread [Archive]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello my name is Vergil. Just here to say that I'm a huge Witcher fan and I've been waiting for Cyberpunk 2077 since 2013. I know the devs are working hard to make the best game they have ever made and it's going to be phenomenal. I think I'm quite ready for it:
IMG_20201012_142200.jpg

Couldn't fit all the goodies in one picture. Thanks to my gf for most of them haha.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, really excited to play the game next month! I decided to join the forum to to stay up to date on news and in case I need help with anything :D

Hello everyone

I am quite new to gwent (but not card games).

Started since Season of griffin so it has been 5 months.

I actually wanted to start a thread to discuss if Dwarfs are playable in pro rank and if any viable decks available. However it seems I cannot start a thread unless I have 10 post.

I am still short of Scraps and I saw trynet latest deck on youtube and thought of creating it. Should I spent my scraps on it ?

Any advice from Vet players ?

I just want to say what's up.

I've always been known for the person with the pre order curse. For some backstory.

There were a couple of games in the past i pre ordered and I have a 100% track record of all of them flopping bad.

So before any of my friends pre order a game they always asked me if it looks like I would order them.

The moment CyberPunk 2077 came on steam preorder i had no interest in preordering it haha.

I'm looking forward to playing it very very soon.

Hello everyone,

I'm from the U.S. and first got introduced to CDPR with The Witcher 3. A friend lent it to me and I have since gotten into Gwent (rank 18, slowly climbing) and can't wait for Cyberpunk 2077.

Congrats to the whole team on going Gold!

Guest 4415471

Hey guys and gals, [pipes] here… aaand 13 years late to the party it seems, when I look at the first post in this thread. WOW!

Although I know CDPR for quite some time ofc, I never played The Witcher. I tried Wild Hunt and Gwent, but I was never fully hooked, there was always some other stuff which caught my attention. (But I looove the series on Netflix. <3)

Now, Cyberpunk 2077 is THAT OTHER STUFF. The last time I was so hyped was GTA IV (you know, the one with an actual number after a bunch of years?! xD).

It also brought me to streaming and that with my biblical age, hehe. So, let us get through the last couple of days without going insane and have fun, peeps.
Just have fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,

I have a question: Will there be some kind of graphical comparison video or something like that to show the difference between the console and PC version? Can't decide right now wether to preorder the PS4 version or to upgrade my PC to get it ready for raytracing. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Greetings!

Hello everyone

I am quite new to gwent (but not card games).

Started since Season of griffin so it has been 5 months.

I actually wanted to start a thread to discuss if Dwarfs are playable in pro rank and if any viable decks available. However it seems I cannot start a thread unless I have 10 post.

I am still short of Scraps and I saw trynet latest deck on youtube and thought of creating it. Should I spent my scraps on it ?

Any advice from Vet players ?
I love playing dwarves, but it is hard to make a pure dwarf deck that is competitive at higher ranks. I'm not familiar with the video you're mentioning so can't really speak to that at all.

Hi everyone,

I have a question: Will there be some kind of graphical comparison video or something like that to show the difference between the console and PC version? Can't decide right now wether to preorder the PS4 version or to upgrade my PC to get it ready for raytracing. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Greetings!
That is something random people make on YouTube. And then when it comes to PC it's not just PC, but graphics card + processor, and each will vary, but after a certain point there would be maximum or ultra settings. Then there are mods, specifically the graphics kind, that can make games look even better on PC, but that can also require more memory and better graphics card and processor. So to answer your question, yes I'm sure there will be videos on YouTube made by people who do that kind of thing that show comparisons between systems and components.

Hey Guys.

posting here as I'm new and I'm totally stuck.

Quest:
Scenes From a Marriage! Fighting the Wraith (disrupting the mirrors).

