Welcome Thread [Archive]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I should say hi and thanks for allowing me in. I'm from Canada but presently residing in China. Sorry to say although I enjoy gaming I am not a serious gamer like most of you (or possibly all of you here). Quite busy with work and stuff and also because I suck--I am not good at remembering making this or that move. Too many things to remember have to be written down, requiring often pauses (answering questions like What am I supposed to do? How do I do that? etc. and if it's too complicated I say, Are you kidding me? NO way. I always play in easy mode. I easily go in circles etc. Hence now you know why I suck and just about never play online because of the above reasons. BTW I am close to retirement age--hence I am in my 50s and not teens, or 20s/30s like many gamers.
Post automatically merged:

Oh I would like to request help. All I have found regarding my problem seems to be 5 years old hence not dealing with windows 10. I am playing 'The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition" on Steam and games won't save. I read that the cloud should not be full but that is not my problem: it's empty and not being used. I also read to look at where the games are being saved, because it can't handle too many saves. Well that too is not the problem since I only saw 5 saves there (even though I actually remembering saving about 10 X). Anyhow I renamed all saves but the last one with ".old", created a sub folder and placed all of the old ones in there and still game doesn't show any saves and requires me to start a new one (2nd time around now). ANd my anitivirus doesn't seem to have a plce to unblock the game (nor did I have any pop up telling me it has blocked anything hence that should not be the problem)

Last edited:
Oh I would like to request help. All I have found regarding my problem seems to be 5 years old hence not dealing with windows 10. I am playing 'The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition" on Steam and games won't save. I read that the cloud should not be full but that is not my problem: it's empty and not being used. I also read to look at where the games are being saved, because it can't handle too many saves. Well that too is not the problem since I only saw 5 saves there (even though I actually remembering saving about 10 X). Anyhow I renamed all saves but the last one with ".old", created a sub folder and placed all of the old ones in there and still game doesn't show any saves and requires me to start a new one (2nd time around now). ANd my anitivirus doesn't seem to have a plce to unblock the game (nor did I have any pop up telling me it has blocked anything hence that should not be the problem)

Welcome to the forums!

Regarding your issue, it seems, to me, it might be a Windows 10 permissions issue.
What i would do:
  1. Run the game as administrator (Go to your game's local files location, right click the .exe and select "run as administrator") - this usually solves permission issues.
  2. You can also try setting your save games folder as not read only, if you're using local saves. If you're not, try using local saves instead of cloud. To set not read-only -> right click on the save-games folder ( (...)Steam\userdata\<user>\20920\remote\ OR C:\Users\...\Documents\Witcher 2\gamesaves ) then select "Properties" and un-tick "read only" and hit "apply". Although, in some instances, the folder is only created if you saved at least once so it might not be there when you look for it.
Hope it helps.

Greetings everyone. I got interested in Cyberpunk in January and recently caught the hype bug because I started diving into the lore and history of the series. I needed a place I could scratch my itch to talk about Cyberpunk, so I'm glad I can be here. I already have 3 different characters I plan on making in the game plus a fourth I'm working on. I'm also really interested in the upcoming Cyberpunk Red since I love DnD.
Looking forward to making Night City my home.

Guest 4392008

HEY HEY PEOPLE !!!

Yt84824.png

'sup, ya'll.
I've been playing Gwent for roughly a month by now, and been reading/posting on this forum for almost three weeks, so I think it's about time I'd introduce myself and give out an an invite for anyone caring to play/join/get mutual bonuses/etc.

Name's Alexander and I'm currently residing in Russian Federation (hailing from Moscow region), though I have a house (real estate) in Japan (Tokyo, Nerima ward) which I've bought way back in mid 2000s (but I'm currently not living there personally and been renting the place out for other people as means of additional income as of late) and during several first years (roughly 5~6 after I became 1 year old) of my early childhood I've been living in Germany (Wittstock or/a.k.a. Dosse, it's complicated). I primarily speak and write in Russian, English, and Japanese languages, though I also understand Ukrainian and Belarussian just fine, and know some of the Portuguese (or, rather, Brazilian derivative/style of it in particular) and German lingo on a very light/basic level.

I consider myself to be a seasoned hardcore gamer and I've been playing video games since 1987, with my very first ever platforms being my father's imported-straight-from-Japan MSX 2, Sharp X1 "Turbo Z" and X68000 Super HD, and NEC PC-98 series (I don't remember well which exact version/revision/configuration of PC-98 it was, but it was definitely a 98 system and not 88), and also an Apple IIGS, which me and my older brother were allowed to use regularly to play some titles that our father was installing for us (since, obviously, at that time we were just small kids and didn't know neither the Japanese language nor even just mere English) beforehand. These machines were primarily used by our father to do some serious work, but he was playing video games on them from time to time personally too and so allowed us to do the same occasionally as well (not by/on demand, though). A little bit later that same year we also got Nintendo's "GAME & WATCH" handheld/pocket system and an Atari 2600 gaming console in our home.

I'm also currently an electric guitar player and started playing in the year 1999 (my most favorite models ever being: Fernandes' Vertigo Elite and UJL 2000, Gibson's Firebird VII and Les Paul Custom "Black Beauty", Godin's "ICON" Type 3, and Duesenberg's "Starplayer TV" a.k.a. "Starplayer II"), and an ex-professional DJ (I've started in 2001 and retired from the said scene sometime in 2007, my main genres of expertise at the time being Deep House, Liquid Drum & Bass/Funk, Break Beat, and Progressive Trance).

There's more going for me than just that, but I obviously can't write absolutely everything down to the very last detail, there's just way too much (like the mere fact alone I've been playing fighting games competitively on a tourney level since 1998 and was an avid/prominent member of the worldwide FGC at the very least until my partial retirement from the scene in the 2014, for example. That entire part of my life is a completely separate wholesome thing on it's own, so writing all of THAT down is nearly impossible and I sure as hell won't be doing that in here, sparing you all the madness), so that's basically that for the current time being.

Here's an invite to Gwent, so if any of you care/would like to accept the invite/join and play with me sometime, feel free to do so.
Do take a note, though: nowadays I mostly (most often, but things can change sometimes, depending on situation, like if I move to some other region/city/country or etc., for example, which I may do sometimes) tend to play almost every day in a time frame window between 22:00 (22PM) and until 02:00 (2AM) of the next day's morning by the Moscow time, so if you wish to directly play with me you'd better remember this. And, also, I usually (not always, though) take kind of a "day off" from playing anything on Sundays, so I may not enter any games at all during that particular day of the week (I'll still be browsing online and might post something on GOG or in here if I feel like doing so, however). So, all in all - good luck to you all and, most importantly, have fun.

Last edited:
Hi! I'm new to The Witcher. I've seen the tv show, read the first 3 books and am now playing The Witcher 1.
My name is Amber and I'm from Oslo, Norway. I'm a librarian and archivist.
I've played pen and papaer rpgs since 1986. I enjoy rpg computer games, too.
Welcome! I hope you enjoy the rest of the Witcher games and books. What pnp RPGs are your favorites?
Greetings everyone. I got interested in Cyberpunk in January and recently caught the hype bug because I started diving into the lore and history of the series. I needed a place I could scratch my itch to talk about Cyberpunk, so I'm glad I can be here. I already have 3 different characters I plan on making in the game plus a fourth I'm working on. I'm also really interested in the upcoming Cyberpunk Red since I love DnD.
Looking forward to making Night City my home.
Welcome! You can find our in depth run down of 2077 here - Everything We've Heard So Far About Cyberpunk 2077 - and a lore thread related to the 2077 here - Mega 2020 Lore Thread - Trailer Breakdown!

Hello CDPR-forums!

I am here because it seems that CDPR does not have a "general" category for support-tickets and that people are pointed to these forums if non-standard issues are encountered. (It looks like this forum is for multible CDPR games so pardon me if the following issue from Gwent does not belong here.)

I am certain (or at least 95% sure) that I was awarded 300ore too much from a node in the "Season of Magic" season tree. I should have received 100ore but instead got 400ore from the node just before the last quest. I was also awarded the "freelancer" contract with the accompanying 3 reward points upon logging in the following day even though I could have sworn it was with these I bought the before mentioned node.
Is there a way I can confirm whether I have encountered a bug or just lost my marbles? I would rather a member of the CDPR support team removed 300ore and 3 reward points from my account than risk being banned for exploiting :)

Last edited:
Hello CDPR-forums!

