What do you think is gonna be first to get a hotfix?

+
Haven't played but double (Syanna) Salamander looks pretty viable for hotfix. Initially it seemed memey but SY defenders being so difficult to get around makes it very ....toxic :beer:
this shouldnt work, or it would, just not how you probably imagine. the deploy ability is poison a unit. the poison all units stuff is tribute and shouldnt be duplicated by syanna according to wording.

most broken card definitely seems to be viy so far

ya1

Forum regular
Because this is the Time of Complaints, aka first few days of a new content :D
Everybody and their grandchildren will shed crocodile tears after every proper beating from a new archetype - nothing surprising really. Broken this, fix that, etc. This is part of the healthy lifecycle of expansions.

Such comments about comments only clutter the forum. You don't like the discussion then pls stay away. This is about what cards people feel are op and why. Not about social trends and consumer psychology. Thanks.

Fix Gezras of Leyda NOW, the card is totally nonsense and bugged. Been playing at seasonal

Afaic seasonal is not meant to be balanced. Gezras does have op ceiling. But the whole concept of row boosting is extremely hairy because of Yrden. It feels to me like this archetype can never be meta. Becase if it becomes meta then people start packing Yrden, and it stops being meta right away. Same as...

Salamander

...self-poison can never be competitve by definition. Because if it becomes competitive then people start packing poison, and it stops being viable just like that. I would love to be proven wrong, though.

Guest 4375874

this shouldnt work, or it would, just not how you probably imagine. the deploy ability is poison a unit. the poison all units stuff is tribute and shouldnt be duplicated by syanna according to wording.

most broken card definitely seems to be viy so far
I wasn't speaking hypothetically, it works. Several people have posted videos demonstrating it wiping the board. It requires setup which is why I said initially that it seems memey but only time will tell.

I wasn't speaking hypothetically, it works. Several people have posted videos demonstrating it wiping the board. It requires setup which is why I said initially that it seems memey but only time will tell.
lol def sounds like an oversight/bug to me then. because from wording this shouldnt be happening at all

Guest 4375874

lol def sounds like an oversight/bug to me then. because from wording this shouldnt be happening at all
From what I can tell, Roland takes care of the tribute problem with Syanna. Probably an oversight but I've come to expect no testing from devs so no surprise here, unless it was intentionally overlooked.

Last edited by a moderator:
At least make a new dialogue option next to Thank You and Hurry Up: Do You Stack And Boost? I Have Yrden. You Can Forfeit And Save Time.
Hahaha, that ⬆️⬆ would be fun.

What can you do?... Binary game calls for a binary response. During this year I gradually included Geralt Yrden to most of my decks to respond to the trends in deckbuilding.

I think Geralt Yrden is the most OP card in the game and considering it's effect I think CDPR should rework it. Even though I use it often, I am not a fan of the concept that one card overrides everything.

Last edited:
Hahaha, that ⬆⬆ would be fun.

What can you do?... Binary game calls for a binary response. During this year I gradually included Geralt Yrden to most of my decks to respond to the trends in deckbuilding.

I think Geralt Yrden is the most OP card in the game and considering it's effect I think CDPR should rework it. Even though I use it often, I am not a fan of the concept that one card overrides everything.
Quick nerf idea, just add "Adrenaline 3 (or 2): Reset the power of 3 adjacent units instead."
And there we go... now it's full-row effect is limited so it can't be used as a finisher. :]

ya1

Forum regular
Yeah, Viy might be the most broken card this expansion. Who's have thought? I'd never have guessed just by looking at it. It's all about being non-interactive.

OK, yeah, Viy is pretty dumb. You can really tell stuff is broken when your deck includes 7 freaking tutors for the same card. And to fight against it you have to just stuff your own deck with 7 big removals. How fun.

Guest 4375874

Yeah, Viy might be the most broken card this expansion. Who's have thought? I'd never have guessed just by looking at it. It's all about being non-interactive.
How exactly is Viy broken? It's been a while since I've played so maybe I'm using it wrong lol

You have to use up your OH charges to make it worth the value because it'll either get locked or swiped which means you're not using the charges on other units. If you target the consume units it'd be very problematic for the MO players. Viy is annoying, no doubt but requires building your deck around it including expensive tutors and if it somehow gets taken you've almost assuredly lost. I think people are just reacting to it and still trying new decks. Give it a few days

rrc

Forum veteran
How exactly is Viy broken? It's been a while since I've played so maybe I'm using it wrong lol
If you haven't played the game in a while (I mean, from yesterday) you may not know how broken it is. First thing is, install the game, build any random deck and queue in to ranked. Most likely you will face OH and Ivy combo.

You have to use up your OH charges to make it worth the value because it'll either get locked or swiped which means you're not using the charges on other units. If you target the consume units it'd be very problematic for the MO players. Viy is annoying, no doubt but requires building your deck around it including expensive tutors and if it somehow gets taken you've almost assuredly lost. I think people are just reacting to it and still trying new decks. Give it a few days
The point is, the whole deck is built around it. Only consume units (like Keyran, Barbagazi, Slizard, Haunt) and f**k load of tutors (Oneiro, ADC, TheUnicorn, Matta, Whispering Hillock, Royal Decree) and almost every turn, Viy is played and consumed. You never see it on board. Combined with the stupid freaking Larva ticking +2 every turn on top of +10, +20 almost every turn and till the end you haven't had a chance to counter or stop Viy. With such tempo, last say is guaranteed and they play 25+ point Ivy as the last card.