Issue:
Im on NG+ & my attacks are not doing much damage at all so by the time i reach the mirror her health is almost full again. Ive used grapeshot bombs but they run out, and ive equipped appropriate oil

Equipped:
Enhanced Specter Oil
Weapon: 889 -1087 Silver Sword
ive put on light amour: 449 (Chest) to move quicker 189 (other gear)

Any tips would be much appreciated - I'm about to get RSI .

Thank you

Last edited:
Equipped:
Enhanced Specter Oil
Weapon: 889 -1087 Silver Sword
ive put on light amour: 449 (Chest) to move quicker 189 (other gear)
What is your build?
I remember having to use a Potion of Clearance to respec and invest in combat skills just to be able to deal enough damage to that wraith.

Also, if you're not already doing it, using the crossbow to smash the paintings can be quicker and therefore more effective than swords or Signs.

Just made Some Fun WallPapers in anticipation OF super Best Game ever !
<3 CANT WAIT
ArtWork: Courtesy of the Random Cyberpunk Youtube Music Videos and Promotions Trailers :0

Attachments

• Cyberpunkcity2077.png
    Cyberpunkcity2077.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 30
  • Pink001.jpg
    Pink001.jpg
    995.4 KB · Views: 44
  • CyberCity20772K.jpg
    CyberCity20772K.jpg
    987.7 KB · Views: 34
Hello dear CDPR,

I would just like to ask you if you could make sure there is proper support for Dualshock 4 controller on PC. I've just tried to use my Dualshock 4 through USB cable (I don't have BT adapter) on Steam version of Witcher 3 and it is showing me XBOX button prompts (no matter if I have PS4 controller support enabled in steam or not, it always shows xbox prompts, I tried everything). The only thing that worked was when I manually edited inputManager.ws file and run the game with -forcescriptcompilation . I don't know what Microsoft did, but Windows 10 recognizes Dualshock 4 controller as "Wireless Controller" and automatically sets up the xbox prompts. It would be great if we wouldn't need to look for any workaround fixes once Cyberpunk 2077 launches and there would be proper support for Dualshock with standard mapping visible within the in-game settings.

Kind Regards,
Libor from Czech republic

What is your build?
I remember having to use a Potion of Clearance to respec and invest in combat skills just to be able to deal enough damage to that wraith.

Also, if you're not already doing it, using the crossbow to smash the paintings can be quicker and therefore more effective than swords or Signs.

awesome tips - I shall give that a go, much appreciated
Post automatically merged:

I have noticed that Gerald locks on the wraith so if the m
What is your build?

As I was already in-fight automatically with the wraith on reloading I am limited in what i can do, I may have had to load last save then use the potion, it did nothing selection that potion in fight.
Also try not to be trapped between the wraith and the mirror behind you. Gerald locks on the wraith - cannot just turn around and disrupt the mirror which is a real pain as by the time you roll into position she regenerates a lot or goes into the mirror entirely.

But much appreciated, got her done.
Brightening up my screen so I could see her more clearly (Gamma), Using a normal hit first to stun her, then stronger hits to deal more damage (very effective) then slashing the first couple of mirrors then grapeshot the rest (low quantity) and using Raffard's decoction to boost health - for anyone stuck here she is a toughie.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone.

For Cyberpunk i really want both of getting the case with the physicals bonuses and giving the 100% of my money to CDPR on GOG... Is there any way to achieve that without buying the game twice (wich i unfortunatly cant afford)?

I'm quite sure i'm not alone who struggle with that.

Hello Mods, would you create a new Gwent-thread for me, please?

Topic: XP gain calculation

How many XP do i gain for winning a game of Gwent?
Are there rules known to calculate the XP gain?
for example: do i get more xp for getting a higher score?
for winning 2:0 rather then 2:1?
what is the xp gain for ties?

on reddit i've found a post talking about xp gain per played cards, in this forum one post said that a win gains 50xp. In all these cases it was stated like a official fact, but i haven't found any official or comprehensive source yet.

Are the numbers for xp gains known? Are there estimates based on experience?

The main reason i want to know this, is to estimate how much i still have to play to get to Prestige 1 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom