what is the best ending, in your opinion? [spoilers]

+
what is the best ending, in your opinion? [spoilers]

I made ciri a witcher and restored temeria, but given her power and ideals, maybe it would be better to make her empress. Who better to rule the world than Ciri?

I hate that Nilfgaard won the war and conquered all the north I do not think that is something Andrej would have written at all. But, if that is the case, I'd prefer ciri rule than the douche emyr.

With that said, I don't want to have to say goodbye to ciri. I prefer witchering with her and settling with Yen. I'm sure she'd visit- she is a teleporter.

I think that making ciri a drowner slayer is a waste of potential- she could lead the world to salvation and protect it as the most powerful woman in the world, but, what can I say, I'm a selfish father and I love her.

I was disappointed that a "I love you too, dad" conversation never occurred between her and Geralt before she entered the portal.

She should be an Empress like she was born to be. Her father was Emperor her grandmother was Queen of Cintra. Royal blood runs deep in her veins

She should be an Empress like she was born to be. Her father was Emperor her grandmother was Queen of Cintra. Royal blood runs deep in her veins
And yet that's the exact opposite of what Ciri wants. She hates how everyone wants her for either her royal blood or her Elder Blood. Witcher Ciri is my personal favorite and is the best for Ciri and Geralt personally. Empress might be better for the citizens of the world but who knows?

From what I've read in the books Emhyr was an unscrupulous bastard who wanted to marry his own daughter and produce an heir with her, all because of Ithlinne's prophecy. And by hunting her down he made Ciri's life miserable for the larger part of her life (not to mention he staged that shipwreck that killed Ciri's mother). What's more - his successor will be Morvran Voorhis (yes, that annoying general in the game, who made no secret that he's being groomed into the next emperor role). So in no way in hell am I gonna give Ciri into the hands of those guys. So I say the best ending is where Ciri is finally free to do what she wants, not what other people tell her duty is. She did her duty already - saved the world from the White Frost, that should be enough, who cares about politics.

From what I've read in the books Emhyr was an unscrupulous bastard who wanted to marry his own daughter and produce an heir with her, all because of Ithlinne's prophecy. And by hunting her down he made Ciri's life miserable for the larger part of her life (not to mention he staged that shipwreck that killed Ciri's mother). What's more - his successor will be Morvran Voorhis (yes, that annoying general in the game, who made no secret that he's being groomed into the next emperor role). So in no way in hell am I gonna give Ciri into the hands of those guys. So I say the best ending is where Ciri is finally free to do what she wants, not what other people tell her duty is. She did her duty already - saved the world from the White Frost, that should be enough, who cares about politics.

this thread will likely be deleted, because of the other one, but like i said in the other:

My brain retconn'ed the ending a bit. In my head, the witcher ending happens, but emyr does not win the north. geralt and yen go off to do whatever the game says, ciri visits (because she can simply teleport) and eventually, Ciri has a child with someone, and the child grows up with Ciri and grandpa geralt's ideals, overthrows emhyr. and fulfills the prophecy.

But of course, Andrej would ansolutely hate my ending. TW is a grey, tragic tale, not a happy one like in my head.
But.. what can I say. I like happy tales, not tragic ones, and my brain rules every story I hear.

For me Witcheress ending with Nilfgaard driven back by Dijkstra is what i consider the best ending.
That's because i see the Empress ending as being very bleak both personally and very likely politically.

Well, as for Nilfgaard, isn't it canon in the books that Nilfgaard does take over the north eventually?

I don't know how happy the Witcheress ending is. Without witcher mutations, she's going to have a real short career...

I don't know how happy the Witcheress ending is. Without witcher mutations, she's going to have a real short career...
Are you serious? Have you seen how she dispatches enemies at the end of the game? Geralt and the rest of the witchers are waaay behind her. She'll be the first witcher-sorceress :D!

Well, from the books: Triss stopped them from pushing her toward the Trial of the Grasses, so she can't use potions and doesn't have other witcher mutations like night vision or disease immunity. She renounced magic, so she can't use signs.

Come on, we know that her godmode in the Ciri flashback segments is just so that people won't get frustrated and stuck on them!

Come on, we know that her godmode in the Ciri flashback segments is just so that people won't get frustrated and stuck on them!
Well, considering that she uses magic in the game I'm thinking that running away from the Wild Hunt and Avallach's nagging were enough reason for her to start using magic again. And not all segments with her were flashbacks - she vanquished the Wild Hunt at Kaer Morhen (and would have destroyed it if not for Avallach's timely intervention) and was practically one hit killing them at the final battle in Skellige. So I'd say her magic overcompensates for her lack of mutations. Beside the point her witcher ending clearly states she becomes famous in the North, meaning her witcher career will be a success.

Last edited:
she has been trained by witcher which puts her among the best sword fighter out there - mutations or not.
She also has a lot of knowledge of monsters, their weaknesses and so on, which is equally important for fighting them.
And finally she has the ability to jump through time and space whenever and wherever she likes.
All in all that makes her a pretty good witcheress.

Well, from the books: Triss stopped them from pushing her toward the Trial of the Grasses, so she can't use potions and doesn't have other witcher mutations like night vision or disease immunity. She renounced magic, so she can't use signs.

uh, she is the lady of the worlds, a sorceress, and an incredible swardswoman who slaughtered a bounty hunter who slew 4 witchers.

I think she'll be fine without mutagens

Witchers also choose what contracts they accept. There's a few Witchers out there that are less capable than Geralt who don't go and fight Higher Vampires, Manticores and Kayrans. I'm willing to trust she's not going to make stupid choices in that regard if she can't handle it.

Besides, the Witcher 3 showed a world filled with monsters (as opposed to the books), so there's plenty of types of work she could be doing. No doubt that mini-conjunction of spheres at the end of the game would've added a bit more work for everyone.

Top Bottom