What disappointed you about this game?

+
What disappointed you about this game?

51 hours in and this is a great game. I don't overreact like some people here to say this is the best game ever. There are so many genre of games you can't compare.

I know the developers work hard to make a game of this scale but there are some things that are a disappointment since no game is perfect.

With that said, what are some of the things that disappointed you about this game?

*eats popcorn*

Would you mind adding to the discussion? Obviously there must be something that disappointed you about the game.

I mean it an amazing game and definitely GOTY unless Phantom Pain and Arkham Knight have something up their sleeve but no game is perfect.

The way they handled the Triss/Yennefer relationship.

It's too clear they favored Triss, if not because they forced her on you in the first two games, then because they thrust Triss and the deciding choice on you before you even get to say more than 5 sentences with Yen. They didn't give anyone who didn't read the books a chance to even get to know her before the decision was sprung on them. There wasn't enough time with Yen in the game.

Last edited:

It's too clear they favored Triss, if not because they forced her on you in the first two games, then because they thrust Triss and the deciding choice on you before you even get to say more than 5 sentences with Yen. They didn't give anyone who didn't read the books a chance to even get to know her before the decision was sprung on them. There wasn't enough time with Yen in the game.

Are you saying that Triss or Yen is being left out? I do agree that there isn't a balance when it come to both those relationship.

Thank you for being the first to add to this topic.

#1 The sex is terrible! It's just as awkward and immersionless as it was in Witcher 2! For all the promises they made that Witcher 3 would be an "adult" game they completely under-delievered.

#2 Why isn't there any bacon? Despite the amaaaaaazing variety food variety in this game they left out one of the most important foods on planet Earth!

Those are the only two things I dislike. I even like the graphics.

Last edited:
1) I loved the intricate politics in TW2 so the lack of similar quality is a big let down for me.
2) I find the design of 95% of armors in TW2 horrific. It's especially puzzling after amazing armors in TW2.
3) I'm not a fan of pacing in the game. Absolutely as expected, an open world game would suffer from this which is why I was dubious about this lovely open world idea.
4) Don't care for the way alchemy is handled. Why are there ingredients EVERYWHERE when I really only need very few with the self-rebuilding alchemy items.
5) Not a fan of using potions in combat but if that's in, I'd like at least an animation that can be interrupted.
6) Most skills seem fairly useless, I don't feel much character building compared to TW1/TW2.
7) The quest design took a serious downgrade imho with glowing yellow circles leading you by the nose from point A to point B. I enjoyed NOT having directions in several quests in TW2 where you had to figure things out for yourself.

Overall... the only thing I DO like more in TW3 than TW2 is pretty gorgeous up-close character models in cut scenes. Just about everything else has been a let down. Now, I'm not saying it's not a great game, it is... it's just inferior in most ways to its predecessor in my eyes.

Are you saying that Triss or Yen is being left out? I do agree that there isn't a balance when it come to both those relationship.

Yeah, they basically left Yen by the wayside. They give you Triss, for two entire games, then early in the third before even meeting Yen aside from the end of the prologue area, ask you to commit to her. You don't even get to be introduced to Yen as a character before it happens.

If I hadn't read the books, I would have just gone with Triss right there, almost solely because "Yennefer who?"

There are two things I dislike about The Witcher 3:

The sex is terrible! It's just as awkward and immersionless as it was in Witcher 2!! Literally ZERO improvment in this area. For all the promises they made that Witcher 3 would be the sexiest game alive they completely under-delievered! Geralt is a sexy character, don't get me wrong. But the sex itself leaves a lot to be desired.

Why isn't there any bacon? Despite the amaaaaaazing variety food variety in this game they left out one of the most important foods on planet Earth! I know you're thinking, "bacon didn't exist in medieval times." But you are wrong. Historians says the Huns cooked bacon under their saddles when they road long distances.. At the end of a days journey the bacon would be salty, dry, and crispy. Why can't Geralt do the same? I think it would be a unique mechanic.

That is all. I even like the graphics.

Hmm...not sure if trolling or for real but Witcher 3 sex scene is similar to Dragon Age Origin sex scene...aka not impress at all.

I also agree that there isn't a balance when it comes to romance options. I was going to say the lack of Triss content was kind of disappointing especially if you romance her, but i can understand others feeling like they throw the Triss romance at the player before they see more of Yen. Also i though certain characters like Iorveth and Saskia would at least get some mention or a side quest, but unfortunately carrying choices from the Witcher 2 was lacking.

Also these topics are good to have because it is constructive criticism and a way for players to say what they felt the game should of (or could of) had.

I think the most disappointing thing about games are GAMERS. Games would be so much better if there were no gamers, but then we'd have no games, so we have to put up with Unreasonable expectation syndrome from gamers. Gamers are without a doubt the worse customers of any product. They think any conversation with the development team pre release is a contractual guarantee of what is in the game instead of a snap shot of where development is at this very moment with no guarantee that anything seen will be in the final product. Even when they are told this they still feel lied to when the finished product isn't exactly like what they saw during development. You don't see car enthusiasts converging on car companies with torches and pitchforks when the factory model of a car isn't exactly like the prototype. You know why? because they are not immature and self entitled.