I am here because it seems that CDPR does not have a "general" category for support-tickets and that people are pointed to these forums if non-standard issues are encountered. (It looks like this forum is for multible CDPR games so pardon me if the following issue from Gwent does not belong here.)

I am certain (or at least 95% sure) that I was awarded 300ore too much from a node in the "Season of Magic" season tree. I should have received 100ore but instead got 400ore from the node just before the last quest. I was also awarded the "freelancer" contract with the accompanying 3 reward points upon logging in the following day even though I could have sworn it was with these I bought the before mentioned node.
Is there a way I can confirm whether I have encountered a bug or just lost my marbles? I would rather a member of the CDPR support team removed 300ore and 3 reward points from my account than risk being banned for exploiting :)

Welcome @MinimalFantazy !

These are only community forums. If you're looking for official CDPR Support, simply read and follow the steps listed in the FAQs.

If those steps don't solve the problem, or your exact issue is not addressed, you'll find links to create support tickets at the end of the appropriate sections.

Hey, i need some help
IDK where this circle thing appeared from , in the upper right corner, and i need to know how to disable it. Seems like it's related to audio, the radar blinks in the direction anyone is speaking from

Last edited:
Hey, i need some help
IDK where this circle thing appeared from , in the upper right corner, and i need to know how to disable it. Seems like it's related to audio, the radar blinks in the direction anyone is speaking from

This is likely an overlay feature from something like Steam, MSI Afterburner, Nvidia Ansel, etc. Check to see what you have running, then disable them one at a time and re-launch the game until you find the culprit.

Zach from USA. My brother played Witcher 1 and 2, but I didn't catch interest until after watching the Netflix series. Now I've beat TW1 and just starting TW2. Hopefully I can beat TW3 before season 2 is released on Netflix.

Hello all!
Well, to introduce myself: I am a fellow gamer like most of you here, I first came in contact with CDPR games with the Witcher 3 and I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT (I was always a big fan of epic fantasy genre, since Warcraft, The Elder Scrolls, LOTR, Game of Thrones (RIP GoT) etc...)! :D I now love the whole Witcher universe, have watched and read all the stuff that happens in the previous games though I did not play them. I tried watching the Netflix series but I was disappointed right on the first episode with how they failed to explain wtf happened in Blavekin. :/
Now that I've finished W3 (plus both expansions ofc :D ), I have started playing Gwent both on my Android phone and on Steam and I love it as well!
The real and honest reason I came to the forums was to ask why the hell are like 80% of players I get matched against called "Red"? Lol are we two like the only two people playing at that exact moment? xD Or is that a generic name that the game gives some people? Or are those ppl who actually work for CDPR? :eek:
I mean okay today I played some 6 matches and didn't get a single guy called Red but some days ago it was like 90% of the matches. :]

Okay enough writing, glad to be here and cheers all, seeyas in the game! :)

How can ı open a post and ask something

(POSSIBLE BUG) Hello everyone. I am playing witcher 3. I just finished the For the advancement of science quest and it said you finished the quest. But when ı go to the ısle the quest fails. I didnt understand. Even when ı look to the failed quests ı can see the green check marks. Is this a bug or am i doing it wrong.

Last edited:
todos23345Mesa de trabajo 1@2x-100.jpg

Hi CDPR team, I have completed all intimidate contracts but the 500 one didn't give me the 5RP, sorry for posting this here, I'm not able yet to create a thread by myself.

How can ı open a post and ask something

(POSSIBLE BUG) Hello everyone. I am playing witcher 3. I just finished the For the advancement of science quest and it said you finished the quest. But when ı go to the ısle the quest fails. I didnt understand. Even when ı look to the failed quests ı can see the green check marks. Is this a bug or am i doing it wrong.

When this happens, it's usually a result of mods, or it's the game making it fail to prevent a bigger issue in some other area.

ive just finished the whole game. just right now. took me 200+ hrs on my first playthrough. cant wait to start NG+ and start all over again.

I looked up the CDPR website only for one reason. To the DEVS, you are simply amazing. That game changed my perspective and set the standard. And i just wanna grab the opportunity to thank you for all the hardwork and dedication you put into all of these. CPDR, never change. LONG LIVE TW3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom