What is the specific reason you love the witcher?

+
The universe itself..I find it very fascinating and why it has turned me in such a big witcher fan.

The first game got me interested in the novels. This is what brought the Witcher world to me. I enjoy the grittiness that the world holds, I enjoy that Geralt is an investigator as well as a warrior. The personalities are also what draws me in. All in all it's a fantastic dark fantasy world that I find is a rare gem both in gaming and novels.

The Witcher shoots fire from this hands. That's something I grew up trying to do, yet never succeeded. People also gave me strange looks, imagine that.

The Witcher makes Chuck Norris run behind the couch to hide. That's how scary The Witcher can be.

Most importantly - he brings back the coolness factor to.....tighty whities.

Had never heard of the series, gambled on Witcher 2 as it was an RPG and I always loved those. Had zero knowledge of the game beforehand.

So... here I am, complete noob to this game and (W2 spoilers):

The intro was really spectacular, but the moment I got hooked for real was in the prison cell after when Roche interrogates you. When you start to troll him ending with being shot in the back and dying. Laughed so hard and the last time I had such an epic fail game-over was in Planescape Torment when you can choose to become the next silent king. It was only one way up from there. Dark world, sex, violence, intrigue, politics, monster hunting. Loved all of it.

[paraphrase]" That ass puts all others to shame"
seriously, where else can we spend over a hundred hours and not feel as if at least part of it was wasted? I have long since lost count of my twee and tw2 runs, they are many. Still, after all this, i find lines i never saw/ heard before, and unlike other series, I do not get faster runs after the first two. Every single moment in the witcher universe is a moment i did not spend in my own, and for that i am truly grateful. I laugh, i cry, i kill monsters in anger or to ease dangers for NPC's who don't care. My Geralt never regrets , never compromises, knows his true self even if amnesia is still a niggling thorn in the seat of those oh so tight pants. His blades are deadly and aard and igni always ready. Add in a few exotic friends and there is no reason except the occasional pot roast and brownie a la mode to rejoin my actual universe.

A fantasy 'D&D' style game with a unique universe within, using your wits and strengths to overcome your enemies. One of the best, cutting edge games out there made by a company that was virtually unheard of prior to the release of the original. In addition, it's made by a great company that actually respects you as the gamer and giving you deals that are unmatched by anyone else out there.

CDPR, keep doing what you are doing. You kick ass and are SO much better than EA and Activision. Keep this up and you will always have my favor.

The setting and characters are fantastic and the overall writing is top notch. The games also treat you like an adult, and from the looks of WItcher 3 it has a lot of options to turn off to keep it that way. The game on the highest difficulty settings are challenging and rewarding enough, without feeling cheap. The story and setting isn't your typical "hero" or "save the world" story that most other RPGs seem to rehash over and over again, and they do a great job to make it feel like the world exists with or without Geralt (you). The whole world is really grounded in a way it is hard to explain. The dialogue is great, which of course includes the many laugh out loud moments from the various characters.

As a side bar... I do not like Malena from Witcher 2, (as she was a traitorous bitch :)) but my wife and I named our daughter Malena. Her and I went back and forward over names, and randomly the name Malena came to mind and we selected that the name for our now five week old daughter. I think it says something about the quality of the characters, writing and delivery of the story when you remember random side characters years later. I do play the Witcher 2 a few times a year, but haven't as this year due to trying to knock out a few other games before Witcher 3 takes completely over. :)

Dark fantasy universe.

Dragon age Origins was dark, DA:2 and DA:I was not.

Since Bioware went Hollywood on us, CDPR are the only ones delivering solid DF games. The exception being Dark Souls.

The world, the characters, the choices, and just the fact that its one of the best storyline i ever player.

Tons of reasons, but one I would specifically mention is that it doesn't cater to the SJW fanatics.

Primarily its politics. And not in the sense of a lot of people scheming and plotting against one another, which is great. But the deeper implications of that. How individuals and whole peoples are affected, shaped, and even scarred by events, changes, and phenomena.

Top Bottom