Is Witcher 3 flawed? Sure all games have them but it is worth the money I paid for it because I am enjoying my SUBJECTIVE experience. I can't speak for anyone else if they enjoyed the game. But so far the biggest disappointment I have experienced related to the game has been gamers.

1) I loved the intricate politics in TW2 so the lack of similar quality is a big let down for me.
2) I find the design of 95% of armors in TW2 horrific. It's especially puzzling after amazing armors in TW2.
3) I'm not a fan of pacing in the game. Absolutely as expected, an open world game would suffer from this which is why I was dubious about this lovely open world idea.
4) Don't care for the way alchemy is handled. Why are there ingredients EVERYWHERE when I really only need very few with the self-rebuilding alchemy items.
5) Not a fan of using potions in combat but if that's in, I'd like at least an animation that can be interrupted.
6) Most skills seem fairly useless, I don't feel much character building compared to TW1/TW2.
7) The quest design took a serious downgrade imho with glowing yellow circles leading you by the nose from point A to point B. I enjoyed NOT having directions in several quests in TW2 where you had to figure things out for yourself.

Overall... the only thing I DO like more in TW3 than TW2 is pretty gorgeous up-close character models in cut scenes. Just about everything else has been a let down. Now, I'm not saying it's not a great game, it is... it's just inferior in most ways to its predecessor in my eyes.

1. Can you elaborate on intricate politics of TW2? It been years since I played that game.

2. I think you mean TW3 and yes TW3 armors is such a downgrade from TW2. Fortunately this won't be an issue once the official mod kits is release, but it is a shame.

3. I agree with the pacing. W2 kept me interested from start to end, can't really say the same about W3. There is no way that an open world game could have a story as good as a linear experience in my opinion. Most of W3 main quest was just drag out with finding people.

4. Agree with you completely. I think the whole alchemy need a re-work. Why is it once I have the potion, I have it forever in unlimited supply as long as I meditate?

6. Agree with you

7. I was hoping this game would be more like Zelda. I hate puzzles but there need to be some. Too much hand holding for my liking especially for a rated M game.

Disappointed with the anti-aliasing(I wish they can improve it or put more options to it), the bugs, I can't enjoy the master crafted armor because the final main mission is too soon, And most importantly I want high level wolf school armor!!

Sorry for my english ;).

Exactly my words Keldrath
One thing that i really don't like in the game is how Yen walk or run , animations of her so awful , she has crooked legs :( , shouldn't be like that

Yeah, they basically left Yen by the wayside. They give you Triss, for two entire games, then early in the third before even meeting Yen aside from the end of the prologue area, ask you to commit to her. You don't even get to be introduced to Yen as a character before it happens.

If I hadn't read the books, I would have just gone with Triss right there, almost solely because "Yennefer who?"

I didn't really know who Yen was other than from trailer since I follow Witcher 3 very closely and I already committed to Triss. Though if the Witcher books are as interesting as they sound, I might have to spend some time reading them. I mean if it was up to me, I choose Corinne Tilly over both Triss and Yen, but unfortunately that not the case.

Spoilers follow, of course.

Putting the 970 crashes and numerous bugs aside, things that disappoint me are world inconsistencies.

Listening to the woman in the village keep talking about her husband going back to see the witch long after you've killed her.

Raising the buried botchling in its guardian form the people of the keep were supposed to all be shut indoors. Not only are there soldiers and others outside while you do this, not a single one of them took any notice about you following this ugly glowing spiritual creature through the keep.

People who have already met you and know who you are keep saying "You're a witcher aren't ye?" As you pass them by. This is ultimately strange when Jutta says it to you not long after you just got done bedding her. Also along these lines are people you just helped and then if bump them accidentally suddenly they yell at you about how you have no respect for their ways and customs.

I find it amazing that almost every single monster has advanced combat tactical training where they know how to dodge and fight just like I do. Even mindless animal can dodge with the best of them. Most of their combat tactics are all the same too.

Not being able to get rid of quests in my quest log. I really have no interest in any of the Gwent missions yet there they are, forever intermingled with all of the quest I am interested in doing.

Those are but a few, but the ones that bug me the most.

Last edited:
Alright my list:

-forcing Yen on us at every opportunity and shafting Triss

-in general pandering to book fans in general and making TW3 a sequel to them instead of the games

- TW2 choices being retconned in the laziest way possibly

- Bioware-esque if not worse politics

- underwhelming main storyline (same old doing favours for people,very fetchy and not nearly as exiting as TW2 story

- Wild hunt were silly antagonists

Whats great:
-phenomenal open world (best in any game), full of detail
-great side quests
- awesome characters
- some great writing (Baron questline)

Top Bottom