You will have to pack hell lot of tall removal to have a chance. So, you can't play what you want if you want to win or have a pleasant experience playing. You either hard tech against it or just lose.

I am speaking theoretically because I don’t own most of the cards necessary to try this. I found cards to tutor viy 8 times (oneromancy twice, Royal decree, ihuarraquax, Matta huuri, Alzur’s double cross, whispering hillock, and dol dhu lokke). I found 10 different cards that could consume viy the turn it is played (Kayran, wererat, barbegazi x2, slyzard x2, barghest x2, desert banshee x2). Some of these cards could consume viy more than once, although going that tall is ill advised. I cannot judge reliability in drawing the right cards at the right time, but I expect one could play viy at least 6 times in a match and consume him without an opponent ever interacting with viy. That would be 93 points from viy alone. Now the remaining cards have to be pretty weak, but if you could average a conservative 4 points per card with 17 played (remember Matta huuri’s draw), other cards would contribute 44 more points. I expect this should easily win two rounds.
Post automatically merged:

Of course, I would argue the problem is not with viy, but with the ridiculous tutors (oneromancy, royal decree, Whispering hillock, and Matta Huuri).

Guest 4375874

If you haven't played the game in a while (I mean, from yesterday) you may not know how broken it is. First thing is, install the game, build any random deck and queue in to ranked. Most likely you will face OH and Ivy combo.

The point is, the whole deck is built around it. Only consume units (like Keyran, Barbagazi, Slizard, Haunt) and f**k load of tutors (Oneiro, ADC, TheUnicorn, Matta, Whispering Hillock, Royal Decree) and almost every turn, Viy is played and consumed. You never see it on board. Combined with the stupid freaking Larva ticking +2 every turn on top of +10, +20 almost every turn and till the end you haven't had a chance to counter or stop Viy. With such tempo, last say is guaranteed and they play 25+ point Ivy as the last card.

You will have to pack hell lot of tall removal to have a chance. So, you can't play what you want if you want to win or have a pleasant experience playing. You either hard tech against it or just lose.
Ok I see...I haven't faced any in the little time I played. All of those consume units you listed are orders which can be removed, locked or reset though. Either they have to be on the board or Viy has to be on the board first and then the rest of their cards would be very weak judging by the cost of the tutors. I'm sure that's not an easy solution but I think after some time ppl will tech against it, if it gets hotfixed then that's fine since I don't rely on it. The one match I played against NG they actually moved it to the top of my deck and stole it but my deck wasn't built around tutors so there wasn't anything I could do.

rrc

Forum veteran
All of those consume units you listed are orders which can be removed, locked or reset though. Either they have to be on the board or Viy has to be on the board first and then the rest of their cards would be very weak judging by the cost of the tutors.
Yes, exactly. We should have 4 or 5 cards which can do 6 damage (there aren't that much) and/or that many lock cards and/or play Lockdown so that OH can't consume immediately and put it back in deck. If one of the condition is not met, it goes out of hand. So, I want to say the most overused word in Gwent's forum. It is BINARY :p

Having one or two locks/tall removal wont work. You have to have plenty. You have? Then Play. Or Forfeit.

viy could easily be fixed by starting at 9 or maybe even 10 and increasing by 2 per consume, that way it's still good and you can build a viable deck around it but it doesnt explode as much :shrug: I like the card design it just seems a little overtuned so far

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
viy could easily be fixed by starting at 9 or maybe even 10 and increasing by 2 per consume, that way it's still good and you can build a viable deck around it but it doesnt explode as much :shrug: I like the card design it just seems a little overtuned so far
Honestly I would say there is no need to increase the starting strength and just cut down the strengthening to 2.
If it still overperforms the base strength can also be reduced to 7 and it should be perfectly fine.

Edit:
Such comments about comments only clutter the forum. You don't like the discussion then pls stay away. This is about what cards people feel are op and why. Not about social trends and consumer psychology. Thanks.
[...]
Messyr rases a fair point though.
People are quick to jump to conclusions and there have been several cases in the past where cards, which people complained about, turned out to be fine (or less unbalanced than people thought).
Just think about the reintroduced Vabjorn ability, someone stated it would be broken and an auto-include.
Has anyone of you seen an actually serious deck use it ?

Last edited:
  • RED Point
Reactions: rrc

Afaic seasonal is not meant to be balanced. Gezras does have op ceiling. But the whole concept of row boosting is extremely hairy because of Yrden. It feels to me like this archetype can never be meta. Becase if it becomes meta then people start packing Yrden, and it stops being meta right away. Same as...

...self-poison can never be competitve by definition. Because if it becomes competitive then people start packing poison, and it stops being viable just like that. I would love to be proven wrong, though.
I agree on self poison, but not movement. Yrden getting meta didn't stop hidden cache back then.

Regarding Viper Witcher Mentor, it's a round one locked six provisions bronze with a lot of RNG involved. Imho they should bring him to 5p and decrease (increase?) Adrenaline to an acceptable level.

Strenghtening is a very interesting but in the same time very toxic and hard to balance mechanic and it should be gone imho.
It was removed for a reason and I have no idea why devs decided to reintroduce this bs again.

Viy with 8p body and 5-6 (?) consumes is just, madaPhooca, crazy tempo and even without strenghening would be very powerful.
With 3p strenghtening Viy should start as a 3p body and for 12 provision it will be still a lot of points.

Top Bottom