What monsters would you like to see for the Witcher 3?§

+
What monsters would you like to see for the Witcher 3?§

I'm interested in knowing what monsters people would like to see, or see return in The Witcher 3.

Personally, I'd love to see more creatures with connections to the Slavic mythology, or iconic to the Witcher franchise in general: kikimora, several different vampire types, loyal to the novels, vodyanoi, forktail, slyzard, noonwraith...I'd also like to see ghouls once more.

The monster selection of TW2 is a bit more generic than TW1, consisting mostly of various kinds of necrophages. I understand that with the higher production values there simply can't be as many monster types as the first game had, but I'd like to have monsters a bit more rare, and more unique to each location. Since TW3 will be set in wartime, generic foes can mostly be soldiers, deserters and brigands leeching off from refugees, and allow monster encounters to be a bit more in line with the books. Ofcourse there still must be necrophages scrounging around on the remains in old battlefields, but other than that, I'd like monsters to be more tied to specific locations, and have stories to justify their presence.

I'd like if monsters from TW1 would return, also, some more we can only see/hear/read in the novels. Plus a manticore and a slizard. That's it, and maybe trophy monsters.

I don't know a lot about the Witcher lore. Providing an online bestiary would help me decide. But to be honest, I don't really care as long as the design is cool.

So far, so good CDPR ;)

If Geralt is travelling south to Nilfgaard, I think we can expect more exotic (southern) creatures. I'd like to see Wyverns again. I also miss the vampires, and fighting a Griffin could be interesting.

I really hope that we do get another forest to explore, like in the first act of TW2, complete with monsters and animals that belong there. I really enjoyed walking through that forest, simply because it looked, felt and sounded like a real forest.

Norlak said:
I don't know a lot about the Witcher lore. Providing an online bestiary would help me decide. But to be honest, I don't really care as long as the design is cool.

So far, so good CDPR ;)

Witcher Wiki Bestiary

I want all of TW1's vampires to return, drowners, archespores, echinopsae, rusalkas, vodyanoi, werewolves, kikimoras, specters like noonwraiths, efreets (ifrits?), barghests, banshees. Also mutated humans and wild creatures like bears and wolves.

From TW2 I liked the arachi, endregas, rotfiends, harpies.

I would like more kinds of demons, Succubi are OK but I want something resembling torture, torment, agony and power. Taken from D&D-style bestiaries, something resembling a Pit Fiend, Balor, Glabrezu, Marilith, etc...

And finally any other slavic inspired monster they can think of. I like the idea of having ONE slyzard and/or manticore somewhere in the game, that you can fight with the help of a small team, to make it more realistic. We all know that "noone can parry the blow of a slyzard's tail".

If they could combine TW1 and TW2 monsters I would be happy! Witcher 1 had sooo many and even there loads of different mutant variations.

"and fighting a Griffin could be interesting. "

As a Gryphon I hope you don't mean that, ;-)

Personally, I'd like Wyverns, maybe even a Drake.

Aver

Forum veteran
I would love to see Griffin. They are my favorite mystical beasts, but it shouldn't be a common monster. It should be hard boss fight and it should be a big beast (like Draug).

Aver said:
I would love to see Griffin. They are my favorite mystical beasts, but it shouldn't be a common monster. It should be hard boss fight and it should be a big beast (like Draug).

Just as long as you don't have to kill it, I'd be happy.

Speaking of large monsters, I hope that fighting them will be a bit more dynamic in TW3. More like Shadow of the Colossus lite than a series of quicktime events. Climbing on the monsters backs, finding weak spots, using the environment as a weapon, etc. For example, you could have a slyzard that you would first have to lure in a trap that would eliminate its instakill tail, and then engage in an actual fight where you aim to climb to its back and strike its head. Also, it would be awesome if we could get a battle against a Djinn, in the style of The Last Wish.

And noonwraiths would be great simply because they're such a unique concept. Generally, the spirit-beings should all display some unique quirks, and have a story related to their presence.

reposting from other thread:
http://forumzn.katalogi.pl/Bestiariusz_S%C5%82owia%C5%84ski_%5Bpolski_folklor%5D_%3B_-t3159.html

Didn't Yen and Geralt hunt down a Gene (I'm not sure how you spell it. So I just went with that) once? It would be cool to encounter one... JUST LIKE ROBBIN WILLIAMS!

Aver

Forum veteran
Norlak said:
Didn't Yen and Geralt hunt down a Gene (I'm not sure how you spell it. So I just went with that) once? It would be cool to encounter one... JUST LIKE ROBBIN WILLIAMS!

It's Genie. :)

ok dont laugh me off the stage, but, bunnicullas or ROUS's, in other words vermin of large and nasty disposition. I too miss the alps and vampire types of TW1 as well as a few larger beasts like Gryffon, Centaurian or dragonkin of some kind would make me thrilled. we have not seen any cat type monsters yet nor a sykie/merkind.

The only thing I want is that drowner repellant bandanna or something that I found in the witcher 1. Worked for me so well.

Bah! So what if this thread is five months old!

a manticore

Throw in some Zerrikanian dancers an we are good to go.

Since the Game Informer issue mentioned that Sirens will be present in the game, maybe there's a possibility that a Kraken would as well appear since they are controlled by sirens. Would make the sailing events in the game that much more scarier.

Also, fighting a Hydra would be awesome as well. According to the wikia, if you don't cut its heads with either silver or magic, two new heads grow back. Would make for an interesting combat scenario, if you weren't to have a Silver sword with you.

And I'm sure there are a lot more monsters I'd like to see to be present in the game.

Top Bottom